Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk (41192 Views)

UK Dailymail Used Amara Ajuzie's Photo As One Of Those Missing In Nice Attack / Nigeria's Growing Fulani Conflict Stokes Biafran Cause, Dailymail.uk / £250million Given To Buhari By Britain - Dailymail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Kennydoc(m): 2:31pm On May 15, 2016
ogmask:

because they are federal thieves. Can't you get it.

But EFCC recently invited Ohakim (former Imo State governor). Was he also a federal thief? And lemme ask you, do states have their own versions of EFCC?
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by stonemasonn: 2:32pm On May 15, 2016
helpee:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3590934/Is-Nigerian-leader-s-pal-fantastically-corrupt-Friend-African-president-accused-stealing-500million.html
Somebody is investing heavily on the media to discredit Ameachi. Ameachi's enemies have increased since his heavy contributions to the failure of GEJ his kinsman, and the strategy is working.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by horlabiyi(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2016
You don't expect a man that had just 1m in his account before election to probe his ATM
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Slimchase(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2016
inicyril:
In zombies voice, 'that was his old life, he is now a saint'.

the 'book of deceit' 20 vs 15: all ye that decampeth to APC are a new creature and av been washed off ur sins in politics through dullard our lord and personal Savior.

U nailed it bro........... Mass revolution looming in Naija !
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by BeardedMeat(m): 2:34pm On May 15, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

not interested in your comedy..
Yea! The incompetency and numerous policy somersaults has finally dropped its weight on this one. Pele.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by everozone: 2:36pm On May 15, 2016
If d devil moves to apc today he would b tagged a saint.Amaechi's hands are deep in corruption,but for d fact he remains in apc he is whiter than white.We can only take Buhari's anti-graft crussade seriously when Amaechi is arrested and tried.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 15, 2016
ogmask:

The rivers state govt should approach the Efcc with their petition then. But I recall the Efcc said they did due diligence on all the ministers befor they were cleared by the Senate. It is obvious that the rivers state govt have nothing on Amaechi which explains why they danced naked at the Senate to prevent his clearance. Why fight dirty if you have facts, why not do things procedurally.

Recall what happened to Reuben Abati, when he jumped into the wagon of those accusing buhari of masterminding violence against Jonathan. Do you remember? Buhari approached the court of law, Reuben Abati and others begged buhari to forgive them and withdraw the case. Reuben Abati especially sponsored a well drafted apology in the dailies. Mind you, Jonathan was the president then.
Na dem dem.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by babestella: 2:37pm On May 15, 2016
stonemasonn:
Somebody is investing heavily on the media to discredit Ameachi. Ameachi's enemies have increased since his heavy contributions to the failure of GEJ his kinsman, and the strategy is working.

Hepele, eku ijoko. Nansense.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by ogmask: 2:38pm On May 15, 2016
arcnomec:

He sold the state shares at grand malt factory,incomplete monorail fund,he Ameachi said he is building a new mega hospital in GPHC(greater port Harcourt city) named karibe's whtye memorial hospital for $10 billion but not even a single block is seen in the proposed site and many more too numerous to mention.

But Amaechi don talk how he spend the cash na. If una nor believe Amaechi (even with no evidence to back u up) why should anybody believe u.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Austino50: 2:40pm On May 15, 2016
senseless write up from senseless idiot

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Slimchase(m): 2:40pm On May 15, 2016
inicyril:
In zombies voice, 'that was his old life, he is now a saint'.

the 'book of deceit' 20 vs 15: all ye that decampeth to APC are a new creature and av been washed off ur sins in politics through dullard our lord and personal Savior.

U nailed it bro........ Mass Revolution is looming in Naija.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Teespice(f): 2:42pm On May 15, 2016
DaBullIT:
I am reading and i don't understand

first the writeup says He remains in his post despite being accused of misappropriating £338million by a commission investigating the sale of state assets.

Then the writeup says he bankrolled the president's campaign

Someone please tell me which assets Amaechi sold in Rivers state that is worth 338 M pounds

if amaechi steals the amount of money mentioned by daily mail, won't rivers state be wrecked to the ground?

going through comments on this thread, some people just talk without sense.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by DaBullIT(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2016
Dasuki did not sell state assets , he diverted funds meant for security for political campaign and selfish gain

Your brain still dey sleep ?
helpee:
when you tell us the asset dasuki sold that is worth 2billion dollars, i will tell what amaechi sold to get a meagre 300million pounds
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by ogmask: 2:43pm On May 15, 2016
Kennydoc:

But EFCC recently invited Ohakim (former Imo State governor). Was he also a federal thief? And lemme ask you, do states have their own versions of EFCC?

