Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,960 members, 7,873,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

International Day Of The Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / International Day Of The Family (507 Views)

How Your Birth Position In The Family Can Influence Your Personality / See The Family Portrait Which Has Gone Viral / The Family That Had Sextuplets Six Years Ago Just Recreated The Viral Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Day Of The Family by ESheriff1(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2016
I woke-up today and (Thanks to my itel device and it's fantastic calendar) behold I saw a notification of the 'International Day of the Family' before i even heard of it anywhere else, I was first amazed at such great stunt my phone could pull-through -I discovered it got the info from the clouds on sync, and I was also happy it was a Sunday-my sleep day.

But beyond this early morning euphoria, the event so notified pushed my mind into a deep reflection on what significance the family really holds in the 21st century where the odds and defiant values of a time are fast becoming norms and symbols of high-valued civilization . Of all the menaces plaguing the family as a social unit/institution I casted my mind particularly at the speedily growing trend of so-called 'Baby Mama' and 'Baby Daddy' ,which is a very unhealthy unit for proper socialization, especially pervasive among high-classed individuals and celebrities regarded by the world as epitomes of success and are supposed mentors or role models of many. This crop of people are inadvertently distorting the original model of what the family should be. Other than them, ordinary people mostly those who hold them in very high-esteem, are trailing this vicious path as evidenced by appalling statistical estimates of the acute rate of premature and premarital sex and consequent unplanned or unwanted pregnancy rates the world over. While on this, I must also appreciate the fact that other factors like dangerous customs and traditions especially in this part of the world, also contribute to the statistics but the phenomenon under focus appears to lead the list. I can't fully exhaust my thoughts on a single webpage.

The UN's designation of this day as 'the international day of family' is apt and affords us an opportunity to raise awareness of the growing threats the family is under and mobilize efforts to stem the tides for a better future. I hope things really improve. I wish you a happy international day of family and a fantastic week ahead.

Am still pretty stunned at my itel phone though. shocked
Re: International Day Of The Family by ESheriff1(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2016
ObiOrji1:
yeah...I've experienced it though.... itel mobile has qualities more Dan u can think
Hmmm... was really surprised. .
Re: International Day Of The Family by tonynwasokwu: 8:18am On May 21, 2016
Thank's for the insight into the immoral life by the so called mentors, never the less great phone with great feature.

(1) (Reply)

Top Relationship Problems And Solutions: Pls Share Your Problems / Nigerian Woman Drowns, Her Children Rescued While Trying To Cross To Europe. / Eclipse Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.