Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,465 members, 7,923,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 12:26 PM

Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday (42542 Views)

NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price / NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by SHAIBULIAR: 11:42am On May 14, 2016
God punish you all

#istandwithbuhari tongue tongue tongue

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by SHAIBULIAR: 11:43am On May 14, 2016
pachman:
I have exam thursday and friday.. Hope it wont affect.. Those are my last two papers!!
instead make you dey happy say you no go write the exam again till May 2017

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Taiwo20(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2016
If them wan strike make them strike.....I just pray it starts on monday and ends on friday...
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Capernaum(m): 11:49am On May 14, 2016
Masterpiece.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by kachola: 11:55am On May 14, 2016
Taiwo20:
If them wan strike make them strike.....I just pray it starts on monday and ends on friday...
This one no wan go work lolz
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Taiwo20(m): 12:05pm On May 14, 2016
kachola:
This one no wan go work lolz

I wan minimize my spending this week
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Almonda: 12:07pm On May 14, 2016
Owamudia:
Nonsense!
PMB will not and must not give in!!
Subsidy must go forever!!!

You don de kray... Let them recheck the pricing template
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by omonla555: 12:11pm On May 14, 2016
I refuse to join the strike
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by micrep3030(m): 12:16pm On May 14, 2016
Owamudia:
Nonsense!

Eeya I know you are saying all these because you have enough to buy all these things GOD will judge you
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by CioAngels(f): 12:19pm On May 14, 2016
They are not to be trusted becos they callout for strike while they go to abuja to collect brown envelope and price is reduced to 130#. The union members are smart, using masses to make money for themselves. Please, let all be wise.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Esperooke(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2016
Nonsense! #Istandwithbuhari. No going back on deregulation
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by coolviv: 12:30pm On May 14, 2016
Abeg make dem wait make person collect salary, buy food for house o.. grin
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by pablitho: 12:34pm On May 14, 2016
Owamudia:
Nonsense!
...It should go but the price should be looked into...subsidy was about 13 naira per litre...adding that to #99..even if there are other charges it shouldn't shoot up to 145.... I think 120 would be fair
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by eamonskin: 12:44pm On May 14, 2016
NLC wants to seriously take us down dis road again.we all knw hw tins will playout,they shutdown d economy for 1/2weeks tops then they agree to leave d price at N100 per litre
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by alatbaba1(m): 12:55pm On May 14, 2016
Ijaya123:

You have very valid points. But my question is when will all those amenities be in place before fuel subsidy can be removed?

And where is the money to continue paying fuel subsidy come from, in case you don't know that the country is broke?

You don have to do all because of low budget. But let's assume I'm president or I have the opportunity to advice the president. I will beg him to fix our power problem. When we have good electricity you will know Nigerians are productive, Nigerians are not lazy people. Nigeria will be investment destination, Nigeria will know a lot of peace. Kidnapping will stop, oil bunkers will stop, bombing will stop. Nigeria will be giant of Africa that it was

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Ate247(m): 12:55pm On May 14, 2016
TopsyKrete:
Ok, is it only #86.50 they want it revert to or #65 per litre?

Stewpid fools nlc n allies.

In another news, Lier Muhammed just lied that subsidy removal will create 200000 jobs. Pls help me ask am for where?
lol. 4rm black market. cus day man talks b4 he thinks
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Ijaya123: 12:58pm On May 14, 2016
alatbaba1:

You don have to do all because of low budget. But let's assume I'm president or I have the opportunity to advice the president. I will beg him to fix our power problem. When we have good electricity you will know Nigerians are productive, Nigerians are not lazy people. Nigeria will be investment destination, Nigeria will know a lot of peace. Kidnapping will stop, oil bunkers will stop, bombing will stop. Nigeria will be giant of Africa that it was

You mean while fixing power problem, which cannot be achieved in the next four years, every other amenities like roads, housing, etc should be put on hold?
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by usbcable(m): 1:05pm On May 14, 2016
Coolcash1:
NLC is such a clown. Why is that it is only when there is increase in pump price they threaten to protest and go on strike. They are MAD! Is that the only thing they are supposing to be doing?

What about casualisation of Nigerian graduates by employers of labour, wrongful termination of employment and maltreatment of workers by foreigners, non availability and high price of kerosene, non payment of workers salary by state governors, jumbo salary package by lawmakers amongst others. All these they suppose to be fighting and stand against but they see them as not important. Perhaps may be there is no egunje for them doing such.

