Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,252 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:15 PM

Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike (28205 Views)

Shia Muslim Group Rejects FG Move To Disobey Court Order On Zakzaky / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates / Labour To Proceed On Strike Tomorrow Over Fuel Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 15, 2016
Only enemies of Nigeria will want fuel subsidy to continue, good riddance to fuel subsidy. Time to fix our refineries is now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by nortcentrallord(m): 2:58pm On May 15, 2016
Josegun:
I wonder what is their problem with subsidy, they should allow that sector to run on its own with little regulations and watch the price crashed. Telecommunication is a good case study and it's still crashing.

NEPA to PHCN is another good example. Oh! How constant light has become in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by bigtt76(f): 2:59pm On May 15, 2016
Because they're the ones reaping from it naaaaa! #uselessPeople

Josegun:
I wonder what is their problem with subsidy, they should allow that sector to run on its own with little regulations and watch the price crashed. Telecommunication is a good case study and it's still crashing.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nairadays: 2:59pm On May 15, 2016
NLC fight for minimum wage increase. Forget fuel subsidy, were done with that chapter.

What made your former leaders famous might not make you the current leader famous.

If it is subsidy wahala NLC's exco is waiting for to flex their muscle, then am sorry; your gragra aggression is dead on arrival because this subsidy decision has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 15, 2016
Why will the join the strike when the are paying their workers peanuts and still want them to work to death.

Employers have spoken as expected,now we want employees to speak.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by thundafire: 3:00pm On May 15, 2016
GEJ is finally having the last laugh ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by paking(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2016
NLC are on their own I'm not joining any strike. I'm happy to be done with this subsidy once and for all.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Chukazu: 3:01pm On May 15, 2016
useless NLC.
when it reach time for struggle and protest, they call private sector
but when it reach to share their largesse they won't remember private sector

if government decides to increase the minimum wage, you enjoy alone, you don't bother to ask if private sector employees are getting same benefits...rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by diportivo: 3:02pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

What we need NLC to do is to fight to;

3. Fight RMAFC & Wages commission to a standstill so there is income parity among go establishments

NASS is living large, their budget (which takes 25% of recurrent expenditure??) is shrouded in secrecy, that one is o battle we need to fight.

The fight shld include NASS members receiving mininum wage also

Na 2 heads dem get?

Governors do a max of 8years and collect bogus pensions.....some even den go to the senate,collect bogus allocations plus the pensions....

Civil servants work for 35years and barely av enuff to live on

Greedy politicians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by BioToure(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2016
Only God can deliver this country
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by modath(f): 3:02pm On May 15, 2016
amaechi1:

My brother, may God bless you every seconds of your life.

Ayam ya sista!!! The (f) is not a figment of my imagination... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 15, 2016
Why is nairaland mods hell-bent on twisting headlines to suit their oga at aso rock?

Vanguard said employers while nairaland twisted it to employees. who ever that expect an employer to sanction any strike must be a dunce so we expect them to kick against it.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by nortcentrallord(m): 3:07pm On May 15, 2016
emerged01:
They are crying minimum wage,what should we cry for,we the private companies' employees?

Don't cry for anything because the body which you are under won't protest for anything.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Bethelwealthy(m): 3:07pm On May 15, 2016
Josegun:
speak with your mouth and not your anus brof. Dont ever compare Telephony, or what you called communication with energy or fuel. Tell me how many things communication affects the way fuel, or specifically, petrol affect? Lack of knowledge is a disease, a very terrible disease. Ask around the world and you will be surprised that even the biggest economies still subsidize essential commodities foe its citizens yet ignorant individuals who call themselves youths but lack wisdom argue what they know little or nothing about. Saudi subsidizes petrol 100% yet there is no hike. instead of us to address the self-interest that is bringing these incessant deliberate suffering on the masses, we are here supporting death sentwnce on the innocent masses. You forgot that the price of petrol is a function of international market forces, if the prices gies so high, with subsidy removal, we are in danger. also, if the govt refuse to build new refineries, we are at the mercies of foreigners that sells to us. Do you know how many years it took before Telephony prices came this down? how many companies, lives and dreams would have folded up before that time since petrol affect virtually every aspect of our social and economic life. guy, learn and grow, not just talk.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Tosman12(m): 3:08pm On May 15, 2016
tuale4u:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-hike-fg-begs-nlc-planned-nationwide-strike/

This means banks may not Join strike.

why will they join when they ar made up of capitalist. who have they helped in the so call private sector. the country is not ripe for democrazy joor. some useless pple will just come out acting as if they ar fighting for d masses while its for their own selfish interest. i have never heard of this association b4, pea nuts paying private sectors. angry
tuale4u:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-hike-fg-begs-nlc-planned-nationwide-strike/

This means banks may not Join strike.

why will they join when they ar made up of capitalist. who have they helped in the so call private sector. the country is not ripe for democrazy joor. some useless pple will just come out acting as if they ar fighting for d masses while its for their own selfish interest. i have never heard of this association b4, pea nuts paying private sectors.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:08pm On May 15, 2016
Modath mylove kiss kiss kiss each time I read your posts I always wish I can marry you so we will have all the time in the world to debate, argue and analyse issues as it happens worldwide.

