Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,716 members, 7,951,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

Sexuality Issues And Concerns - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sexuality Issues And Concerns (482 Views)

Health Issues And Remedy / How To Resolve Family Issues And Bring Back Happiness / The Is A Must Read Article That Concerns Both Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sexuality Issues And Concerns by PastorEdward(m): 1:24am On May 14, 2016
Sexuality should be viewed as something beautiful between a married man and woman and regarded without feelings of shame or guilt. When we feel guilty or shameful for something we did sexually that means we are doing something wrong and against our moral conscience. The lax views and attitudes of our young people today about sexuality has become extremely unsafe and hazardous to their own sexuality, especially since the arrival of HIV and AIDS in our society. Having a laissez-faire attitude towards our sexuality has contributed to numerous issues and problems within our society that have damaged the sanctity of family and marriage.

[b]LOVE VS. LUST
[/b]

LOVE is kind = considerate, caring, giving, thoughtful, understanding

Lust is envy = jealous, greed, spite, resentment,

LOVE is not proud = humble, submissive, meek, modest

Lust is self-seeking = selfish, rebellious, rude, egotistical, hateful,

LOVE rejoices in the truth = God is love, Love is God = Wisdom, Holy Spirit,

Lust delights in evil = Satan, sin, wicked, iniquitous, immoral, and dishonest

Sexual immorality is a temptation we all must face on a daily basis. God doesn’t forbid sexual sins just to be difficult. God knows its power to destroy people’s lives physically and spiritually. God wants to protect us from damaging ourselves with immoral sexual desires. Sex outside of the marriage relationship always hurts someone. It hurts God because it shows that we care more about our own lustful desires than Him.
Paul said in Corinthians, “Do you not know that your body is the a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price (Jesus Christ death freed us from sin). Therefore, honor God with your body” 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20

Many people believe they have the right to do whatever they want with their own bodies. And they think this is freedom, but really, they are enslaved to their own lustful and sinful desires – they are in bondage and a slave to their own lustful desires and this is a negative and destructive way to view sexuality.

The world has been given moral principles for very good reasons - biblical principles are our stepping-stones towards eternal life with God. When we have a healthy attitude about our sexuality and when we learn to respect others and their bodies we can be free to actually love others wholly and completely without sexual temptations getting in the way. God created all the principles we need to live healthy, productive, sexually pure lives right here on earth.
We must teach our youth about sexual abstinence until marriage and the purity of marriage.

I am Pastor Edward Freedom. I love you all.

(1) (Reply)

I Catch A Young Bully Beating My Child, What Should I Do? / Question For The Day,for Nairalanders / Preparing For Marraige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.