Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,139 members, 7,916,336 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:47 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners (31256 Views)

CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan / Subsidy Removal,the Reality And The Advantages. / Fuel Subsidy Removal: The Turncoatism Of President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by gcof(m): 4:30pm On May 13, 2016
what time frame are we looking at for things to get better through this subsidy removal? my sincere thought is that this price will never go down reason being that since oil marketers have been asked to buy petrol and sell at any price convenient for them, I trust my Nigerian brothers they will always claim they bought at a very high price thereby, selling at the highest possible price
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by kolaish(m): 4:35pm On May 13, 2016
All these your analysis will only come to nothing in a few months time. There are untold stories behind this removal of subsidy. I think the Nigerians masses will feel the impact most. I don't see the issue of corruption being wiped out from the oil industry, if actually it does exists as you make us to believe. You will soon uncover a new series of corruption in the oil industry when the time comes.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by hausameat: 4:38pm On May 13, 2016
222Martins:
Regardless of which way the pendulum swings, the cabal will always make money; subsidy or no subsidy. Another entity that wins in the game are the banks. You forgot to add the FX dealerssmiley smiley smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin grin
very correct. Nigerians do not how this country runs. The cabal and the filling station onwers are the once to kill the common man. We have never seen any thing. From now on, there will be serious artificial scarcity and there will be no end to suffering and groaning. I only feel for those who do not vote for Buhari thinking he will never win. Now the dunce clearly showing the animal running in him.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by LoveableSnr(m): 4:49pm On May 13, 2016
rottennaija:

This evaluation isn't complete until you also look at the long term effects of this policies.

Obviously, competition will set in. And, as it is in every competitive market, competitors will be striving to make sales, profit, gather patronage and grow their businesses, this will inevitably force down the price of this commodity. The HIgher the Supply, the lower the price. It will also expose the invisible hands in the market and eliminate them too. So, yes! This analogy isn't complete untill the long term effect(s) is(are) are also identified.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by isaacodo: 4:50pm On May 13, 2016
My greatest joy is we all are suffering it, Next time you will learn not to trust Politicians. Also i will be here in the next 2 years to say the same thing.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Yunus2012(m): 4:55pm On May 13, 2016
The biggest winner is Dangote. His refinery is already at an advance stage. He will definarely control the market when its complete, cos' he will nor have to bother about forex.

By the time others will be looking for location for their factory, his will be up and running and those importing can't compete with him.

He is definitely the biggest winner.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Tex42(m): 5:16pm On May 13, 2016
slimfit1:
The government should start a transport company like in lagos, so that people won't feel too much of the effects. If they are expecting states and other companies to start you are wasting your time. Start it and privatise it later when you have fully established it properly.
Nice idea, palliative measures u mean...

It's unfortunate that the present government is kinda insensitive to the suffering of the people.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by rottennaija(m): 5:26pm On May 13, 2016
LoveableSnr:

Obviously, competition will set in. And, as it is in every competitive market, competitors will be striving to make sales, profit, gather patronage and grow their businesses, this will inevitably force down the price of this commodity. The HIgher the Supply, the lower the price. It will also expose the invisible hands in the market and eliminate them too. So, yes! This analogy isn't complete untill the long term effect(s) is(are) are also identified.

And that is the ultimate objective of this whole thing. We have been leaving a short term benefit life for so long, it's now time we do something or sacrifice for posterity sake

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by dallyemmy: 5:28pm On May 13, 2016
Below is what Mbaka Said on 31st December 2015.
“Listen fellow Nigerians, as it is right now, most of what we are suffering now and we are going to suffer were caused few years ago but the Lord asked me to encourage you.