You are always my EverydayWomanCrush kiss

modath:

No mind the jegudu jera! Qatar,UAE,Kuwait with a fraction of our population are not smiling as it is now, don't even get me started on Venezuela, and blood those ones dey cry!!

What we need NLC to do is to fight to;

1. Ensure min wage can get the basics: 30-35k.

2. Follow the 350bn capital spending bumper to bumper so we don't end up subsidising corruption in another guise.

3. Fight RMAFC & Wages commission to a standstill so there is income parity among go establishments.

4. Enforce due process in recruitment young graduates without connection won't all be relegated to recharge card sales or fish pond or poultry farming because the elites have taken all the posts with "juice" & left the chaffs..

I doubt they can get just one of these done though, they are but toothless canines!!

They played dead when job seekers got death in exchange for their 1k, Abba "mass murderer" Moro is still walking free.

Subsidy probe of 2012 eventually turned into a farce!

NASS is living large, their budget (which takes 25% of recurrent expenditure??) is shrouded in secrecy, that one is o battle we need to fight.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Ejehjoe(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2016
Logical Reason!
Chief Joseph is a petroleum importer. He imports 10 million litre of petrol at the of cost of N95 per litre.

He report to the DPR that he has imported 15 million litres at the cost of N105 per litre, requesting N30 subsidy per litre.

DPR sends Mr. Yusif a inspection and monitoring officer, to measure and verify the authenticity of the claims.

Chief Joseph offered Mr. Yusif a bribe of the applied subsidy in liew of 1 million liters, which Yusif reject instantly, requesting that of 3million liters so that, it can comfortably go round to his bosses.

Apparently they ended up agreeing on 2.5m liters each. The deal is strucked, Mal. Yusif and his Bosses ended up with N75,000,000 while Joseph, the importer gain N400,000,000 on the deal They jointly cheated the government the sum of N175,000,000.

Finally Chief Joseph divert 75% of the product to the black market and sell at N120 per liter to the masses. Later the government will also pay the cost of transporting 15 million liters to the allocated filling stations across the country.

Thats exactly the case of petroleum subsidy in Nigeria. So isn't it better for the government to invest those savings of hundreds of Billions of Naira wasted every year on subsidy, on life touching projects?
It will be an act of foolishness for us to continue to subsidise petrol and and peg the price at a ridiculously lower rate much more lower than all our neighbours where the product is being smuggled to.

What will happen in that circumstance is that fuel will be diverted to where profit will be maximised and the diverters will still collect subsidy. The masses in which the subsidy is targeted at will suffer on queue or buy at prices far higher than the subsidised rate......They will also suffer from extremely dilapidated infrastructures whose money has been diverted to fund subsidy.

Deregulation, therefore, is for the masses. In the short run, they will feel the effect. Although, they will see growth in infrastructures and social welfare of the government. And in the long run, the benefit will become total and pains will disappear because price will fall ridiculously and the market will stabilise.

We cannot be subsidise for greedy marketers at N87 while our neighbours sell as follows:

Niger......N190
Cameroun. .....N200
Ghana..............N198
Chad.................N180
Benin.................N190

So how on earth are we going to get fuel at N87? It is just criminally natural that there will be diversion, Scarcity, pains and corruption because the marketers will outsmart us all!

Although, it is N28 in Saudi Arabia but they have about 20 functional refineries with high capacity. We never built in the surplus days, neither did we upgrade the obsolete ones. It is N128 in the USA despite their enormous infrastructures in the oil sector.

But I saw a friend post. He stays in the UK. He was lamenting and inciting people against the government for embarking on deregulation. I know him very well as a fantastic Wailer. So I told him "what's your point?"....he said "the price is just too high".....I said "how much"....'N145' he replied. Then I asked him "how much is petrol in the UK?"...He didn't reply me. I waited for 1hr to no avail. I then sent him this....

"S***i, you are an hypocrite and your conscience is the prison I will condemn you into. Petrol is over N300 where you live in London and you are busy saying nonsense to your people at home. You're a big shame and I'm really sorry for you."

He replied "LOL"

I said "I wish you the same".

Shared

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by emerged01(m): 3:10pm On May 15, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Don't cry for anything because the body which you are under won't protest for anything.
Good! Everybody should bear the change.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 15, 2016
If you don't know what we will be facing with the current fuel price, you will understand that we need a protest, why must we pay for what some people enjoyed and saved to their treasuries? Here: there will be high cost of food stuffs, fares, school fees, the children school bus fare will increase, people will steal to survive , crime rate will increase, what has the government been offering, any child supports? No, housing supports ? No. They collect and not give back to the masses, what fantastically corrupt country of buharijagabanameachifashola gbogbotigbo set of polithieves

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by nortcentrallord(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2016
Rubbish. Zombies supporting this group will suffer most under this administration.

Is NLC against subsidy removal or they are against the price set.

