Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,328 members, 7,943,816 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:04 AM

Fasting, Sex And Love Making. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting, Sex And Love Making. (737 Views)

“Anal Sex And MouthAction Are Sins Against God” – Nigerian Lady. See Reactions / Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage / Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting, Sex And Love Making. by bummyla(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2016
Fasting, Sex And Love Making.
I just got this text!
Dear Emeka,

Please I want to ask you this, is it good to fast after having sex with your spouse?
Thank You!

My Reply!
Sex or love making is energy sapping; one needs to recover from such intimacy before embarking on such spiritual exercise as fasting.

You must have a mutual agreement with your husband or wife, concerning the fast.

Fasting is not only abstaining from food and drink for a while. It also includes abstaining from every pleasure like sex for the given period.

First discuss with your spouse, if you just had sex, start the next day.
Also read 1 Corinthians 7:1-5, most especially verse 5.

1 Corinthians 7:1-5 King James Version (KJV)

7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
https://bummyla.com/2016/05/13/fasting-sex-and-love-making/
Re: Fasting, Sex And Love Making. by talk2alabama: 6:54pm On May 13, 2016
I can't fast from sex in marriage.

Thank u. cool
Re: Fasting, Sex And Love Making. by Adekorya: 7:18pm On May 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Fasting, Sex And Love Making. by ajoo17(m): 1:44am On May 14, 2016
The period of fasting is when you need to abstain from sex. As we know, most time fasting does not take the whole day, then, the moment you break your fast, you are free to have sex. For instance, if you are fasting from 6am to 6pm, you can have sex before or after. It is only the time covered by fasting that you need to abstain. That is the reason why the bible is talking about agreeing with your spouse that the period maybe free.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/05/16 / Divine Deciet: A Tool For The Commercialization Of Christianity / A Critical And Logical Response To Modern Atheism (A Jewish Perspective)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.