Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,982 members, 7,896,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 08:17 AM

The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work (2401 Views)

Lagbaja On Doyin Okupe's Comment On Why Nigeria Cannot Get New Trains / Nigerians Question Why TV Stations Are Going Up In Flames? / I Cannot Work With Tinubu, ACN A Party Of Rebels – Falae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Onlytruth(m): 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2009
Nigeria cannot work AS IS. Period! There are too many things wrong. Let us take a look at some of the problems:

1. The cart is attempting to pull the horse: Northern Nigerian attitude to government business and governance (the born to rule mentality) poses the biggest obstacle to a Nigerian nation. The North has been ruling Nigeria since the end of the civil war in 1970 (almost 40 years!). Nigeria degenerated steadily under Northern rule to the today’s pitiable conditions whereby Nigeria cannot even boast of the ability to refine petroleum (our biggest foreign exchange earner!). Africa’s largest producer of petroleum cannot refine petroleum! embarassed Nigeria cannot generate electricity (only produces about 2000 megawatts for a country of 140 million!). embarassed Nigeria cannot even provide security and protection from dangerous robbers (both pen and gun robbers). Nigeria cannot protect Nigerian citizens abroad. There are Nigerians scattered all over the world undergoing various harrowing conditions and treatments on a daily basis, with no hope in sight. The list goes on.
2. The prognosis is not good: Current statistics show that some sections of Nigeria (South East for instance) produce far more qualified workforce than the North, and yet these graduates join the jobless queue yearly while the less qualified Northerners get jobs. This is part of why the violent crimes and militancy are now championed by persons with university degrees! embarassed
3. Nigerians cannot live peacefully in Northern Nigeria without fear of occasional “religious riots” which claim thousands of lives each time. These riots are often termed religious but they are really tribal riots targeting Igbo and churches in the North. The rise of the BOKO HARAM is just a little manifestation of a deep seated resentment against western culture and education which Igbos and other southerners maintain an advantage over the North.
4. The oil in the Niger delta should be owned by the local states and communities who should own the fields 100% [/b]but pay taxes to the Federal government. That is the standard practice all over the world but not in Nigeria. This can NEVER happen in Nigeria, hence the instability in the delta.
5. [b]The required skill-set to create a great nation out of Nigeria is not in Nigeria
. Nigerians with such skills (which again are mainly from Southern, especially South Eastern Nigeria) are abroad. They have been forced out by the insistence of Northern Nigeria to remain in charge. Some Nigerians even accuse Igbos of greed and of trying to dominate Nigeria. They forget then even biggest and greatest nations like the USA and Great Britain are dominated by the Jews (who are an infinitesimal minority in the US and British contexts)! It does not take away anything from these nations. It only makes them truly great! But the question is this: if Northern Nigeria has been leading Nigeria right and providing the right and qualified leadership, would anyone complain? If Nigerians have electricity, good roads, health care and security, would anyone care that the North dominates? I doubt it! But that is not the case. Nigeria has been spiraling downwards since after the war and there is no hope.
6. There is no hope because a region that produces far less university graduates are scheming to remain in charge for ever. The Igbo will never stop going to school. They could never be discouraged from schooling (as appears to be the intention of the architects of Northern control). Even Igbos outside Nigeria go to school far more and will continue doing so. This situation will only get worse. I only see trouble ahead if nothing changes about the way northern Nigerians see power.
So, Nigerians need to be honest with themselves. You cannot say, well I want to stay with Igbos but I fear they will dominate me! Either Nigerians accept a possibility of Igbo dominance (based on current education trends and proven competence), in which case a truly progressing and growing nation can emerge; or they should have the courage to ask Igbos to leave Nigeria. Something must give! angry

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by ikeyman00(m): 6:33am On Aug 17, 2009
thread inadequate for em

therefore thread closed!

door slammed at u man

bye bye
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Onlytruth(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2009
The points raised remain unchallenged. Everyone knows they are true. I'm sure they speak for themselves. Ndigbo must be great in Nigeria or great in Biafra. Already we have achieved the most impossible tasks for Nigeria. Example, Enyimba football club is the ONLY NIGERIAN club to lift the African Champion league cup, ever! And they did so twice! No other Nigerian team has achieved the same feat again. You cannot force a lion to chew grass simply because there are more buffalo in the reserve.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by nex(m): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2009
@OnlyTruth

is this the Ibo question? You have yourself have stated that everyone knows this as truth.

