Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,136 members, 7,880,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:16 PM

South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN (47495 Views)

Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN / Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha / S’east Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Karm16: 7:36am On May 14, 2016
BIAFRANFLAG:

I'm currently millions of miles away from the ZOO called Nigeria.

Yes we know. You're on mars just like we know you own 100% of the buildings in those pictures lmao grin
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Karm16: 7:37am On May 14, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

is lagos now = yorubaland? Are you from lagos?

Is Enugu = Igboland? Are you from Enugu?
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 7:41am On May 14, 2016
Karm16:

Traveling around the globe to sell white powder is the dream of every igbo man. Getting to Lagos uncaught with the dirty money is their destiny.
Yorubas are around the world, dear. They don't need to sell powder, protest or make noise to live amongst their host.

LOL.. I smell jealousy. So because one Yoruba man is caught doing YAHOO Business, then I must brand all hardworking Yoruba boys hustling abroad as 419 boys.lol.

You see. That's the difference between your mentality and mine.

I have hardworking Yoruba guys in Pretoria with me and also drug dealers, same applies to Igbos in Kempton park, Johannesburg.

You need to elevate your level of consciousness. And judge accordingly.

6 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Karm16: 7:43am On May 14, 2016
BIAFRANFLAG:

LOL.. I smell jealousy. So because one Yoruba man is caught doing YAHOO Business, then I must brand all hardworking Yoruba boys hustling abroad as 419 boys.lol.

You see. That's the difference between your mentality and mine.

I have hardworking Yoruba guys in Pretoria with me and also drug dealers, same applies to Igbos in Kempton park, Johannesburg.

You need to elevate your level of consciousness. And judge accordingly.

Hardworking Yoruba guys are everywhere. Tell me something new.
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Karm16: 7:44am On May 14, 2016
Anyway, apparently, this convo aint going anywhere and I'm not that bored enough to go back and forth with a flathe.ad right now. Holla at me in a few hours.
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 7:44am On May 14, 2016
Karm16:

Yes we know. You're on mars just like we know you own 100% of the buildings in those pictures lmao grin

Lol... I should have known that I'm debating with MR. Ibu.

I'm not living in mars.

My advice for you is that never you think that your father's house is the most beautiful when you've not travel and see others.

I'm sure those who live in London can swear with their lives that London is more beautiful than Cape Town

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Krismart(m): 7:46am On May 14, 2016
That's why they unleashed the herdsmen to the south to make the area look unsafe too. FEAR NORTH

1 Like

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Leiman100(m): 7:46am On May 14, 2016
This is true, but it change from time to time. North east used to be the safest before the advent of boko haram

1 Like

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Nobody: 7:46am On May 14, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I am highly disappointment at people from a section of the country in this thread.
So filled with hatred, bitterness and envy.
TUFIAKWA, God Forbid.
d more reason we igbo need 2 leave dis country full of hate

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Masterclass32: 8:19am On May 14, 2016
My brothers, I honestly think we should stop indulging Yorubas in this d!ck measuring contest. They always want to compare - like this thread and most other threads. This comparison is not necessary. We know where we are going.

God bless the Igbos.
God bless SS.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Nobody: 8:36am On May 14, 2016
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by olaitoro(m): 8:44am On May 14, 2016
Karm16:
Anyway, apparently, this convo aint going anywhere and I'm not that bored enough to go back and forth with a flathe.ad right now. Holla at me in a few hours.

conehead come back here.

5 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Generalyemi(m): 8:55am On May 14, 2016
YorubaHighness:

lol look at this clown. Ogun state has more industries than Anambra/Aba put together. I'm talking industries, not 2x2 pet shops.
Like I said, you debate with termites, they match your 1 digit IQ.

Ogun is OK more than anambra n IMO and so wat..e pain u.
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by hresso: 9:28am On May 14, 2016
Igbo kwenu!

