Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,233 members, 7,964,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:08 AM

Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) (20610 Views)

PHOTOS: Gov. Ambode Meets Council Of Obas / Saraki Meets The Screened Ambassadorial Nominees (photos) / PHOTOS: Governor Ambode Meets Executives Of Thomson Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by lollmaolol(m): 2:38pm On May 13, 2016
Eagul:

Ow did you know this

Do you ride okada?

Not me and you @Eagul
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Oke4orom(m): 2:46pm On May 13, 2016
nmreports:
I am wondering why a CEO would bow in such a way.
Is Ambode a traditional ruler?

It is a tradition for Asians to bow when greeting a business associate/ partner. For them, in their country it is an insult as a business partner if even when presenting your business card you do not present it with both hands while bowing. And the receiver too is expected to do same. Here they can tolerate it because it is not our culture and they are doing business in our land. But still that does not stop them from bowing to their partners. Normally Ambode should have given a bow too.
it has nothing to do with how rich you are or how influential you are. it is just their tradition.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by hahn(m): 2:50pm On May 13, 2016
ichommy:
The CEO Bow.

Olodo. He is Chinese tongue

You still dey this country so?
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Coolgent(m): 2:51pm On May 13, 2016
Keneking:
Yamaha motorcycle undecided

See that Japanese bow sef shocked

Where is the company located? What is the website? Where can one drop CV? How can one contact the local representative for wholesale? Can they produce diesel powered keke-marwa? Can they innovate fuel efficient automobiles? I mean 1 litre for 15KM drive in Lagos.

Anyway, I am listening to Celestine Ukwu's Osondu. Amazing song from the East.
ILitre for 15km
Thats too much, how about 1ltr for 5km.
Even my Honda civic can achieve 1ltr for 15km
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by bayinq25(m): 2:52pm On May 13, 2016
To encourage him by telling him his products will be patronized as the government would do their best inmaking sure there's no power.Weldone governor.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by bennymark(m): 2:55pm On May 13, 2016
It is called 'Humility'

nmreports:
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Stevoohlicent(m): 2:55pm On May 13, 2016
Speakdatruth:
see bribing by trick
u self see ham.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by silica(m): 2:57pm On May 13, 2016
Why is it that Ambode doesn't seem to focus on the person he is having a hand shake with? Is he avoiding eye contact or someone that is easily distracted?
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by chukxie(m): 2:59pm On May 13, 2016
nmreports:

It's a Japanese culture.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Odogwuskido(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2016
Keneking:

Where is the company located? What is the website? Where can one drop CV? How can one contact the local representative for wholesale? Can they produce diesel powered keke-marwa? Can they innovate fuel efficient automobiles? I mean 1 litre for 15KM drive in Lagos.

And you forgot to mention lalasticlala today
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by chukxie(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2016
hahn:

Chinese don't bow that way. Only the Japanese bow that way as a sign of respect and humility.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by seenter84: 3:04pm On May 13, 2016
Can they do gen that would use one litre for 12 hours? since fuel Is now expensive.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by wink2015(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2016
[size=15pt]What is governor Ifeanyi Okowa doing about this? Is it to sit down in government house Asaba and wait for federal allocation? Can't he travel to Japan and some of this countries in the far east like ( china, malaysia, singapore, indonesia, thailand, south korea, vietnam, etc ) to bring in the foreign investors.

Look at warri and asaba, no single biscuit factory or beverage manufacturing companies. The whole town is dried up without any companies to provide jobs.

This is not good enough. Our governor in the south south espcially core niger delta state like delta state, bayelsa state, rivers states must be proactive.

With the rich deposit of oil and gas, delta state can not boast of an independent power electricity company.

Everything is just eat and go. No investment on project that will change the lives of the people.
[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by tdayof(m): 3:09pm On May 13, 2016
nmreports:
Keneking:

Bowing (お辞儀 o-jigi?), is probably the feature of Japanese etiquette that is best known outside Japan (the o お is honorific but cannot be omitted for this word). Bowing is considered extremely important in Japan, so much so that, although children normally begin learning how to bow from a very young age, companies commonly provide training to their employees in how to execute bows correctly.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by factsdigger: 3:17pm On May 13, 2016
I heard they were yorubas before.
Donshemzy1234:
D Japanese man bowed like a cultured Yoruba man
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by NewNigeriaMind: 3:37pm On May 13, 2016
wink2015:
[size=15pt]What is governor Ifeanyi Okowa doing about this? Is it to sit down in government house Asaba and wait for federal allocation? Can't he travel to Japan and some of this countries in the far east like ( china, malaysia, singapore, indonesia, thailand, south korea, vietnam, etc ) to bring in the foreign investors.

Look at warri and asaba, no single biscuit factory or beverage manufacturing companies. The whole town is dried up without any companies to provide jobs.

This is not good enough. Our governor in the south south espcially core niger delta state like delta state, bayelsa state, rivers states must be proactive.

With the rich deposit of oil and gas, delta state can not boast of an independent power electricity company.

Everything is just eat and go. No investment on project that will change the lives of the people.
[/size]

You want them to come invest and after a while your people will begin to bomb their facilities asking for all sorts from community fee to village chief Christmas chicken fee.

LOL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by 100Cents: 3:51pm On May 13, 2016
Sleep don do me this afternoon.

See better threads wey i for contribution..
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by MrMcJay(m): 3:54pm On May 13, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
In LAgos is where Igbo people sold their birthright ...tell me what Yamaha, will be doing in Lagos if it were to be in the 1980s.....................................

It's ordinary Yamaha plant that is making you cry, In the 80s, Volkswagen was already in Ojo Alaba, Lagos. Hold your tears, when the LEkki FTZ comes into operation, you'll have a valid reason to enter the lagoon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by jantavanta(m): 4:10pm On May 13, 2016
Donshemzy1234:

Japanese originated from Nigeria. They bear some Yoruba names.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by oostin: 5:46pm On May 13, 2016
Yamaha Motors ke? Abeg any person wey don see Yamaha car before make him buzz me.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by ichommy(m): 6:13pm On May 13, 2016
hahn:

grin nah Japanese Olodo cheesy
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by ibedun: 8:27pm On May 13, 2016
wink2015:

[/size]

LOOK AT YOU?..........We are black people....foolish to the core!!
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by hahn(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2016
ichommy:

grin nah Japanese Olodo cheesy

All na Ching Chong grin
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Poison8: 11:52pm On May 13, 2016
Unpatrotic!
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by ichommy(m): 6:10am On May 14, 2016
hahn:

All na Ching Chong grin

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Opharhe: 6:21am On May 14, 2016
Donshemzy1234:
The Japanese is actually practising his culture. That's how they do it in Japan- greeting by bowing.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:27am On May 14, 2016
nmreports:
he's a good business man.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by hresso: 9:25am On May 14, 2016
He is fat
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Sirheny007(m): 11:57am On May 14, 2016
where one fit submit CV??....lol one day you will submit your cv to the devil hisself..
meanwhile enjoy your song....Chief celestine Ukwu of the Late seventies..

Keneking:

(1) (2) (Reply)

With Developments In Zamfara, Our Mandate Too Shall Be Reclaimed – Abba Yusuf / Happy 50Th Birthday to Governor Fashola / Nigeria Closer To Oil Find In Chad Basin – Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.