They can only invite him for two reasons.

a) acting on a petition from anywhere
b) acting on a petition from the federal government.

Should the petition come from the state govt, they can approach the court should the Efcc refuse to act on it.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by sunnyb0b0(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2016
seunmsg:
This useless UK dailymail again? Instead of investigating their stories properly and getting the facts of the matter, they just copy unsubstantiated lies from PDP propaganda sites and publish to unsuspecting British public in order to poison their minds against supporting UK aids to Nigeria. The UK government and people should be told that we don't need their fvcking aids anymore, they should simply give us back our stolen funds that are hidden in corrupt British banks.

If any commission in Rivers state is so sure that Amaechi misappropriated £338million, the Rivers state government through the Rivers state ministry of justice should charge him to court. He has no immunity from criminal prosecution, they should charge him to court and stop making wild allegations.

Buhari is already prosecuting those who stole at the federal level, state should please join the fight against corruption by prosecuting those who stole state funds.

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by sunnyb0b0(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2016
Cont'd

1 Share

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by helpee(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2016
DaBullIT:
Dasuki did not sell state assets , he diverted funds meant for security for political campaign and selfish gain
Your brain still dey sleep ?
normally i dont trade words with unintelligent zombies but tell me if your own brain is not on sabbatical where they told you amaechi sold state assets from this quote-----He remains in his post despite being accused of misappropriating £338million by a commission investigating the sale of state assets.
he misappropriated funds. the misappropriation was discovered by a committee investigating sale of assets nowhere in the article was it stated that he sold asset for 300million pounds and even if it is state asset....it includes shares, bonds not just physical properties so think before you rush to defend your religion here----zombeism
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Tjaypears(m): 2:50pm On May 15, 2016
I used to think this UK news agencies have some sense. Or better still make research before making allegations. How can anybody just post write up without evidence(s).
Accused by who ?
Said to have bankrolled presidential campaigns by who?
A leaked draft budget? Show us the excerpt!
Show us evidence that he stole Uk taxpayers money!
I don't say the man is not corrupt.
I don't know a politician that's not corrupt.

But don't be posting "they say" "we heard" " it's believed".
We want some evidence.
That why I trust most news that comes from the U.S. They don't joke with evidence.
Panama papers was not "they say" "we heard".
They trashed FIFA with real evidence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by pjamas(m): 2:50pm On May 15, 2016
successmatters:

Is it Anambra state government that took olisa metuh to court?
Sorry who is OLISA METUH WHY WAS HE TAKEN TO COURT i thought DASUKI was the one who implicated him and we all know Dasuki is the Only evidence against the PDP now.

BYE FOR NOW!
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by ogmask: 2:51pm On May 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Who are the beneficiaries of the aid? How was it dispensed? No amount of propaganda here can silence an international unbiased media unlike sahara reporters of NY(?)

Did they say the aid was giving to rivers state? they said aid to Nigeria and not rivers state. You see why I sat its junk journalism. Why ddnt they trace the money to rivers state. possibly mention the reason the money landed in rivers state. It's so comfortable for you to say they are unbiased even when it as Jonathan that squandered the money.
Did u also read where they said buhari declared 5 houses and 1 million pounds in cash befor he became president.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by DaBullIT(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2016
He remains in his post despite being accused of misappropriating £338million by a commission investigating the sale of state assets.

Sale of state assets, so what assets did he sell ?

helpee:
normally i dont trade words with unintelligent zombies but tell me if your own brain is not on sabbatical where they told you amaechi sold state assets from this quote-----He remains in his post despite being accused of misappropriating £338million by a commission investigating the sale of state assets.
he misappropriated funds. the misappropriation was discovered by a committee investigating sale of assets nowhere in the article was it stated that he sold asset for 300million pounds and even if it is state asset....it includes shares, bonds not just physical properties so think before you rush to defend your religion here----zombeism
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Amanwulu1(m): 2:59pm On May 15, 2016
helpee:
now that it is amaechi, EFCC should keep quiet while ministry of justice should take over. so, essentially, EFCC is now the prosecuting arm of APC. for your information, it is the duty of EFCC to investigate and prosecute financial crimes whether it involves husband and wife or state or federal govt.
u're dignifying dat thing by quoting him. He'll soon manifest anger, don't 4get they're children of anger. He 4got dat efcc is responsible to investigate common internet scam. Their reasonings stink I tell u.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by ogmask: 3:01pm On May 15, 2016
freeze001:

First i am female. There would be no point instituting such action because it would most likely get thrown out due to lack of jurisdiction! Legal matters aren't undertaken off the cuff, there are procedures please!

