Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,028 members, 7,966,791 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:35 PM

Education Or Creativity;which Should Be Encouraged? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Or Creativity;which Should Be Encouraged? (318 Views)

To Further My Education Or Continue With What l Am Doing Now / Academics Or Fashion:which Should Be Encouraged In Nigerian Institutions / Should I Further My Education Or Go For Arabic School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education Or Creativity;which Should Be Encouraged? by slaknoah(m): 8:32am On May 13, 2016
We are living in a world where everyone thinks without education you cannot succeed in life. Let it be noted that I am not in any way against education in fact Education is ONE OF the best legacy. But creativity should be equally celebrated too.

Gone are the days when once you have a degree you are sure of getting a job, but now we all know what our university graduates are facing out there. Someone with great idea will be belittled because maybe he/she is only a degree holder or probably Masters. Is formal education really a prerequisite to knowing what someone has to offer?

We all know the story of people like Albert Einstein(dropped out at age 15), Thomas Edison(after only three months of formal education), Benjamin Franklin, Bill Gates, Walt Disney who had to leave school to face reality. Let it be noted once again that I am not in anyway discouraging education or trying to celebrate those that dropped out of school, but I am saying Creativity should be equally celebrated as education.

A child whose interest is dancing shouldn't be forced or lured into a Biology class!
Singing is as important as Mathematics!

We are living in a world where someone applying for the post of a salesman/woman (in a roadside shop) is being asked to present his/her certificate even to write a CV (trust me I have heard stories like that before)

If you are a TED user, you will know this is a very important topic, which need urgent attention.
(attached is a TED video on this same topic)

So the question is, Education or Creativity; which should be encouraged?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY
Re: Education Or Creativity;which Should Be Encouraged? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 13, 2016
creativity and education works hand in hand......... you might be creative, have ideas and not have the logic to implement your creative ideas, so you have to learn (education) to be able to let your creativity reach it prime

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Your Comprehensive Project Topics And Materials In Medical Laboratory Scienc / Join Now! 100% Free / Should 5 years of working experience be equal to a bachelor’s degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.