Suffering is coming but it is not suffering under damnation, there is solution, it may take some time, but at the end of it, there will be testimonies”
“As I have told you, there is going to be crisis but God will handle it. This year, God said my people will be over-comers, things will be hard but my people will be over-comers
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Sirbun: 5:29pm On May 13, 2016
Please every well meaning Nairaland should spread this news. According to top security info. Hausa and Fulanis are conveying to attack the people of Aba probably this night. This might cause another civil war. Say no
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 13, 2016
slimfit1:
The government should start a transport company like in lagos, so that people won't feel too much of the effects. If they are expecting states and other companies to start you are wasting your time. Start it and privatise it later when you have fully established it properly.
in Nigeria? What happens to the urban transport system in almost all states? The federal govt should speed up our rail channel which will bring about cheap alternative transportation of both human and commodities. With this, the price of goods won't rice to the heavens.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by manny4life(m): 5:50pm On May 13, 2016
Yunus2012:
The biggest winner is Dangote. His refinery is already at an advance stage. He will definarely control the market when its complete, cos' he will nor have to bother about forex.

By the time others will be looking for location for their factory, his will be up and running and those importing can't compete with him.

And where exactly will the refinery get the crude to refine ?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by okikioluphoto(m): 5:56pm On May 13, 2016
but dis is tantamatically worrisome wen nigerian political fantasmagorian catapulted themselves in d corridors of power and lie to nigerians and using dranconian policy as a strategy and methodology for governance.GOD we judge dem according to their naferious and ricalcitrant character of rulership.say baba say buhari.APC change
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Emyogalanya: 5:58pm On May 13, 2016
TedBaker:
The government(FG) I think is the greatest loser in these
that's sarcastically speaking
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by rottennaija(m): 6:18pm On May 13, 2016
goodlifehyd1:
Do you really need to quote that long post before dropping your opinion??

Without quoting him, it would not get his attention and he wouldn't be notified abs as such, he may not know he has a question to answer otherwise unless he goes through the thread which he may hardly do considering the volume of comment that will be coming in
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by rottennaija(m): 6:22pm On May 13, 2016
OgbeniAnonymous:
Nairaland no go loose?
No electricity + no fuel = phone off + Nairaland loss.

For this age? Unless you are in the village but heck, even bokoharam has solar plate. So, anyone complaining of electricity to charge phone isn't complaining with so many cheap solar power banks in the marker.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Akiika: 6:49pm On May 13, 2016
Myopic!
Who put this kind shallow analysis for front page?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by OneNaija(m): 7:17pm On May 13, 2016
Am wondering of the whereabout of those Nigerians who
occupied the streets of lagos when GEJ removed fuel
subsidy in january 2012..... fuel is now 145 per litre and the
streets are not yet occupied or could it be that those in
lagos still buy for 86 naira per litre.... # hypocrites
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by ejima5101: 7:26pm On May 13, 2016
When I first heard the word PSYCHOLOGY, I spelt it as SYCOLOGY, I didn't know there was a silent P. When APC promised us #45 as PMS pump price, I didn't also know there was a silent 'hundred' now fuel is 145. Oh!!!! Lord save us from the hand of Buhari.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by TedBaker(m): 7:34pm On May 13, 2016
Emyogalanya:
that's sarcastically speaking
only for those thinking outside their brains............ Like you!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by gabbytabby: 8:31pm On May 13, 2016
For the better part of the last year we have been buying at 120-150 anyways so make we kukuma continue instead of the silly twats I mean marketers collecting subsidy on top.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by gabbytabby: 8:39pm On May 13, 2016
Yunus2012:

Let him win oh. When patriotic Nigerians invest and provide employment to Nigerians they shall continue to win. AMEN
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by YOLO1(m): 8:52pm On May 13, 2016
I just wish PDP could allow Jonathan contest under dia platform in 2019 and see how he will defeat baba Buhari.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by myhotbrain: 10:57pm On May 13, 2016
myhotbrain:

MY RESPONSE TO A MEMBER ON ANOTHER RELATED TOPIC EARLIER TODAY:

FOR THE LAY MAN:

1) CBN IS THE BANKER OF ALL BANKS AND THE BANKER OF THE FGN

2) THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SELL CRUDE OIL IN DOLLARS.

3) WHEN THE PRICE OF CRUDE OIL IS HIGH, FGN MAKES MORE DOLLARS THUS HAVE MORE DOLLARS TO SELL.