You have already labelled the judge a pro-Jonathan judge so will you not be the first to scream bias if the state government institutes an action in it own courts?

Sorry bout the gender mix up.

As for jurisdiction, rivers state is the first port of call. So that shouldn't be a problem.
The govt can go on to institute a case against him if they feel he has any to answer. Why cry of witch hunt when you can also wield your power too. Who does not know that the judiciary in rivers (both federal and state) is under wike's active control.
Not a good excuse of u ask me.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 15, 2016
It's very obvious the Nigerian opposition is influencing Daily mail

Trust the British, there will be a leak soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by BeardedMeat(m): 3:11pm On May 15, 2016
ogmask:

Did they say the aid was giving to rivers state? they said aid to Nigeria and not rivers state. You see why I sat its junk journalism. Why ddnt they trace the money to rivers state. possibly mention the reason the money landed in rivers state. It's so comfortable for you to say they are unbiased even when it as Jonathan that squandered the money.
Did u also read where they said buhari declared 5 houses and 1 million pounds in cash befor he became president.
But uncle what are you really whinning about? That Amaechi is not corrupt or that a Uk media is meddling with your affairs? Or that a uk media was unprofessional in their reportage?
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Suntzung: 3:17pm On May 15, 2016
seunmsg:
This useless UK dailymail again? Instead of investigating their stories properly and getting the facts of the matter, they just copy unsubstantiated lies from PDP propaganda sites and publish to unsuspecting British public in order to poison their minds against supporting UK aids to Nigeria. The UK government and people should be told that we don't need their fvcking aids anymore, they should simply give us back our stolen funds that are hidden in corrupt British banks.

If any commission in Rivers state is so sure that Amaechi misappropriated £338million, the Rivers state government through the Rivers state ministry of justice should charge him to court. He has no immunity from criminal prosecution, they should charge him to court and stop making wild allegations.

Buhari is already prosecuting those who stole at the federal level, state should please join the fight against corruption by prosecuting those who stole state funds.
As easy at that period !
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Charly68: 3:17pm On May 15, 2016
Haters are out again to nail Amaechi . The man is rocking it hard in his ministry,whoever does not like his style should take him to court. Nonsense write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by awesomeDave: 3:34pm On May 15, 2016
Nija will b gr8 again. Am new here
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by stinechykee: 3:41pm On May 15, 2016
helpee:
no. it is not the duty of wike to take him to court. wike has petitioned efcc. let them at least investigate. Afterall they exonerated UMAR without taking him to court. they should do the same to wike. tell me why is efcc disturbing shekarau now. afterall he stole kano money. why not allow the state prosecute him. you guys are something else
My friend why are you wasting your precious time on this Zombies
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by buchilino(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2016
Lordave:
So it's no more the toothless EFCC and Daura Secret Service (DSS) that should prosecute persons but their successors?

Chei, Daura-Dullard Cowboys never cease to amaze me with their illogical hypocrisy!

HAHAHAHA.... LIKE UR SENSE OF HUMOR

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Teobaba(m): 3:49pm On May 15, 2016
Please in this post and in the findings of the writer where was Amaechi indicted, PDP and it's allies know you can't pull Amaechi down
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by 3sha4lyf: 3:56pm On May 15, 2016
IAN CAMERON remains David Cameron's father, even though he was fingered in the Panama Papers for having a Panama Trust Investment, of which Cameron benefitted from the Trust.

I don't support bad thing/corruption but Cameronis No1. Crook! He never paid back the taxes he evaded. So putting up the Buhari's ally is corrup is like pot calling kettle black.

My 2-cents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun: I’m Not A Political Emperor With Entitlement Mentality / Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS / Re: Army Shuns Southern Officers, Deploy Northern Commanders To South-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.