Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,887 members, 7,973,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 06:53 AM

UK To Train 1,000 Nigerian Military Personnel To Help Fight Against Boko Haram - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / UK To Train 1,000 Nigerian Military Personnel To Help Fight Against Boko Haram (527 Views)

Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / Written For The Nigerian Soldiers Who Fell In The Fight Against Boko Haram / Switzerland Denies Funding Fight Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK To Train 1,000 Nigerian Military Personnel To Help Fight Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 14, 2016
The Foreign Secretary of United Kingdom, Philip Hammond, has pledged to give Nigeria £40m which will be spread over four years to help the fight against Boko Haram and also praised President Buhari's “strong leadership” despite David Cameron describing Nigeria as “fantastically corrupt” which Buhari accepted.

Philip Hammond also announced the UK would train almost 1,000 Nigerian military personnel for deployment in counter-insurgency operations.

His promises came as he arrived in Abuja, Nigeria for the Regional Security Summit.

His words; "President Buhari has shown strong leadership in the fight against Boko Haram, a brutal organisation that has raped, murdered and kidnapped innocent civilians and forced over two million people to flee their homes,".

"Their allegiance to, and potential coordination with Daesh (IS), is a reminder of the threat they present to the region and to British interests."

Source: http://www.ngread.com/uk-to-train-1000-nigerian-military-personnel-and-give-40m-to-nigeria-to-help-fight-boko-haram/
Re: UK To Train 1,000 Nigerian Military Personnel To Help Fight Against Boko Haram by alatbaba1(m): 5:40pm On May 14, 2016
Easy to say than done.
Re: UK To Train 1,000 Nigerian Military Personnel To Help Fight Against Boko Haram by donvicky2007: 5:42pm On May 14, 2016
Na now UK wake up abi, when we needed aid they refuse, now our gallant army has dislodge BH boys , they want to train our boys, UK don't worry na our Army go train urs on gorilla warfare.
Re: UK To Train 1,000 Nigerian Military Personnel To Help Fight Against Boko Haram by Kondomatic(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2016
Which Bokoharam?
Re: UK To Train 1,000 Nigerian Military Personnel To Help Fight Against Boko Haram by tsephanyah(f): 6:04pm On May 14, 2016
I hope so.... Not to use them against oil haram

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Delete A Topic I Created On Nairaland?? / Smoant Modula RTA Tank 6ml-a Real Vapor Beast Gear! / I Need Help On How To Unlock My Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.