By the way, I'm a supporter of Enyimba football club. I started an Enyimba FC group online some months back. Don't tribalize things EVERYTIME! Everyone is asking questions about Nigeria. There's no particular language to it.

All this this thread will achieve is tribal hatred and all you people accumulating hatred against a particular tribe which you claim to belong, I doubt your claims. You're impostors.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Bialegend(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2009
nex:

@OnlyTruth

is this the Ibo question? You have yourself have stated that everyone knows this as truth.

By the way, I'm a supporter of Enyimba football club. I started an Enyimba FC group online some months back. Don't tribalize things EVERYTIME! Everyone is asking questions about Nigeria. There's no particular language to it.

All this this thread will achieve is tribal hatred and all you people accumulating hatred against a particular tribe which you claim to belong, I doubt your claims. You're impostors.
Please can we see the online site of Enyimba FC group that you started some months back? This is akin to the famous "my best friends are Igbos, so i have nothing against Igbos" being achoed everywhere by Igbo haters when they are found out. Once again, please direct us how we can visit your so called Enyimba FC group online?
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Bialegend(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2009
Nex, i wonder why you have not been able to direct us to your almighty Enyimba FC group online. What is so difficult about it? Chairman, Igbo lovers association.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by nex(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
@Bialegend

please go to Facebook and search Enyimba under groups, join the group if you are a true Enyimba fan, then come back to this thread and tell everyone who the creator of that group is and how long ago it was created.

I don't believe I have any beef with you. Just go do your research and come back here to testify.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by naijaway(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2009
This is definately not just an igbo question, it is a Nigerian question. And to me the answer is VALUES, what are the values as a nation?

And the oil should not be owned by the communities 100%, that is only going to lead to protectionism and unnecessary superiority for another generation among oil resorce control and their neighbors. It is better for the government to distribute the oil wealth intelligently, broad, and with very little corruption. All with national intrest in mind. Matter of fact the oil producing states should be given 30% resource control because oil is a global community and the resource control is a national threat in terms of stability and social equality if full control is given to the communities of these oil producing nations. At least something along full honest govt contol is how its supposed to be.
All these religious and traditional is one big mess for sure but solvable if the govt is ready. Why can't the federal govt divert people attention by redoing land laws, saying if you have more than 1 land with x-amount of acres anything above that will be taxed heavily and taxed way much lesser if its a business with all kinds of loopholes in mind while legislating the issue. Then, the govt can zoom in on traditional rulers and religious leaders that preach extremism especially traditional rulers in the east and religious leaders in the west; while that is going on many kinds of reform in schools, civil laws, and completion of crucial projects should be ON.
Typical naija mentality is you know kno that guy, him dun drop one mansion for lagos and one for wherever, the guy na bigboy. Meanwhile, all the guys neighbors are either thiefs or very poor. The populace feom east, west north, and south need to change their hearts for the better. Our mentality can be too detrimental most times.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Afam(m): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2009
Bialegend:

Nex, i wonder why you have not been able to direct us to your almighty Enyimba FC group online. What is so difficult about it? Chairman, Igbo lovers association.

Even though this is an online forum and a lot of people use aliases and as such may never know those behind the screen names I make bold to state that based on the contribution of nex on this forum he is an objective and an intelligent person and regardless of his origin and tribe he earns my respect any day.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Bialegend(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
nex:

@Bialegend

please go to Facebook and search Enyimba under groups, join the group if you are a true Enyimba fan, then come back to this thread and tell everyone who the creator of that group is and how long ago it was created.

