Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? (1293 Views)

Why Do Most People Here Hate Christianity? / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 10:09am On May 15, 2016
Goodmorning and Happy Sunday Nairalanders. Please have you people noticed what is happening on Nairaland recently? Do you people notice the subtle attack on religion and Christianity in particular being dished out these days? Most times, its no longer subtle! It comes out as an open and direct attack! Granted that some churches within Christendom are misbehaving. But does that make the whole of Christianity bad? Does that mean no good virtues can be found in Christianity again?

Mind you, I am a Deist and I don't go to church for reasons best known to me. But you can never see me attacking any religion be it Christianity, Muslim or what have you. Maybe once in a while, I will constructively criticize some aspects of some certain religions. But you can never see me attacking or demonizing them.

But it has come to my notice that there are subtle plans by Nairaland to demonize Christianity! A pointer and evidence can be seen on what is happening today again. This has been going on for months but todays own took another Ballistic dimension! Otherwise, tell me why of all edifying threads in the Christian section, only stuffs like;

https://www.nairaland.com/3106329/going-heaven

https://www.nairaland.com/3106380/some-annoying-things-people-church

https://www.nairaland.com/3106347/why-really-go-church

Made it to front page on a Sunday morning!

Just two days ago on the other hand, these are topics from the Muslim section that made front page on a friday!

https://www.nairaland.com/3102847/when-praying-jumat-no-longer

https://www.nairaland.com/3093830/mispronunciation-muslim-names

https://www.nairaland.com/3087090/7-common-mistakes-solah

https://www.nairaland.com/3102151/what-friday

Did you people notice the difference? Is there any balance in the equation?

Spoiler alert.... This particular thread; https://www.nairaland.com/3106347/why-really-go-church, has the writings and style of smartness of a very powerful person on Nairaland. I wouldnt want to mention any names to avoid breaking any rules. But if you know a powerful person on Nairaland, go through his posts in the religion section and go through this particular thread! You will see what I am sawing.... Lols!

Joke apart, Nairaland needs to take it down a notch. We know that you people are not Christians.... Or even irreligious... Lols. But do know that Nairaland is also a multi religious platform. Even if some of you dont believe in the Christian God like me, don't force it down on others! Or use indirect subtle means to make them loose faith in God or Jesus. Let everybody worship whatever he or she believes in peace and harmony. Thanks for reading. Let me know your views!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by finalboss(m): 10:17am On May 15, 2016
you dnt hv any point bro
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Brigance(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2016
If you fail to observe how the theists think they hold the exclusive right to evangelism, and how they go about shoving their belief down every ones throat and all you could come up with is a few threads that express rational thought and questions, then probably some shades of hypocrisy is at play.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by oloriooko(m): 10:34am On May 15, 2016
Because the founder and owner is an atheist QED

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by KevMitnick: 10:34am On May 15, 2016
Excellent observation skills. But there is no assault happening. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, mods have a criteria for moving topics to the front page and I think they strictly adhere to those rules. This is an open platform, you are free to Air your views, that's why we have topics with counter topics trailing them.
If you feel there is a direct or Indirect attack on religion especially Christianity, you can open counter threads to oppose or protect your religion, simple.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by SUPERPACK: 1:45pm On May 15, 2016
christians are to blame to me o, the rate at which they attack muslims and insulting their belief is fueling the surge of atheists, compare the amount of anti-islam threads on nairaland, to anti-christian threads on nairaland. when u attack muslems, they attack back creating room for the atheist to criticize both religions with reckless abandon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 15, 2016
Brigance:
If you fail to observe how the theists think they hold the exclusive right to evangelism, and how they go about shoving their belief down every ones throat and all you could come up with is a few threads that express rational thought and questions, then probably some shades of hypocrisy is at play.

You dont seem to get my point do you? Are you not aware that some Muslims also think they have exclusive right to "Holy Jihad" and how they go about shoving their belief down every ones throat? But do you see those threads on front page? Why not sift out the good Christian rational ones and post them to front page too? Who now has some shades of hypocrisy?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Brigance(m): 1:50pm On May 15, 2016
iamexcelblog:

You dont seem to get my point do you? Are you not aware that some Muslims also think they have exclusive right to "Holy Jihad" and how they go about shoving their belief down every ones throat? But do you see those threads on front page? Why not sift out the good Christian rational ones and post them to front page too? Who now has some shades of hypocrisy?

