Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,982 members, 7,966,655 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:02 PM

Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO (2307 Views)

Fadeyi: Violence Breaks Out In Lagos Over NLC Strike (photo) / Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike / No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by engrfaruq(m): 8:14am On May 15, 2016
NLC HAS GIVEN THE FG A DEADLINE OF 18/05/16 TO REVERSE ITS DECISION ON FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL OR ELSE THEY WILL SHUT DOWN THE COUNTRY.

ITS A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT NLC ALWAYS EMBARK ON AN INDUSTRIAL ACTION AS IF THEY ARE SERIOUS, ONLY FOR THEM TO CALL OFF THE ACTION AFTER DINING/WINING WITH THE EXECUTIVE... BY THEN SOULS MIGHT HAVE BEEN LOST DURING THE ACTION.

ARE YOU JOINING THE STRIKE/PROTEST THIS TIME AROUND? YES OR NO WITH REASONS
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by talktonase(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by Nobody: 8:37am On May 15, 2016
no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by naijagobetter(m): 8:58am On May 15, 2016
NOOOOO!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by allthingsgood: 9:00am On May 15, 2016
Mba...NO!!!!

1 Like

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by orisa37: 9:22am On May 15, 2016
Your question is vague. Is NLC protesting against or for subsidies removal?

1 Like

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by ckmayoca: 9:33am On May 15, 2016
I will join by not going to work but staying in my house.
That's saves me 10ltrs per day.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by rottennaija(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2016
No... I'll be preparing for my exams

Besides, subsidy has to go. Let there be competition in the downstream sector

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by Onyocha: 9:51am On May 15, 2016
*please read to the end or just read last paragraph*

There should be no strike please.

NLC is acting like a spoilt brat. Their headache is because they were not consulted.

Subsidy has been a problem. So let it be removed completely and let us have a change and try something new.

With the Chinese currency swap agreement coming into operation in July, the price of fuel can go down thanks to competition.

It's difficult times for Nigerians, no doubt. And I would've preferred they remove subsidy after building refineries and the hardship in the economy is less. But they have removed. So what do you want to strike for? And removing it is the right thing to do now or later.

Calling for strike will only lead to adding more suffering. It's not a cure to the problem. Or at best it's like chemotherapy. The effect is adverse. And there's possibility for breakdown of law and order and people risking their lives. So please NLC should not bother this time.

However my advice to government should be considered. What I would suggest the government do is to tell filling stations to have two pump prices. Private/company vehicles should pay 145 Naira. While public/transport vehicles should pay 97 Naira. This will prevent the poor from suffering and prices of commodities skyrocketing. Don't subsidize the rich. A thorough investigation or research will allow the government know the percentage of private vehicles in Nigeria and what percentage of subsidy to pay fuel marketers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by otokx(m): 9:51am On May 15, 2016
No
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by dipo1234: 10:37am On May 15, 2016
Yes

1 Like

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by dipo1234: 10:39am On May 15, 2016
Yes, the govt is insensitive to the plight of the masses

2 Likes

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by 7lives: 10:42am On May 15, 2016
NO
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by femmy2010(m): 10:53am On May 15, 2016
NO
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by wiseguy(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2016
CAPITAL NO!!! MBA! WAWA! AJU M!

1 Like

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by biijei(m): 11:40am On May 15, 2016
However my advice to government should be considered. What I would suggest the government do is to tell filling stations to have two pump prices. Private/company vehicles should pay 145 Naira. While public/transport vehicles should pay 97 Naira. This will prevent the poor from suffering and prices of commodities skyrocketing. Don't subsidize the rich. A thorough investigation or research will allow the government know the percentage of private vehicles in Nigeria and what percentage of subsidy to pay fuel marketers. [/quote]

ds is just a rilly wrong suggestion to give!! Wah makes yu tink all prvt car owners r rich?

Smtn lyk dis will be even worse for d economy, a lot of pple'll abandon dier prv vehicles nd strt boardn commercial, den d purpose of subsidy removal will be almst cmpletly defeated cos d greater population of fuel buyers will be peeps of commercial vehicles. *ds is just 1 possible scenario, dere culd be worse ones

2 Likes

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by BeardedMeat(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2016
NOPE!!! I will rather suffer and smile than have the despotic buhary order soldiers to open fire on unarmed protesters! We did it in the past cos we knew they would be no consequencies but now that we have an insentitive and blood thirsty fulani in power...