I don't believe I have any beef with you. Just go do your research and come back here to testify.
There are several Enyimba groups there. You must be a joke if you think anyone will believe you so easily. "My best friends are Igbos" We didn't start today to hear such rubbish from guys like you.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2009
Yes! The fact remains that Nigeria is a great nation, the giant of Africa. If all ethnicities in the country can come together in one mind, Nigeria could be better than what it seems to be today.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Bialegend(m): 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2009
ELDER-1:

Yes! The fact remains that Nigeria is a great nation, the giant of Africa. If all ethnicities in the country can come together in one mind, Nigeria could be better than what it seems to be today.
Giant of Africa? Are you for real or were you drunk while typing? What made nigeria giant of Africa? Can you elaborate please?
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by JamesG: 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2009
"The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work"

This question seem to suggest 2 things:

1. It is only meant for Igbos to answer - in other words they only, have the answer.

2. The success of Nigeria depends on the Igbos - That is Nigeria revolves around the Igbos.

Why is it that the word Igbo(s) shows up in this forum more than any other tribe(s)? Is it that some Igbos feel they are better than other Nigerians or tribes therin?
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by nex(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2009
@Afam

Thank you very much. I know we've had our arguments and we've had our agreements too. You're a very open minded person. There's hope.

@Bialegend

did you join all of those groups? Did you join any of them? Where is your love? I'm sure you're celebrating Liverpool FC or Manchester United according to the images that your mind is colonized by. Meanwhile your team that yearns for a little support, a few jerseys bought, you turn your face from them. I'm sure you will not know that Adidas discontinued their endorsement of Enyimba jerseys because of low patronage. Where is your support? Where is your belief in them?

Your heart may be there, your words may seek well, but your actions do not do promote the Ibos and I really doubt that most of you people posing as Ibos and coming here to brew hate against them are their worst enemies.

Still if you cannot go to my Enyimba group and find the date it was open, them you continue to be a very big liar and a propagandist.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Onlytruth(m): 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2009
The term "Igbo question" is only used here to mean "the progressive question". Igbo represents progress and achievement; the true Igbo spirit. Put differently, is Nigeria willing to employ an aggressively progressive people such as the Igbo for greatness? Those trying to twist my words here are deliberately trying to misrepresent facts and somehow change the subject. Nigeria is not progressing (some have been saying Igbo are partly to blame but that is a lie because Igbo have never been in control of power in Nigeria).[b] Any little progress we make (like the debt relief negotiated by Ngozi Okonjo Iweala), Naira policy (initiated by Chukwuma Soludo) and war against fake drugs (initiated by Dora Akunyili), are quickly reserved and dismantled once the North returns to the helms. [/b]The cell phone revolution initiated by Engineer Ernest Ndukwe would have suffered the same fate if he was removed. [b]My point is that I cannot even count how many chairmen of the US federal reserve that were Jews. The last one (Greenspan) was a Jew and the current one Bernanke is a Jew. In the US the job simply falls to the brightest and most qualified. I[/b]n Nigeria it falls to the least qualified due to regional hegemonic thinking. I can almost guarantee that if the power sector reform is handed over to some qualified Nigeria (who may be Igbo) we will come to see that steady power supply is possible in Nigeria. But will the North let that happen? The Igbos have done what was considered hard or impossible by other Nigerians (Enyimba for instance with Felix Anyansi Agwu). Mind you that some Enyimba players are not Igbo, but the point is that Anyansi Agwu is a typical Igbo go-getter and knows how to inspire a team to achieve the impossible. 
Igbo wants to progress and are in a hurry (any rational person should be after 40 years of stagnation!) to progress. Will Nigeria tap into Igbo zeal for progress and build a great nation or will they continue the policy of Igbo containment, 40 years after the war?
If the policy of containment must continue as some seem to suggest, then the Igbo must be allowed to leave Nigeria in peace!
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by nex(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2009
You mean only Ibo means progressive in Nigeria? Who is the supremacist now? Who is the Nazi now? Do you even know how Hitler started? Do you know the result?

OnlyTruth, I confirm that you are not from the East. You're a Boko Haram agent trying to make the Ibos look like hateful people who look down on others. What is your aim? To reciprocate this kind of feeling from other people? You are a liar! You are a devil!
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Onlytruth(m): 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2009
nex:

You mean only Ibo means progressive in Nigeria? Who is the supremacist now? Who is the Nazi now? Do you even know how Hitler started? Do you know the result?

OnlyTruth, I confirm that you are not from the East. You're a Boko Haram agent trying to make the Ibos look like hateful people who look down on others. What is your aim? To reciprocate this kind of feeling from other people? You are a liar! You are a devil!