Go now and check the front page.

Your grievances have been attended to.
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 15, 2016
Three reasons:

1. It pulls traffic.
2. Traffic = money.
3. The administrator(forum owner) agrees with the views and as such would always gravitate towards his beliefs.
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 15, 2016
Brigance:

Go now and check the front page.

Your grievances have been attended to.

I noticed it too bro... You see the power of criticism? Honestly I was amazed at how the first page from religious section on Nairaland this morning is; "Why do you go to church"!!

C'mom bro... Only that alone is enough to weaken some people from attending church after reading the comments from fellow forumites!
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Brigance(m): 2:11pm On May 15, 2016
iamexcelblog:

I noticed it too bro... You see the power of criticism? Honestly I was amazed at how the first page from religious section on Nairaland this morning is; "Why do you go to church"!!

C'mom bro... Only that alone is enough to weaken some people from attending church after reading the comments from fellow forumites!

If thou falter in the day of adversity, your strength is small.
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 15, 2016
Brigance:

Even the Bible said it in the parable of the seed sower... All strengths are not equal!
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Amberon: 4:08pm On May 15, 2016
You have no point.

Did Christians stop you from evangelizing? And how do we shove our beliefs down everyone's throat? Have you ever heard of anyone being forcefully converted to Christianity?

you have no case.
Brigance:
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by UyiIredia(m): 4:29pm On May 15, 2016
I don't think this site promotes atheism. At least not as it did before under manmustwack.
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by dorox(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2016
This cartoon illustrates the frustration that you feel about the relentless attack on your faith by atheist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by AccidentalGenius: 5:27pm On May 15, 2016
you mean the same christianity that promotes more hate than it preaches? The same christiany thats as judgemental as it preaches against? You mean the same christianity that hates itself as much as it hates the so called devil? The jehova witness hating on christians, deeper life hating on mountain on fire, pentecostal hating and all others hating on adherents of the grail? The same christianity that embues all the negativity it preaches against? The same christian god that has killed more people than the devil himself? Has the devil even killed anyone? I don't know where to start but labelling you a hypocrite will be much more appropriate #WeFuckingLoveAthiesm

6 Likes

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by analice107: 5:44pm On May 15, 2016
Brigance:

You took that straight from me.

@ Ops, If you faint in the days of persecution, criticism, your strength, faith and grace is small.
Anyone who can stay home and not go to church on Sunday because Ifeness or any other Seed of Satan says "Why go to church?", then he/she is not a Christian or still Carnal Christian.
What will he/she be doing here in the first place on Sunday morning?

Christians never even see, weytin dey ahead of us, hmmm. The persecution Christians will face for being Christians? Christ prophesied it. You better run now and join satan, because if you join satan, him no go worry you again, just that, you go go hellfire at last.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Ranchhoddas: 6:29pm On May 15, 2016
analice107:

@ Ops, If you faint in the days of persecution, criticism, your strength, faith and grace is small.
Anyone who can stay home and not go to church on Sunday because Ifeness or any other Seed of Satan says "Why go to church?", then he/she is not a Christian or still Carnal Christian.

Christians never even see, weytin dey ahead of us, hmmm. The persecution Christians will face for being Christians? Christ prophesied it. You better run now and join satan, because if you join satan, him no go worry you again, just that, you go go hellfire at last.
I just dey look you with one kain eye

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by analice107: 6:56pm On May 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Which kind eye be that. be careful oo. No look me bad eye oo

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by ifenes(m): 8:38pm On May 30, 2016
analice107:

If your religion( Christianity) is a positive tool for our day to day life,why should we seek to remove it?

As you can see from your post, you are one insecure fellow. Religion feeds off your insecurities.

Religion is the epitome of fear mongering. It scares you with sin and eternal damnation in hell.

Matthew 5:5 says “Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth.” If you are too shy or feel trampled on, then you are blessed; feel the insecurity fade away.
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by analice107: 10:13pm On May 30, 2016
ifenes:

If your religion( Christianity) is a positive tool for our day to day life,why should we seek to remove it?

