Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,026 members, 7,933,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:20 AM

Breastfeeding... A Key To A Better Tomorrow - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breastfeeding... A Key To A Better Tomorrow (383 Views)

Woman Injured In Taraba Explosion Breastfeeding Her Baby (Photo) / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time / Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breastfeeding... A Key To A Better Tomorrow by phunminiyi(m): 8:12pm On May 14, 2016
Experts believe that only 17% of Nigerian babies are
exclusively breastfed. While many mothers breastfeed
their children, most also give their infants other liquids. This has led to the increased rate of infant malnutrition and consequently increased rate of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Many mothers have been the major cause of their infants' death as result of their my-breast-must-not-sag notion and their ignorance of breastfeeding as major determinant of infants health and survival.
Fathers are also to be blamed because of their i-don't-care attitude and lack of support for their partners during. It's true you can't breastfeed your babies, but there are many things you can do to support your partners.
Now is the time for measure to be taken to save our future generation. Breastfeeding is the key. Nothing can adequately substitute for breast milk as the ideal food of infant. Breast milk is not not expensive because you don't have to buy it. It does not require any preparation. There is no need for measurement or mixing. It contains all nutrients, and hormones needed for infants growth and development. Breast milk also contains antibodies that can protect the infant against infections.
Breastfeeding is also beneficial for mothers. It can prevent ovarian cancer, it enhances the contraction of the uterus and reduces bleeding. Breastfeeding can also serve as a natural child spacing technique.
The future of our infants is in our hands. Let's us stand up for breastfeeding. You have in you an adequate of what is needed to make your infant grow healthy. Don't say you were not told
# Action for the Promotion of Breastfeeding in Nigeria (APBIN)
#Nutrition Dynasty
#Ecstasy consult
Re: Breastfeeding... A Key To A Better Tomorrow by chikel2000(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2016
Breast feeding? Me self n my children go breast feed well well o
Re: Breastfeeding... A Key To A Better Tomorrow by phunminiyi(m): 9:20pm On May 14, 2016
chikel2000:
Breast feeding? Me self n my children go breast feed well well o
All the best in the process

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Mass - Amazing Results In Muscle And Abs Development / The Defects Of Self Medication / Muhammad Ali Dies At Age 74

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.