4) WHEN THE PRICE OF CRUDE OIL IS LOWER, FGN MAKES LESS DOLLARS THUS HAVE LESS DOLLARS TO SELL.
(BECAUSE PRICE OF CRUDE OIL HAS BEEN VERY VERY LOW FOR OVER 18 MONTHS NOW IS WHY GOVERNMENT STOP SELLING DOLLARS TO BUREAU DE CHANGE AND ALSO BANK THE IMPORTATION OF SOME NON ESSENTIAL GOODS AS WELL AS EXCLUDED SOME OTHER GOODS FROM ACCESSING THE OFFICIAL CBN RATE OF ACTUALLY N198 TO $1. OR ROUNDED UP WE SAY N200.

5) FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SELL DOLLARS TO IMPORTERS OF FUEL AT OFFICIAL RATE. BUT SOMETIMES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MIGHT NOT EVEN HAVE DOLLARS TO SELL BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH. SO THE IMPORTERS HAVE TO SOURCE FOR DOLLARS ON THEIR OWN OR NOT IMPORT AT ALL WHICH MIGHT CAUSE SHORTAGE OF FUELS AND RESULTED TO SCARCITY OF FUEL AND LONG LINES AT THE FILLING STATION.

6) GOVERNMENT NOW IS SAYING THAT THEY WANT TO GET OUT OF SUBSIDY ALTOGETHER BECAUSE OF ALL THE PROBLEMS INVOLVED BUT OF COURSE, WILL STILL REGULATE THE PRICING MODULE THIS IS WHY MR IBE KACHIKWU SAY PRICE OF PETROL WILL BE BETWEEN N135-N145.

ADVICE:

1) QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ASKED OF GOVERNMENT SUCH AS:

A) CAN ANYBODY NOW IMPORT FUEL AS THEY WISH JUST AS AGO,
B) CAN THE IMPORTER ACCESS OFFICIAL DOLLAR RATE OR THEY ARE OYO (ON YOUR OWN)
C) WHAT IF CRUDE OIL PRICE INCREASES SHARPLY IN THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET AND PRICE OF PETROL RISES ALONG WITH IT? WHAT SOCIAL PALLIATIVE WILL BE EMPLOYED TO ASSUAGE THE EFFECT?
D) WHEN WILL THE NEW REFINERIES COME ON BOARD?
E) HAVE THEY OFFICIALLY EXIT THE KEROSENE SUBSIDY REGIME AND CAN ANY IMPORTER ALSO ENGAGE IN THAT IMPORTATION.
F) WHEN WILL THEY DISTRIBUTE THE FREE GAS CYLINDERS TO THE POOR MASSES AND WHAT INFRASTRUCTURE WILL THEY HAVE ON GROUND SO THAT EVERYONE WHO NEEDS GAS CAN ACCESS IT AT A FAIR PRICE AND ADEQUATELY?

2) LABOR UNIONS SHOULD ASK FOR IMMEDIATE REVIEW OF THEIR SALARIES TO AT LEAST, DOUBLE OF WHAT THE CURRENT MINIMUM IS I.E. N36,000.

3) WE MUST DEMAND FOR A WELL FUNDED AND WELL EQUIPPED POLICE FORCE AND OF COURSE, MORE RECRUITMENT; THAT APPROVED 10,000 RECRUITMENT SPOT IS DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH, WE SHOULD BE TALKING OF A YEARLY INCREASE OF MINIMUM 50,000 FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS.

WHY? BECAUSE THE FEAR OF AN EFFICIENT NON-BRIBE TAKING POLICE FORCE IS THE BEGINNING OF ORDERLINESS, CRIME PREVENTION AND ENFORCEMENT. GO SEE THE DEVELOP WORLD. THE MERE SEEING OF A POLICE CAR BEHIND YOUR OWN IS THE ULTIMATE REASON TO OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS.

WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING POLICE OFFICERS AS BEGGERS ON THE STREET AND EXTORTIONIST IN THEIR POLICE STATIONS.