See me see trouble o shocked. You conveniently avoided the points I raised to attack me personally. I resist the temptation to attack back because that simply derails my message. If I am the devil, what do you call your Pa Anthony Enahoro who woke up after about 30 years (after starving 2 million Igbos to death in Biafra) to discover he was wrong about Biafra and Nigeria. Keep your head inside the sand, it changes nothing! How can a people's love for progress (demonstrated through actions, not in speeches and rhetoric) become their greatest crimes Suddenly we are now Nazis for wanting to[b] be integrated AS WE ARE or be freed[/b]. Na wa for Nigerians! If all Edo people think like you, then it means you have not repented from the murder of Igbos in Benin as they were fleeing from Lagos. You think say we don forget?
Igbos only hate stagnation and have demonstrated through the years (war and peaceful agitations) that we want to progress. Tell Pa Enahoro to put his money, blood and sweat into what he preaches today. Talk is cheap!  angry

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by C2H5OH(f): 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2009
spread your wings. learn to fly. break away if you must.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by asha80(m): 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2009
This is getting tiring.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Onlytruth(m): 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2009
Topic is too important to "tire me". I worry for the future of my children. All responsible parents do. If my child graduates from Harvard, I don't want him to serve some half baked mallam in the name of "one Nigeria". A mallam who can wake up one day to toss him aside like they did to Soludo.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by ezeagu(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2009
JamesG:

Why is it that the word Igbo(s) shows up in this forum more than any other tribe(s)? Is it that some Igbos feel they are better than other Nigerians or tribes therin?

Did you check whether does threads were started by Igbo, or are you just letting your subconscious slip out for a moment?
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by nex(m): 11:13pm On Aug 17, 2009
@JamesG

Really, not everybody that says I'm Ibo, I'm Igbo, has anything to do with Eastern Nigeria. Be very vigilant. Not everybody that opens an ID with an Ibo word is real. Nairaland does not have a tribe detector. If only there was such a software for the moderators to install, you would be shocked.

@OnlyTruth

who the fuçk is Pa Enahoro? Is that the man who is sponsoring you to spread all these lies? What's the name of that your 419 group. NADECO abi FEDECO?

Your plan shall fail. Oh! The Ibos and Edos were engaged in war doing the civil war, who the heck wasn't? You think that is enough a mantra to spread hate with? You need to try harder.

But why are you trying so hard to bring up something that will stir up hate against Ibos? Why try so hard?

Go and stand in front of your mirror and say to yourself, "I love Ibos". Let's see if that mirror won't shatter. Liar!
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Onlytruth(m): 1:34am On Aug 18, 2009
nex:

@JamesG

Really, not everybody that says I'm Ibo, I'm Igbo, has anything to do with Eastern Nigeria. Be very vigilant. Not everybody that opens an ID with an Ibo word is real. Nairaland does not have a tribe detector. If only there was such a software for the moderators to install, you would be shocked.

@OnlyTruth

who the fuçk is Pa Enahoro? Is that the man who is sponsoring you to spread all these lies? What's the name of that your 419 group. NADECO abi FEDECO?

Your plan shall fail. Oh! The Ibos and Edos were engaged in war doing the civil war, who the heck wasn't? You think that is enough a mantra to spread hate with? You need to try harder.

But why are you trying so hard to bring up something that will stir up hate against Ibos? Why try so hard?

Go and stand in front of your mirror and say to yourself, "I love Ibos". Let's see if that mirror won't shatter. Liar!

How can I bring up something that started in 1967 ( and have survived all these years) and has not abated in 2009? If you noticed I'm not interested in pleading for Nigerians to love Igbos. I'm only saying that Nigerians must accept Igbos as they are and not try to "contain" or "tolerate" them. If you cannot do that, then let them go and form their own country. Simple. Don't love me but let me go peacefully! Your vitriol changes nothing.
All you need to do (which I suspect you will never do!) is to address the issues I raised.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by babapupa: 2:53am On Aug 18, 2009
Onlytruth-

I know we play and joke around with these yeye topics,  but the tin no dey taya u ni?

geezzz grin
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Onlytruth(m): 6:13am On Aug 18, 2009
Umar accuses Yar’Adua of nepotism
From NOAH EBIJE, Kaduna
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Yar’Adua
Photo: The Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section
[right][/right]
Colonel Abubakar Dangiwa Umar (retd) has accused President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua of nepotism. He was criticizing Yar’Adua for the first time after the sacking of his sister, the former Minister (State) Power, Hajia Fatima Balaraba Ibrahim.

