Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,188 members, 7,974,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:32 PM

Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? (5177 Views)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2009
true talk-up to a point
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by mayrho(m): 8:50am On Aug 17, 2009
I think you just need to keep your cool I had this classmate back in school we tot he'd have issues with project/seminar defense but, he just took it easy and trust me he did well all of us gave him a standing ovation.
And the examiner was wondering why we stood up.
Just take ur words one at a time.
All da best
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by Ojumiii(m): 9:35am On Aug 17, 2009
try speaking like an american with an americano accent if you are a stammerer, it kind of helps, i used to stammer and i tried it , works sometimes
True talk

I am a stammerer and i have never fail in any job interview befor, when i was in secondary school i won debate for my class (SSSII) and my school and in higher institution i am a member of SUG parliament, a very active one, and for ladies i haved been with best of them both in intelect and physics, so for me is more of a  blessing than a disadvantage.

I red books that help me in my anger manegmenrs,

I am 27 years old and i will be married in six weeks time.

My  brother is a very goog lawyer, never loose a case befor, though his late now, May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

you can make the best out of every case, that is my word.
when, you are able to solve your nature given assignment, you are sure to come out the BEST
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by soldee: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2009
I know some tricks that can help stammerers - really:

1) While practising on your own, try reading out loud while holding your tongue down with a teaspoon - practise frequently and you'll find that you are in better control of the muscle in your tongue.

2) Harden your lips into muscles till they feel like two strong tight ropes, then read as many articles in a newspaper out loud. It may sound easy but its not. With time you'll gain control over your lip muscles as well, and you'll be flowing like a player.

( I actually know a chronic stammerer who speaks perfectly only when he's toasting babes - I swear!! Any other time, ha, u'll want to slap him. His friends started thinking he was just pretending 'cos he kept getting all the babes, lol!!)
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by yuppydon(m): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2009
A stammerer can easily fit into jobs like programming and all he does is to write codes and give his project manager and sales person to market. he does not need to interact with his clients directly but he has the IQ to write good codes.
Telling a stammerer to pursue a job as a journalist or news casting because he has a passion is like putting square pegs in round holes. it wont just work grin grin grin
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by 3kay945(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2009
i only stammer when am wit my closed pal or family, even my g.friend isnt aware, but the chances re slim for chronic stammrs in this country,
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by 3kay945(m): 11:55am On Aug 17, 2009
but i speak very fast,,
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
If u are a stammerer, what u need to do is to be calm always and confident. This really help! Nevertheless, u can be whatever u want to be as long as u know the rules and what it takes.

U can be a singer as long as u have the voice

U can be a politician, lawyer (eg. MKO, Gani) as long as u are bold, confident and u have your research and facts correct

The sky is the limit for you! wink
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by Nezan(m): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2009
it is a pity 4 stammerers when it comes 2 interviews.
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by jorem(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2009
It's not always the best thing for both employer(in one man business) and employee to stammer, the employee will almost develop hypertension.
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by Junee(f): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
well I'm going a bit off topic . . . duh right?

I read thru & i didn't see anyone write about stammerers being cute lovers . . .i fell in love wit a stammerer once & i think i love them stammerers. I always looked forward to when he'll stammer & then i'll smile, especially when he is pleading with me. And did i say when they are angry is when u love them more?

I almost wish my hubby to be is a stammerer tongue

Just like i love peeps with freckles . . . . i love them stammerers kiss
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by ayobase(m): 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2009
the sweating is gonna be serious
in anticipation of making sure he
secures the job.

I cant imagine the scenario!

It is gonna be like another
I Go Die on stage!
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 17, 2009
ha, ha, ha! my belle go bust with laughter o! grin
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by PAPAMODE(m): 8:41am On Aug 18, 2009
Its funny when people make comments without looking at experiences of people. We need to differentiate between stutterers and stammerers. Stammering/stuttering is often excerbated when the person is tensed up but I have come to know stammerers who have used their so-called disabilities well. They are often the best communicators or people to meet when u need a balanced view cos they take their time before speaking. I also know that their relationship with a person determines the level of the stuttering. My friend is quite articulate when talking with most people but is quite uncomfortable when talking to his dad.

Come to think of it, I think MKO Abiola was a stutterer grin and yet no one can dispute his cerebral prowess or his conversational skills or his ability to defeat Tofa hands down at the presidential debate in 1993.

How come Nigerians like making fun of people with so-called diabilities? If Stevie Wonder or Ray Parker Charles were Nigerians I am quite confident that they would never achieve a similar level of success. How come our comedians have no jokes apart from those relating to stammerers/cross-eyed/orobo women? shocked
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by cbjonstage(m): 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2009
true talk dey dis thread. wat kind job do u recommend to a stammerer? as for me, im one of them, hahahaha
my work @ d moment is administrative work in public establishment.

yuppydon:

A stammerer can easily fit into jobs like programming and all he does is to write codes and give his project manager and sales person to market. he does not need to interact with his clients directly but he has the IQ to write good codes.
Telling a stammerer to pursue a job as a journalist or news casting because he has a passion is like putting square pegs in round holes. it wont just work grin grin grin

not all stammerers can programmed, some might want to see themselve on a spotlight. The talented ones sometimes were overshadowed and it makes them to lose their chance. but how will they cope when an expected question is being thrown to them. lets say if he/she is a popular sportsman, musician (expect Bleep up by them, lols).
unexpected question/scenario enables them to respond and communicate with confidence
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
na ignorance dey worry some people grin
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by ettebobson: 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
First off; this is an insensitive topic. Two; i am not a stammerer.

I know lots of stammerers who have high profile jobs. I read someone mention shlumberger and not employing stammerers; dude should shut up cos he/she don't know what he/she is talking about.
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2009
abi o! people are just posting rubbish about what they don't have a clue of!
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by bumdish: 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2009
Picked interest i this topic. My financee kind of had this issue to contend with but after some peroid of mentoring/coaching, she overcomed that fear, treat & trauma associated with the Job seeking/Stammaring. She presently works for one of the best companies in Nigeria after having rejected more than 4 plum jobs in the Oil, Insurance , IT services & Manufacturing sectors.
My brother/Sister, all Good & perfect gift comes from God, the father of light.
1. You need to be clear prospect for your prospective employer. Make sure you establish that in ur interviews
2. You need to accept ur imperfection, no denial. But be quick in converting the imperfection into your winning point.
3. We all need God's grace & favor. Strenght & Might as failed and will continue to. Only God can save.
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by drI: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2009
please this thread is not meant to be insulting. However the sarcastic comment made by the poster at the tail end of her statement made it seem insulting.
That cld have been on the lighter note though.
I do have a suitor who is a chronic stammerer though,he is doing so well.and even has his own company with lots of foreign partners.
I must say i hardly understand what he says and its kindda puttting me off.very very good looking and classy though.
Stutterers just need to know their stuff.they might just need to be a little above board you know for their difficulty to be ignored esp in this country where there is hardly any considerations for the physically challenged.
Re: Do Stammerers Have A Good Chance In High Stake Job Interviews? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2009
i agree with you 100%! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

OND Salary Scale In The Bank.. / Is NEMA Recruiting? / PTDF Scholarship 2013/2014 Is Out!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.