Tell them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by proeast(m): 9:34am On May 14, 2016
Absolute truth, SE is definitely the safest zone in Nigeria today. I have been living in Owerri for some-time now & I cant remember when last there was a voilent robbery incident, even kidnapping is very rare, I can walk the streets of New Owerri as late as 12 midnight without any atom of fear. Igboland is just unfortunate to find itself in Nigeria, Igbos are too liberal & progressive to be in Nigeria, they would have made an excellent country if they are to be on their own!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Bollinger(m): 9:59am On May 14, 2016
ariesbull:

Define contaminants ...pls

What is it to contaminate?

1 Like

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by proeast(m): 10:12am On May 14, 2016
playtheblues:
Safer than Akwa Ibom and Cross River States?
Do you know that if this were to be an exam you would have failed woefully? The UN report mentioned regions & not states! The last time I checked, Akwa Ibom & Cross River are states within the SS region that comprised other unsafe states like Bayelsa, Rivers & Delta!!

1 Like

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Ilovemystate: 10:15am On May 14, 2016
Generalyemi:

My friend Ogun is backward.

Pic 1 Abeokuta capital of Ogun

Pic 2 Awka capital of Anambra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Ngozi123(f): 10:21am On May 14, 2016
Memejem:
Why must everything be a competition. You think the south east or northeast or north west doesn't have developed areas like this. Every state in nigeria has areas that are developed for those who can afford it.

Stop this nonsense. When something positive is repeated about an area of nigeria that you are not from, it does not mean you should come and start trying to showoff or argue that your area is also good or even better.

It doesn't have to resort to that. Just acknowledge it and move on. The report is not insulting anyone, it is facts based.

I'm tired of people like you. Always wanting to incite negativity

She needs to be banned. I can't believe that the mods haven't hidden her posts in this thread at the very least.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Ilovemystate: 10:26am On May 14, 2016
Generalyemi:

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2016 FINANCIAL REPORT

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

From report bank deposit/ of both states 2010-2015

Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Bank deposit in Ogun state #1'204'873.59
bank credit # 558'073.3
balance # 649'800.29

1 Like

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by henryhemon(m): 10:27am On May 14, 2016
Generalyemi:

which truth...abeg make we divide joor.forget the truth,we have been hearing it since the days of lord luggard,still no change,no love between us.nigga,u hate us,we hate u.

Now you didn't see the path he said their own people developed their area and what did our people always do? Milk us dry,aside the last 2 governors of anambra state and sulivan chime in the southeast,what has others done?what have our business men,senators,ministers done....Now that's the reality. Let me Give you a simple one....You go to church and you 're walking down after service and you did see an empty vehicle whine up and brush past you.....But go to the north just one rich dude can feed as many as he can.
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Ojiofor: 10:59am On May 14, 2016
YorubaHighness:

Lmaooo. Even your people plenty for Oyo and Ogun state grin Keep lying to yourself, but I'm not here to argue, so swerve. wink
Boy,we plenty everywhere!
There are more Igbos in Cameroon than what you have in SW.#Fact!

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by popizaino(m): 11:05am On May 14, 2016
arresa:

The problem with you people is living too much on sentiments instead of facts, strategies and basic human realities. Many of you know little or nothing about your own history and Nigeria's history hence coming up with bogus and irrelevant argument.

Your failed leaders are fond of pointing fingers and blaming other people for their incompetence and lack of care for their own people.

I really need to school you people with facts and honest realities.

FG's presence in Lagos was limited to Lagos Island and the only FG projects in Lagos state was the airport which they have in the east too, bad and horrible un maintained FG roads, eko bridge, 3rd mainland bridge and old and neglected FG secretariat.

There is nothing like lopsided FG development anywhere and every corner of Nigeria is a victim of the same FG neglect and decay, Lagos is just lucky simply because of colonization, Awolowo and credible, skillful and competent subsequent leaders from Mobolaji Johnson to Jakande, Tinubu, Fashola and now Ambode.

Lagos was already developed before Nigeria became a country.

Let's go back to before independence and during the regional governments when the north, southeast and SW started on the same level playing field and also when all the regions controlled their own destiny and before the civil war.

The North had groundnut, the SE had coal and what I don't know and the SW had cocoa and rubber The premiers of all the regions were responsible for developing and progressing their respective regions via whatever administrative skills and intelligence at their disposal.