Umar said the appointment of Yar’Adua’s kinsmen from Katsina State into key federal positions violated the principles of federal character and national unity.

In a statement he signed and made available to newsmen in Kaduna, the retired military officer and social critic specifically faulted the appointment of Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko Inde as the new Comptroller-General of Customs, saying that Dikko was promoted above his superiors and other peers in the customs and service.

He further frowned at the appointment of Dikko which came on the heels of appointment of other Katsina State indigenes as chief executive officers of federal parastals, including the Petroleum Development Trust Fund (PDTF), Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), the National Inland Water ways Authority (NIWA), as well as Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA).

According to the statement: “President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua had given the impression that he was unconcerned with the increasing apprehension and anxieties the public feels about the way he is using the powers of his office. Without a question, the public is right and is entitled to expect that the president exercises those powers transparently and always for the promotion of the larger interests of the entire country.

“Sadly, what is apparent is the steady emergence of a disturbing pattern of nepotism, cronyisms and chronic disability to treat the whole country as his single constituency. All too often, as in this instance, a high profile office falls vacant and the president rushes to locate an indigene of Katsina (or in some cases, Kano State) to fill it.

“Few can pretend not to notice or take issues with the choice of Katsina-born Alhaji Abdullahi Inde, an Assistant Comptroller-General, a lower level position in the hierarchy of that institution, as Comptroller-General after recent appointments of Katsina State indigenes as chief executive officers of a string of parastatals, including the Petroleum Trust Development Fund, the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, the National Inland Waterways Authority and, for that matter, FERMA.

“It is to be stressed, therefore, that the president’s increasing disdain for due process and the tendency towards arbitrariness in appointments portend grave danger to the unity and security of Nigeria .
“His chosen style not only violates our laws but, even more tellingly, shows a provocative contempt for the sensibilities of Nigerians. He is well advised to retrace his steps.”

[size=16pt] I cannot add more![/size]

Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by JamesG: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2009
Onlytruth:

The term "Igbo question" is only used here to mean "the progressive question". Igbo represents progress and achievement; the true Igbo spirit. Put differently, is Nigeria willing to employ an aggressively progressive people such as the Igbo for greatness? Those trying to twist my words here are deliberately trying to misrepresent facts and somehow change the subject. Nigeria is not progressing (some have been saying Igbo are partly to blame but that is a lie because Igbo have never been in control of power in Nigeria).[b] Any little progress we make (like the debt relief negotiated by Ngozi Okonjo Iweala), Naira policy (initiated by Chukwuma Soludo) and war against fake drugs (initiated by Dora Akunyili), are quickly reserved and dismantled once the North returns to the helms. [/b]The cell phone revolution initiated by Engineer Ernest Ndukwe would have suffered the same fate if he was removed. [b]My point is that I cannot even count how many chairmen of the US federal reserve that were Jews. The last one (Greenspan) was a Jew and the current one Bernanke is a Jew. In the US the job simply falls to the brightest and most qualified. I[/b]n Nigeria it falls to the least qualified due to regional hegemonic thinking. I can almost guarantee that if the power sector reform is handed over to some qualified Nigeria (who may be Igbo) we will come to see that steady power supply is possible in Nigeria. But will the North let that happen? The Igbos have done what was considered hard or impossible by other Nigerians (Enyimba for instance with Felix Anyansi Agwu). Mind you that some Enyimba players are not Igbo, but the point is that Anyansi Agwu is a typical Igbo go-getter and knows how to inspire a team to achieve the impossible. 
Igbo wants to progress and are in a hurry (any rational person should be after 40 years of stagnation!) to progress. Will Nigeria tap into Igbo zeal for progress and build a great nation or will they continue the policy of Igbo containment, 40 years after the war?
If the policy of containment must continue as some seem to suggest, then the Igbo must be allowed to leave Nigeria in peace!

