Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,090 members, 7,942,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem (729 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Free Window Vista Product Key / Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem by reimo(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2009
My window vista is having incompatality issues, so softwares don't work on my system, pls what is d way out, i need ur help. Thanks
Re: Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem by deji2009(m): 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2009
@reimo how were you ? ok , straight to business. How do you mean by incompatibility ?,because that a big word for us here so you need to explain further so we can narrow down the cause what type of software dont work and what happen when you try using it ? when does it last work? are you the only user of the machine, do you have any security sw on your system such as norton
Re: Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem by deji2009(m): 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2009
xp, vista or linux
Re: Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem by moonraker(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2009
what are the names of the software yur having problem with??
Re: Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem by Cactus(m): 3:26am On Aug 17, 2009
@poster

You are most likely using the 64bit version of Windows Vista. Sometimes the software you may want to use CANNOT work in the 64bit environment. This is most likely the isse you have. You can find alternatives to the software that are 64bit compatible or move to a 32bit Vista OS.

On your desktop or windows explorer, RIGHT CLICK on MY COMPUTER then click on PROPERTIES

read the line that says SYSTEM TYPE. If it says 64 BIT , that is your problem
Re: Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem by Seun(m): 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2009
Where will a Nigerian get the 64-bit version of Windows Vista?
Anyway, a 64-bit OS should be able to run 32-bit applications.
Re: Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2009
i have a vista ultimate 64 bit cd

u need a genuine key to install it. keys for 32 bit versions of vista ultimate will work, as i used its key to install 32bit vista ultimate
Re: Help Window Vista Is Giving Me Problem by Cactus(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2009
Seun:

Where will a Nigerian get the 64-bit version of Windows Vista? 
Anyway, a 64-bit OS should be able to run 32-bit applications.

Anybody can get a 64bit version of vista. Some computers come preinstalled with 64bit. It is available if you want to buy it.

A 32bit software running on a 64bit OS is not guaranteed to work. However, there is a compatibility mode in vista 64 just like the 32. Not applications written for 32 bit system will work on 64bit system

Kindly read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_editions#64-bit_versions

64-bit versions

To support 64-bit platforms such as Intel Xeon, Intel Core 2, AMD Opteron and AMD Athlon 64, Microsoft released 64-bit versions of every edition of Windows Vista except for the Starter edition. These editions can run 32-bit programs by running them within the WOW64 subsystem. Most 32-bit programs can run natively, though applications that rely on device drivers will not run unless those device drivers have been written for 64-bit Windows. Most older hardware doesn't have the necessary support to get the drivers written.[21][22][23]

Other applications may have difficulty as well. For example, the Visual Basic 6 IDE will run natively on 32-bit editions, but will not run at all on 64-bit editions.[24] Some application vendors will only provide full / premium product versions for 64-bit Vista and cut down versions for 32-bit Vista (e.g. Adobe Premier Elements is 32-bit and the full Adobe Premier is available for 64-bit Vista - with more capability but at a much higher price).

Various reviewers have reported that the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista outperform their 32-bit counterparts in synthetic benchmarks such as PassMark.[25][26][27] For example, in early testing of 64-bit support in Photoshop for Windows, overall performance gains ranged from 8% to 12%. Those who work with extremely large files may realize noticeably greater gains in performance, in some cases as dramatic as ten times the previous speed. This is because 64-bit applications can address larger amounts of memory and thus result in less file swapping — one of the biggest factors that can affect data processing speed.[28]

All 64-bit versions of Microsoft operating systems currently impose a 16 TB limit on address space. Processes created on the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista can have 8 TB in virtual memory for user processes and 8 TB for kernel processes to create a virtual memory of 16 TB.[29] In terms of physical memory Windows Vista 64-Bit Basic supports up to 8 GB of RAM, Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium supports up to 16 GB of RAM, and Windows Vista 64-Bit Business/Enterprise/Ultimate supports up to 128 GB of RAM.[8]

(1) (Reply)

Help:laptop Stop Booting After Halting / Help Me With This Key Problem / Laptop Sales And Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.