Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,211 members, 7,887,558 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:36 AM

Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) (1047 Views)

"I Didn't Give Approval For Launch Of Radio Biafra In America"– Nnamdi Kanu / Tunde Bakare: I Have No Regret Protesting Jonathan’s Subsidy Removal In 2012 / I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by kayfra: 4:33am On May 13, 2016
Why I didn't trust Jonathan..

OBJ and Yaradua also paid subsidy. They paid between N150b to N250b annually.

Suddenly in just one year, Jonathan paid oil subsidy worth N2tr.

Haba!

It takes an idiotic fool to trust Jonathan with anything sensitive and sensible!

From Facebook

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by Flexherbal(m): 5:03am On May 13, 2016
Whose opinion is this?

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by orisa37: 5:30am On May 13, 2016
Religion: Always pray that you're not beseeched by Satan
Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by KwoiZabo(m): 5:33am On May 13, 2016
And Buhari made us buy fuel at 250. Zombies

3 Likes

Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by Nobody: 6:10am On May 13, 2016
KwoiZabo:

Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by focus7: 6:27am On May 13, 2016
Op Jonathan baptismal name is Dr. Corruption.
Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by lovedatruth(m): 7:59am On May 13, 2016
Dats just d issue-TRUST. Subsidy removal is d best for the popullace but during GEJ's regime, he could not betrusted hence d protests. Nw we av a President who's honest nhas d political will to do tins.
Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by ba7man(m): 8:34am On May 13, 2016
GEJ would have looted all the cash saved by subsidy removal in that primitive way he and his goons nearly looted the nation into oblivion.

Thief like him.
Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:56am On May 13, 2016
ba7man:
GEJ would have looted all the cash saved by subsidy removal in that primitive way he and his goons nearly looted the nation into oblivion.

Thief like him.
Jonthan looted all d cash and we were enjoying d economy,now dat d dullard is not looting the cash,e economy is upside down,things are so expensive,no lite,no fuel,so shut up!

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by ba7man(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Jonthan looted all d cash and we were enjoying d economy,now dat d dullard is not looting the cash,e economy is upside down,things are so expensive,no lite,no fuel,so shut up!
GEJ looted us into the position we're in right now.

May you pray for insight into the cause of your situation in life.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by kayfra: 1:47pm On May 13, 2016
Looting has consequences.
Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by Hengineer: 1:51pm On May 13, 2016
KwoiZabo:
Jonathan also made us buy fuel at over N250 just before he left. Oops! I forgot, it was Buhari's body language that made fuel scarce a month to handover. lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by mikolo80: 6:19pm On May 13, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
you folow thief awa moni ba.may it hook ur throat
Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by Wesely01(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2016
I
kayfra:
Why I didn't trust Jonathan..

OBJ and Yaradua also paid subsidy. They paid between N150b to N250b annually.

Suddenly in just one year, Jonathan paid oil subsidy worth N2tr.

Haba!

It takes an idiotic fool to trust Jonathan with anything sensitive and sensible!

From Facebook

grin grin grin

By who now ? Facebook ; Mark Zuckerberg
Re: Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) by 4Play(m): 7:01pm On May 13, 2016
This absurd piece of illogic making the rounds is stunning for its audacity. What purports to pass for a reasoned argument goes as follows:

GEJ is so corrupt that we opposed his removal of subsidy as we couldn't trust him with the saved money.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence will instantly recognise the false dichotomy in the argument. For, if you cannot trust GEJ with the subsidy savings, then it is out of the question to trust him with the subsidy spending. Those who spout this dissonant guff are simply trying to rationalise positions adopted out of bias. This is why I have argued that many Nigerians support policies depending on their ethnic/religious leaning fabricating ever more absurd pseudo-arguments to justify why policies they vehemently opposed not long ago are now the best thing since sliced bread.

Subsidy removal was and is the economically literate thing to do. You cannot continue to spend a depleting resource - oil and the revenues therefrom - on a consumption good like petrol. Think of the total subsidy bill in the last 4 years alone and the opportunity cost. The main reason the subsidy programme lasted this long is because it was a lucrative conduit for corruption.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Fighting Low Grade Civil War – Olisa Agbakoba / Biafrans Prepared Pigeons In Biafran Colors To Fly Across The Sky On 23rd / Trouble In APC: Akeredolu Slights Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.