This is the basic question right thinking Nigerians should ask themselves. How did they arrive @ 143? The good thing about all these is, even if nobody joins the NLC on Wednesday to protest, one thing is sure. When it rains, it will rain both on the good and the bad. The biting effect and eventual killing effect of these fake policies will eat away both the wailers and the zombies but because the wailers have seen the future, the wise once will be prepared so they will survive while zombies will be led to a definite end.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by greatjoey: 3:14pm On May 15, 2016
investnotspend:

I said it this would be the most dissapointing strike ever embarked upon by NLC , instead of them to fight for minimum wage increment they fighting for subsidy, useless set of ppl

Oga, this is not an issue of subsidy but a sheer issue of hike in price of petrol which will invariably affect you and I. osinbajo clared the air yesterday that the government had not removed subsidy. The government is only playing pranks on us.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Tosman12(m): 3:14pm On May 15, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

speak with your mouth and not your anus brof. Dont ever compare Telephony, or what you called communication with energy or fuel. Tell me how many things communication affects the way fuel, or specifically, petrol affect? Lack of knowledge is a disease, a very terrible disease. Ask around the world and you will be surprised that even the biggest economies still subsidize essential commodities foe its citizens yet ignorant individuals who call themselves youths but lack wisdom argue what they know little or nothing about. Saudi subsidizes petrol 100% yet there is no hike. instead of us to address the self-interest that is bringing these incessant deliberate suffering on the masses, we are here supporting death sentwnce on the innocent masses. You forgot that the price of petrol is a function of international market forces, if the prices gies so high, with subsidy removal, we are in danger. also, if the govt refuse to build new refineries, we are at the mercies of foreigners that sells to us. Do you know how many years it took before Telephony prices came this down? how many companies, lives and dreams would have folded up before that time since petrol affect virtually every aspect of our social and economic life. guy, learn and grow, not just talk.

God bless u. this government is not sincere one bit and nigerians are walking into a trap that will never be reversed and the ordinary nigerian will suffer for it. imagine ur expence doubled and ur income stagnant.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 15, 2016
The current NLC does not in anyway represent the long suffering people of this country, they are just a bunch of self centered nobodies trying to capitalize on the suffering of the masses to achieve their selfish motives just like that man before them.
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:16pm On May 15, 2016
Clearly, you just renewed your subscription for Stupidity.
And in all your Majestic foolishness, you think your case study Saudi can continue to sustain some of these subsidies? Guess you were away at the Psychiatric Hospital when Saudi declared it will be taking a loan for the first time after many decades. What about Venezuela that enjoyed much subsidy during Hugo Chavez time. Doesn't that tell you that the Oil price glut is having a far reaching effect on all Oil Producers?
Bethelwealthy:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by nortcentrallord(m): 3:16pm On May 15, 2016
greatjoey:

Oga, this is not an issue of subsidy but a sheer issue of hike in price of petrol which will invariably affect you and I. osinbajo clared the air yesterday that the government had not removed subsidy. The government is only playing pranks on us.

A Lot of Nigerians are confused my brother. Half education is very dangerous. I wonder what has happened to some people's ability to think in Nigeria.
Oh! Nigeria my Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 15, 2016
N

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by ogawisdom(m): 3:18pm On May 15, 2016
Josegun:

Y has d price of diesel nt crashed since after deregulation, if nt dt Govt pegged fuel at 145 if total deregulation is implemented fuel will sell for over 400 a liter given d free fall of naira against dollar.

Our economy is tied to fuel n if left for only market forces to determine price then d economy will suffer
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2016
STFU and go and join the protest. Quit all these your NL rants. Action Mr Northcentralanimal
nortcentrallord:
Rubbish. Zombies supporting this group will suffer most under this administration.

Is NLC against subsidy removal or they are against the price set.

This is the basic question right thinking Nigerians should ask themselves. How did they arrive @ 143? The good thing about all these is, even if nobody joins the NLC on Wednesday to protest, one thing is sure. When it rains, it will rain both on the good and the bad. The biting effect and eventual killing effect of these fake policies will eat away both the wailers and the zombies but because the wailers have seen the future, the wise once will be prepared so they will survive while zombies will be led to a definite end.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 15, 2016
Tosman12:

God bless u. this government is not sincere one bit and nigerians are walking into a trap that will never be reversed and the ordinary nigerian will suffer for it. imagine ur expence doubled and ur income stagnant.
i suspect lies when tinubu of all people said he's in support of the policy. I smell thieves around

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by ekpnigeria: 3:20pm On May 15, 2016
lets watch and see. easier said than done. Let the strike start first

I am sure some folks are still campaigning right here
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by masseratti: 3:20pm On May 15, 2016
otokx:
When I heard the NLC man saying shut down market I laughed, its like he wants to get the beating of his life.
no mind am,the strike is uncalled for,I Dont know why they Dont call for strikes on govt spendings,both NAss and executive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Fails To Stop Trial: Set To Be Arraigned Today / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) / Fayose Wins 2017 Silverbird TV Man Of The People Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.