You really need to stop this idiotic rhetoric - it is down right tasteless and nonsensical. If you are really an Ibo man as you've claimed, and would like the Ibos out of Nigeria, start an Ibo blog. This forum is really for Nigerians that seek a better Nigeria, not for those that want to tear it apart. In your Ibo forum you can blog your vile and sickening rhetoric all you want. -This way those true Igbos who love this country will continue to have meaningful discourse with their fellow Nigerians on how to better the country for all Nigerians.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by nex(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2009
@JamesG

you see what I'm talking about? Why would I go to where every family in my village is gathered and tell them that my family is better than theirs? Will it not be my family's death that I'd be seeking?

If I gather members of my family together in the parlour of our family house and tell them we are the best and most progressive family in the village.

So you see what I'm saying. Who really is this guy?
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by JamesG: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2009
nex:

@JamesG

you see what I'm talking about? Why would I go to where every family in my village is gathered and tell them that my family is better than theirs? Will it not be my family's death that I'd be seeking?

If I gather members of my family together in the parlour of our family house and tell them we are the best and most progressive family in the village.

So you see what I'm saying. Who really is this guy?

@nex
I agree with you - you speak wisely.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
JamesG:

You really need to stop this idiotic rhetoric - it is down right tasteless and nonsensical. If you are really an Ibo man as you've claimed, and would like the Ibos out of Nigeria, start an Ibo blog. This forum is really for Nigerians that seek a better Nigeria, not for those that want to tear it apart. In your Ibo forum you can blog your vile and sickening rhetoric all you want. -This way those [size=14pt]true Igbos [/size] who love this country will continue to have meaningful discourse with their fellow Nigerians on how to better the country for all Nigerians.

ol boy!! you don dey find trouble na!!! True Ibos? You mean say all these BIAFRA-spouting ragamuffins wey we get here no be TRUE ibos? I hu kwam trouble!! you mean say all these " YOU CANNOT BE AGAINST BIAFRA AND BE IBO" crowd we have there are not TRUE ibos? kpa sa kwa on we gi oo!!!

roflmao!!!
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by JamesG: 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

ol boy!! you don dey find trouble na!!! True Ibos? You mean say all these BIAFRA-spouting ragamuffins wey we get here no be TRUE ibos? I hu kwam trouble!! you mean say all these " YOU CANNOT BE AGAINST BIAFRA AND BE IBO" crowd we have there are not TRUE ibos? kpa sa kwa on we gi oo!!!

roflmao!!!

I am just not down for denigrating other tribes - it is just not progressive in my opinion.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2009
JamesG:

You really need to stop this idiotic rhetoric - it is down right tasteless and nonsensical. If you are really an Ibo man as you've claimed, and would like the Ibos out of Nigeria, start an Ibo blog. This forum is really for Nigerians that seek a better Nigeria, not for those that want to tear it apart. In your Ibo forum you can blog your vile and sickening rhetoric all you want. -This way those true Igbos who love this country will continue to have meaningful discourse with their fellow Nigerians on how to better the country for all Nigerians.

You have to understand that the problem with nigeria will always be replicated on nairaland. Nigeria is a stench that is smelt wherever there's the word nigeria. Whether it's the disorganised embassy in britain, The super chickens and even nairaland. The posts on nairaland is a true reflection of the happenings in nigeria.

If you don't want to face the truth then go to some foreign forum.
Re: The Igbo Question: Why Nigeria Cannot Work by JamesG: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
afam4eva:

You have to understand that the problem with nigeria will always be replicated on nairaland. Nigeria is a stench that is smelt wherever there's the word nigeria. Whether it's the disorganised embassy in britain, The super chickens and even nairaland. The posts on nairaland is a true reflection of the happenings in nigeria.

If you don't want to face the truth then go to some foreign forum.

I beg to differ, I don't think the "truth" is being condescending to other tribes? I feel we should discourage demagoguery and encourage practical/intelligent/progressive discourse for what it is worth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia State: An Unbiased Evaluation Of An Unsung Hero / Obiano’s “Operation Kpochapu” Raids Criminal Hideouts, Recovers Arms Cache / Fayose Raises Alarm Over Fayemi's Fresh N1bn Loan, Blasts Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.