As for me, i cannot and will not be cajoled and fooled by their antics. I am wiser now.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by pomporiking: 1:08pm On May 14, 2016
Nlc need to explain who subsidy don epp??fools,shouldn't this be the time to fight for minimum wage increase
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by smirn(m): 1:28pm On May 14, 2016
peteken:
wot goes around comes around.....and no body get away by d consequences of he's actions.... u can not all of a sudden clam ignorant of subsidy jux because u want to sabotage ur predecessor government.... i cant wait for dis #OCCUPYNIGERIA..mheeeen dat Wednday too far ooooh....
When the refineries are not working they did not protest for it to work. No issue let Government listen to them, bring back subsidy and forget about their demand for minimum wage increase. Fuel should revert to N86/litre and minimum wage should remain at N18,000, simple. The budget need to be reappropriated to give room for subsidy payment, capital expenditure should be dropped from 30% to 9% of the total budget. Useless Labour Union.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by alatbaba1(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2016
Ijaya123:

You mean while fixing power problem, which cannot be achieved in the next four years, every other amenities like roads, housing, etc should be put on hold?

I can say yes they should stop. Did u say Housing? How many ppl benefit from the housing scheme? Your present house was constructed by the govt? Even d health sector is nothing to write abt. Cos treatment is nt free.

Do u know that abt 30% of the fuel used daily are for power generation by individual to run their various generators. A lot o company has fold up cos of expensive running cost. I say give Nigerians Electricity and see miracles.

But all I knw is d govt is aware of these but some importer of generator will never allow dis to happen.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:34pm On May 14, 2016
Freegift75:
There is nothing like #occupyNigeria#. It is general Strike - said NLC. But this is just a mere gra-gra, no joke of the season.

Before that slated wednesday, there would have been penetration from all angles. Watchout, Strike will never hold - quote me
I agree with you. This strike won't take place. Generally speaking, support for the supposed strike is low. After they sold out during #OccupyNigeria, I have absolutely no faith in the NLC any longer.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by MOJJ(f): 1:34pm On May 14, 2016
Can NLC leaders think for once your demand n negotiate than this strike issue.,
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 14, 2016
vandirous:
hmm I just dey laugh in swahili grin, if am not mistaken during oga jona tym, we just woke up with the nationwide strike without giving ultimatum, but y is dis one different

Me too, I join you dey laugh that laugh oooo, Naa Burundi you dey? I beg make you no vex for my question oooo!!!
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Lukgaf(m): 1:59pm On May 14, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Complete shutdown of the country.
kiss
cktheluckyman:

Complete shutdown of the country.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by acada111(f): 2:29pm On May 14, 2016
TopsyKrete:
Ok, is it only #86.50 they want it revert to or #65 per litre?

Stewpid fools nlc n allies.

In another news, Lier Muhammed just lied that subsidy removal will create 200000 jobs. Pls help me ask am for where?

Na wa sha

cheesy
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by francisbiz: 2:31pm On May 14, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Rubbish. They will only raise our hopes, cause us to starve and then collect egunje, and put the price at 110naira. After which they will demand an applause. But as long as it troubles this APc govt, then carry on
I just wonder where Gov. Oshiomole got the the money he used to campaign and contest for Edo state Gubernatorial race.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Kassidy90(m): 2:46pm On May 14, 2016
NLC should shut d bleeped up..all they know is to raise our hope, make ua starve at d end they will collect their normal share while everything remain status quo ..we've lost hope in them.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by rottenegg: 2:58pm On May 14, 2016
It will never hold...they have been cornered and given our devalued naira in bags! This is just a show for all to see that they tried.
Useless NLC...they should strike to increase minimum wage to N150,000k
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by kzeebaba: 3:30pm On May 14, 2016
Continue deceiving your self, well if you are still in doubt we can bet oooo. Transportation now is double the price and salary still remain the same and u still dey think strike will not take place.
Freegift75:
There is nothing like #occupyNigeria#. It is general Strike - said NLC. But this is just a mere gra-gra, no joke of the season.

Before that slated wednesday, there would have been penetration from all angles. Watchout, Strike will never hold - quote me
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Eastcoast33(m): 3:35pm On May 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

No u are wrong with time when dangote refineries starts working, they the marketers will start to think of how to refine crude oil here.... Most people will apply vertical integration to win customers ( build a small refineries that will be sold at my filling station) dangote may even have to buy filling stations to sale his product
That's the long run, say in 3 to 7 years time

But before then we must endure

Why do u think upon the dollar increase data price is falling? ?
Dear Lord!, 3 to 7 years!
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by BiafranAmerican: 3:42pm On May 14, 2016
Strike ke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Murtala Muhammed Airport (Photos) / PDP crisis : PDP G5 Sheaths Sword, Makes New Demands / Troops Destroy Massive Illegal Refinery In Delta State (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.