1 Like

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by successmatters(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2016
No, northern army officers will be waiting to shoot Igbos calling them Ipob protesters. grin

3 Likes

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by crackhouse(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2016
for wetin nah? na today?. as if the protest will change anything. Capital NO
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by successmatters(m): 11:45am On May 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
NOPE!!! I will rather suffer and smile than have the despotic buhary order soldiers to open fire on unarmed protesters! We did it in the past cos we knew they would be no consequencies but now that we have an insentitive and blood thirsty fulani in power...

Better protest in the north and west, those waiting to reduce igbo population are waiting with bullets to shoot them and claim it is an IPOB March.

1 Like

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by BMZK: 11:47am On May 15, 2016
NO NO NO NO NO...........................................................................................................................NO
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by successmatters(m): 11:47am On May 15, 2016
wiseguy:
CAPITAL NO!!! MBA! WAWA! AJU M!

You are wise, make the sadists no use you for target practice cheesy
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by haywire07(m): 11:48am On May 15, 2016
Unless I wan go do live recording undecided
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by maimalari: 11:49am On May 15, 2016
Nope. NLC as usual is looking for settlement. Mcheew
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2016
No.

With time, the pain will be over. Why cant I bear it if I could endure partial removal of subsidy for four years, scarcity for six months and hiked price between Feb-May? Subsidy should just go. . .it is waste and pipe-drain off our commonwealth.

NLC and TUC should better go and sit down. Nigerians are not moved with their strike that have yielded no tangible result at any point in time. Strike will only make things hard for people. Business people will have their transaction grounded, there would be no room for profit. Those who work to survive on daily basis will not have the opportunity and we have to run their stomach empty for days. Strike would make nothing works as people will be hounded into more pains. We are suffering and Labour should not infringe more pains on the masses.

They should rather call for the increment of their salary, welfare and allowances. Also, state government should pay immediately for their backlogs. I think this would make more sense than subsidy strike as everyone including the masses will benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by omenka(m): 11:59am On May 15, 2016
...And the Nays have it!!
#slams the gavel hard on the desk. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by masseratti: 12:05pm On May 15, 2016
No,Nlc execs knows that the strike is not popular, after the betrayal of 2012 and factions in their ranks,this strike will be difficult to pull off,any Nlc men locking any gate should be arrested.
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 15, 2016
Onyocha:
*please read to the end or just read last paragraph*

There should be no strike please.

NLC is acting like a spoilt brat. Their headache is because they were not consulted.

Subsidy has been a problem. So let it be removed completely and let us have a change and try something new.

With the Chinese currency swap agreement coming into operation in July, the price of fuel can go down thanks to competition.

It's difficult times for Nigerians, no doubt. And I would've preferred they remove subsidy after building refineries and the hardship in the economy is less. But they have removed. So what do you want to strike for? And removing it is the right thing to do now or later.

Calling for strike will only lead to adding more suffering. It's not a cure to the problem. Or at best it's like chemotherapy. The effect is adverse. And there's possibility for breakdown of law and order and people risking their lives. So please NLC should not bother this time.

However my advice to government should be considered. What I would suggest the government do is to tell filling stations to have two pump prices. Private/company vehicles should pay 145 Naira. While public/transport vehicles should pay 97 Naira. This will prevent the poor from suffering and prices of commodities skyrocketing. Don't subsidize the rich. A thorough investigation or research will allow the government know the percentage of private vehicles in Nigeria and what percentage of subsidy to pay fuel marketers. [/b]

... And you think the spiral effect won't hit the public?

If cost of production increases it won't be factored back into the product cost consumed by the public?

Can the public be isolated from consumer goods produced by companies?
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 15, 2016
NLC are on their own this time around..... cos this is the first time we are practising genuine democratic Government in Nigeria. The present Government is not starving us with information, facts and figures!
NLC Leadership will be amazed on Wednesday morning: coz no one will comply with either the ultimatum they issued to the Government or the directive they issued to the Labour force!
Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by amaechi1: 12:22pm On May 15, 2016
If the protest is for the NASS to reduce their salaries, yes. But for this fuel issue NO!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Join The NLC Strike/protest Against Subsidy Removal? YES/NO by Iblawi1: 12:24pm On May 15, 2016
No

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Generate 12,000mw Of Electricity – Fashola / Buhari Gone Deaf! See Omenka Calling Barcanister (PIX) / What Does Wailing Or Wailers Means Please I Am Not A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.