Lagos is an industrial state not because if any FG action since all the industries and industrial estates responsible for our major industrial out put today from Ijeka industrial, to matori, mushi, ilupeju and apapa industrial estates ware built by the old western region under Awolowo before Nigeria became a country so exactly what's FG got to do with Lagos state.

Lagos state is reaping from what Awolowo and the old western region planted before independence and before Nigeria as a country.

We know apart from the industrial estates, he created Oodua group of companies that;s still thriving today with major companies and hotels

Now, can you please tell us what Zik planted for you in the SE to reap from? Nothing

FG left Lagos state decades so what again is Lagos state's business with the FG? Is the FG giving Lagos state any free ride or free derivations or special status money? No

Lagos is thriving because of good and competent leaders and managers, not because of any FG investments.

Lagos make money from IGR and loans which they spend on infrastructures and government services, they scout for investments from all over the world relentlessly and they get great results.

Even other states in SW are following Lagos state with the same economic plan, we saw Ogun yesterday with their major economic summit

How many investments summits have any state in the SE organized?

What are the leader in SE doing economically to develop that region? Nothing.

The average SE leader and people in the SE have a FG is the father and mother mentality, they depend on the government for everything and they blame the same FG government for their incompetence and inability to develop their region.

You wan't airport, you blame FG, you want road, you blame FG, you want bridge, you blame FG.

But Ogun want bridge, they build it, ekiti want airport, they build their own, Osun want airport, they build their own, Yola want airport, they build their own si why can you not do anything on your own?

Only the SE sit on their hands, cry, yell and blame other people and the FG for everything.

If you can not do anything for yourself now, how exactly are you going to do anything with your biafra?

You can beat your chest all you want, but we know the truth, we know your capacity and we know what happen and how you did not achieve anything during regional administration when we all controlled our destiny..

ma binu area.
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 11:28am On May 14, 2016
Ilovemystate:

since you have not been to east I want you to open these threads from page one to their last, this is just few pics major cities Anambra, try and tour east to cure your ignorance

https://www.nairaland.com/3027070/onitsha-one-biggest-river-port

https://www.nairaland.com/3061689/anambra-seat-political-power-awka

https://www.nairaland.com/2467760/nnewi-nigerias-detroit-birthplace-automotive/1

i.diot! Am in onitsha right now, and i have been to owerri & enugu countless of time.

Please what's in those town to marvel about?

Just tell me 1

You lots claim to have everything, but in reality, its the opp. Lol

Chestbeaters
Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by osita76(m): 12:29pm On May 14, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by osita76(m): 12:34pm On May 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by osita76(m): 12:39pm On May 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by osita76(m): 12:54pm On May 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by osita76(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by osita76(m): 1:04pm On May 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by osita76(m): 1:11pm On May 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 14, 2016
YorubaHighness:

It's okay to continue beating your chest.
Had Yorubaland had its own Republic, we'd have achieved MORE greatness. We turned Lagos to a Megacity and we're currently replicating the same blue print in Ogun and Akure. In Yorubaland alone, we've monopolized the industry hub and technology hub, now we shall do the same with agriculture in Oyo.
We created a community that makes other Nigerians want to live amongst us and practice our culture.

It is great to be Yoruba! We're destined for greatness.

Brother there is no chest beating here only speaking the truth which I know can hurt. The point is not to dispute the strides the south west is making presently at Lagos or other western states. This is actually over 20 years late. But be aware that states in the south east are not left out in this regard. However the argument is about the opportunities you have had with your northern counterparts since end of the war which was denied other parts of Nigeria so you and the north will have an edge. The reality is that you have not faired better than those you struggled to hold down. You actually held development of the entire country as a result. Nigeria would be in a far better place if governance during the past decades was based on equity and justice for all people. Were it so the feats you have so glowingly summarised would have occurred over 20 years ago with the south east taking the lead naturally. This leadership position which you and the north fought assiduously to deny Igbo's in Nigeria is the reason for our backwardness and also explains why you can shamelessly post with pride the so called giant strides in the south west.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko Receives Certificate Of Return As Senator / Femi Fani-kayode Meets Jonathan In Abuja (Photos) / Don’t Touch Peter Obi, Datti Baba-ahmed, HURIWA Warns DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.