Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,900,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:02 PM

I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. (1118 Views)

Photos From My Present Tomatoe Farm / Photos Of Tuta Absoluta(tomatoe Ebola) In My Farm / Opinion: Immediate Solution To Tomato Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by bigcil2(m): 3:40pm On May 15, 2016
If you have soil at your back yard , if you have animal dung , and if you're patient enough for like 90days grin

Then do the following:::

Plant tomatoe in your Backyard and stop complaining.

Be innovative for chikes sake.

In the meantime buy Tomatoe paste, cook less of stew (My Yoruba Bros and sis this might be complicated but not impossible)
Learn how to cook soups that goes with rice , and you won't feel the scarcity at all.

P.S
It's not a law that most things you cook must have tomatoes.

Remain blessed grin
Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by shukrawberry(f): 3:54pm On May 15, 2016
na tomato paste sure pass...I jes hope they won't reduce quality and quantity and increase price

1 Like

Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by jaymichael(m): 4:39pm On May 15, 2016
Na Igbo people go feel am pass. Yorubas can cook stew without tomatoes, even paste sef no go dey. Put ata gbige or ata rodo plus lots of Alubosa (onions) plus shombo pepper (optional) obe ata or stew don ready. I have cooked stew so many times without tomatoes.
I remembered what one of my friends (oyin) told me some years back, "if Nigeria begin import pepper, na Yoruba people chop our pepper finish" We yorubas can eat pepper for the world.
Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by Ademat7(m): 4:50pm On May 15, 2016
3month from now that's till August,OP time difference!!!
mind u we ll hv supplus by then but what we r clamouring is immediate solution, as as stated here
https://www.nairaland.com/3090266/opinion-immediate-solution-tomato-scarcity
while we prevent reoccurrence of this scarcity
Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by vanpeele: 5:06pm On May 15, 2016
bigcil2:
If you have soil at your back yard , if you have animal dung , and if you're patient enough for like 90days grin

Then do the following:::

Plant tomatoe in your Backyard and stop complaining.

Be innovative for chikes sake.

In the meantime buy Tomatoe paste, cook less of stew (My Yoruba Bros and sis this might be complicated but not impossible)
Learn how to cook soups that goes with rice , and you won't feel the scarcity at all.

P.S
It's not a law that most things you cook must have tomatoes.

Remain blessed grin

May the God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all) continue to bless you.

You don finish work.
Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by bigcil2(m): 6:04pm On May 15, 2016
vanpeele:

May the God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all) continue to bless you.

You don finish work.
Amen.... Which one do you mean by I don finish work undecided
Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by bigcil2(m): 6:13pm On May 15, 2016
Ademat7:
3month from now that's till August,OP time difference!!!
mind u we ll hv supplus by then but what we r clamouring is immediate solution, as as stated here
https://www.nairaland.com/3090266/opinion-immediate-solution-tomato-scarcity
while we prevent reoccurrence of this scarcity
But why should there be scarcity in the first place. I am ridiculously bewildered and totally flabbergasted that a nation with great mineral resources and good soil be it in the North or South be suffering from scarcity of Solanum lycopersicum aka Red Ball , aka Tomatoes
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Why can't made Nigerians, business moguls focus on agriculture. There are three main things that humans have been living on and will continue living on, no matter how many we circulate the sun, that is FOOD, Shelter and Clothing.
I'm disappointed sad
Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by vanpeele: 6:31pm On May 15, 2016
bigcil2:

Amen.... Which one do you mean by I don finish work undecided

What you said was the truth. Nigerians like complaining but make no effort to help themselves....only a few

1 Like

Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by Ademat7(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2016
bigcil2:

But why should there be scarcity in the first place. I am ridiculously bewildered and totally flabbergasted that a nation with great mineral resources and good soil be it in the North or South be suffering from scarcity of Solanum lycopersicum aka Red Ball , aka Tomatoes
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Why can't made Nigerians, business moguls focus on agriculture. There are three main things that humans have been living on and will continue living on, no matter how many we circulate the sun, that is FOOD, Shelter and Clothing.
I'm disappointed sad
d world is a global village,agric is not an obligation as against our forefather's believe now we view it from Biz angle. I've said it that we need sound govt policy and realistic one at that
imagine Nigeria as biblical Egypt where they hv abundance and scarcity period only policy can help....

1 Like

Re: I Have Found A Solution To Tomatoe Scarcity. by bigcil2(m): 7:19am On May 16, 2016
Ademat7:
d world is a global village,agric is not an obligation as against our forefather's believe now we view it from Biz angle. I've said it that we need sound govt policy and realistic one at that
imagine Nigeria as biblical Egypt where they hv abundance and scarcity period only policy can help....
Medieval Egypt Bro... This shouldn't occur. Nigerians love lazy money, we love buying and selling. Bank will give you loan if you are a car dealer faster than if you're into agriculture. Nigerians don't like producing, we love important and export and that is one of the major reasons the naira is devalued from day to day.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Lettuce And Green Bean Sold In Wholesale? / Plantain Farming Business / Let Us Go To Songhai To Learn Integrated Farming System!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.