CONCLUSION:

SUBSIDY OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS MUST GO AND NEVER REAR ITS UGLY HEAD AGAIN.
ASIDE OF THE WASTE WHICH IT HAS BEEN CONSTITUTING FOR SUCH A LONG TIME. IT IS ALSO A SHAME ON OUR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE THAT WE ARE IMPORTING PRODUCTS IN WHICH WE HAVE COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE IN THE SOURCE OF RAW MATERIALS FOR THOSE PRODUCTS.

RATHER THAN IMPORTING FUELS, NIGERIA SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE AFRICAN LEADER IN THE EXPORTATION OF REFINED PRODUCTS AND THIS IS WHY I HAVE ALWAYS SUPPORTED SUBSIDY REMOVAL.

AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CALL ON ALL MONEY-BAGS TO JUMP ON THIS SHIP NOW: BUILD REFINERIES EITHER MODULAR OR GREENFIELD, BUILD GAS DISPENSING DEPOTS...THESE ARE BUSINESSES FOR THE PRESENT AND NOW...

GOVERNMENT SHOULD ALSO ENCOURAGE THE USE OF DUAL POWER FOR THE ROAD TRANSPORT OWNERS I.E. ENACT LAWS WHICH WILL MAKE ALL BUSES USE BOTH GAS AND PETROL SO THAT WE CAN REDUCE THE USE OF PETROL.
FYI: NIGERIA IS SAID TO BE THE 4TH LARGEST OWNER OF GAS RESERVE...WE CAN START TO HARNESS THE POTENTIALS OF THIS RESERVE AND USE ITS PROCEED TO BENEFIT OUR PEOPLE.

TAKING A BREAK FOR NOW

PEACE!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by kadree(m): 11:00pm On May 13, 2016
Hammefeez:
When GEJ removed it in the year 2012, Nigerian opposed because, we do not trust Jonathan and Diezany but, later GEJ removed part of it and pledge to use it for the betterment of the Nation. SURE P was formed and Jonathan claimed to have spent every subsidy money on Sure P which did not impacted on the life of Nigerian hence the reason why PMB scraped it without any protest from the people against his decision.

We trust Buhari, that was why we voted for him. Though, things will be hard now but, certainly good time ahead.

Wailers Come and chop grin
My brother, dis is d point av bn hammering on. U get sense bro.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/aggrieved-sure-p-staff-protest-over-n4-9bn-fraud/

https://www.naij.com/767499-n3bn-fraud-icpc-freezes-sure-p-directors-accounts-seizes-vehicles.html

http://pulse.ng/local/sure-p-ferma-staff-accuse-bode-george-of-n4-9bn-fraud-id4236695.html

Pickin wey u give two naira wey no use am waka well nai go fit manage ten naira? D result of d lil subsidy e was allowed to kp is right up dia, starring at us.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Emyogalanya: 5:54am On May 14, 2016
TedBaker:
only for those thinking outside their brains............ Like you!!!!!!!!!!
thank god i have outside brain for wider consultation
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by ADEBOSUN(m): 7:00am On May 14, 2016
Most manufacturers use AGO and not PMS. AGO has long been deregulated.

leksmedia:

Source: http://www.businessmopol.com/fuel-subsidy-removal-the-greatest-losers-and-winners/
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Lovechyld101(m): 8:51am On May 14, 2016
Now I have no issue against subsidy removal but what are the plans set in motion to cushion or counteract the effect of the increase to the masses this hardship is too much I kno longer sleep or think without see myself in one snow filled country.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Yunus2012(m): 9:32pm On May 16, 2016
[img]
manny4life:

And where exactly will the refinery get the crude to refine ?
[/img]

It is a well known fact that there are more refineries in regions of the world where there is no crude oil. May I ask you where they are getting their crude.

Even if he is to go to Russia to buy crude to refine, his output will still be cheaper than those looking for for ex to inport..

QED.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by leksmedia: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
This things need to be privatised
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by leksmedia: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
These things need to be privatised

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu's Throwback Photo In 1980s / How I Handle Betrayers – Tinubu / DSS Produces Godwin Emefiele In Court (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.