As you can see from your post, you are one insecure fellow. Religion feeds off your insecurities.

Religion is the epitome of fear mongering. It scares you with sin and eternal damnation in hell.

Matthew 5:5 says “Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth.” If you are too shy or feel trampled on, then you are blessed; feel the insecurity fade away.

Hahahahahahahaha. Ifeness. You make laugh me always. If till now you don't know why Satan and his boys scouts are fighting vigorously to erase Christianity, it's either Satan is using you without your knowledge or you are daft.
I am a Christian becos I love Christ, hellfire is not my concern, if it is strong it should have kept Jesus dead. But Jesus Triumphed over it.
You, on the other hand can't swallow your spittle, the fear of hellfire gives you crams, but you are under the manacles of Satan, you pretend to be okay, without you knowing your shivers are evidenced.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Seun(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2016
iamexcelblog:
https://www.nairaland.com/3106329/going-heaven

https://www.nairaland.com/3106380/some-annoying-things-people-church

https://www.nairaland.com/3106347/why-really-go-church

Made it to front page on a Sunday morning!
These topics are not as bad as you're implying. Can you give ten examples of topics that you would like to see on the home page on Sundays?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 30, 2016
Seun:

These topics are not as bad as you're implying. Can you give ten examples of topics that you would like to see on the home page on Sundays?
can i interview you on a thread please.. Just to knw you more.. And abt ur religious belifs.
Dont ignore this please, just reply with a yes or no.. It means a lot
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 30, 2016
nairaland doesnt hate christianity at all its just that you christians have refused to write something worthy of been in the frontpage on sundays for sometimes now and we atheist are taking advantage of it shikena
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Mediapace: 10:43pm On May 30, 2016
Sunday school topics
Bible competition e.t.c.
Seun:

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by winner01(m): 11:11pm On May 30, 2016
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Seun(m): 1:29pm On May 31, 2016

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 31, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Add my eye to the collection abeg.
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 31, 2016
Seun:
Most of them are plagiarized article. Plagiarism is against the rules of the forum.
Hi Seun, I have some Satanist threads I'd love to make FP. cool
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by kevoh(m): 2:00pm On May 31, 2016
Actually the theists(Christians) do the damage to christianity themselves. Back in the day in a typical thread, you could get solid arguments from both parties(theists and atheists) but these days theists rarely make any convincing counter point to number of points put by the regular atheists. Some even resort to ad hominems.

Let me give an example: An atheist tries to make a solid case ( with a number of points) on why god does not exist or why Noah's flood story is shaky but all he gets as counterargument is '' A fool says in his heart that there's no god''. undecided Really? Is that the best you can do? Meanwhile, sitting on Nairaland's fence are christian guests who are on the verge of crossing over to atheism and the best you can offer to help their doubt is '' A fool says bla bla bla'' SMH who dat comment want epp?

Also, I'd like to state that I've seen way more theists (Christian) thread on frontpage than any atheist one.So OP stop playing the victim card here. Meanwhile, same threads actually do the damage, if it's not pentecostals insulting Catholics and vice versa, it's JW disagreeing with Chosen with attacks having nothing to do with the thread itself. You do not even need the help of atheists on most frontpage threads to plant a seed of doubt tongue , as you guys are doing a perfect job. I rest my case.
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 31, 2016
Hate christianity
Re: Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much??? by Rilwayne001: 6:02pm On May 31, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
[b]you mean the same christianity that promotes more hate than it preaches? The same christiany thats as judgemental as it preaches against? You mean the same christianity that hates itself as much as it hates the so called devil? The jehova witness hating on christians, deeper life hating on mountain on fire, pentecostal hating and all others hating on adherents of the grail? The same christianity that embues all the negativity it preaches against? The same christian god that has killed more people than the devil himself? Has the devil even killed anyone? I don't know where to start but labelling you a hypocrite will be much more appropriate #WeFuckingLoveAthiesm ]
Nicely put.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus (pbuh) Was Not Crucified... Concrete Evidence In True Gospel Of Barnabas) / TB Joushua Tricked Me. I'm Still The Snake Pastor / Supernatural Society Of Magick And Occult Mastering.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.