Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,771 members, 7,921,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:52 AM

Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader (1061 Views)

"Nnamdi Kanu Still Our Leader, Disregard Fake News" - IPOB / Where Is The Former Vice-president Nnamadi Sambo? Is He Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by abeniagbon(m): 6:15pm On May 15, 2016
What do you think is going to come out of Nnamadi kanu detention issues with government. If I were him and I read this comment . I should have this in my mind that there are still more fight for kanu if he finally gain freedom with the IPOB leader.

Read what Debe son of Ojukwu said :

www.benablogs.com/2016/05/nnamdi-kanu-is-not-our-leader-says-debe.html
Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by medpren: 6:25pm On May 15, 2016
'Nnamdi Kanu is our true leader'-IPOB replies Imposter Debe.

naijaheadlines.com/agency/daily-post/20160509/757532/biafra--nnamdi-kanu-is-our-true-leader-----ipob-replies-ojukwu---s-son--debe

2 Likes

Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by fulanimafia: 6:40pm On May 15, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu is not our leader says Debe Ojukwu

DEBE, first son of the late Biafran secessionist leader and Ikemba of Nnewi, Dim Chukuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu opens up on the Biafra struggle, the crises in the family over the estate Ojukwu left behind, Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB leadership, among many other topical issues. Excerpts.

Why did the president not react to the carnage in Enugu state the same way he has always reacted to those agitating for Biafra?

The most important thing is to first identify the people. There are various ways of committing crime, and the intelligence of these criminals var­ies from one person to another. You can say that the intelligence of the herdsmen and the collusion with the security agents are more sophisticated than that of the Biafra agitators. There are many Biafra agita­tors of which I am one. I am one, but I subscribe to the legal and diplomatic agitation; not the violent agitation.

Not the IPOB agitation?

IPOB? We own IPOB . IPOB belongs to us. We formed IPOB. IPOB is not a group. IPOB means Indigenous People of Biafra, of which every Biaf­ran is a member. So it is wrong for one person to arrogate to himself who is IPOB, and who is not. What happened was that most of them were mis­informed. If you are agitating, you don’t block the roads. You must give unimpeded access for free flow of the economy. It is when you start stalling the economy that you incur the wrath of the security agencies. The law of riots and unlawful assembly is very elastic. It gives very wide powers to peace of­ficers. And by peace officers, we have magistrates, police officers and military officers of the rank of 2nd lieutenants, and ASP (Assistant Superintendent of Police) upwards. It says when you perceive that an assembly is likely to be riotous, you read the proclamation. When he has made the proclamation, he gives them 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, they can use tear gas first, and after that, if it persists, they can use arms. That is why we are suing for referen­dum, because we want to know those people that are interested to be Biafrans.

But some people say the pacifist ap­proach you want to adopt will take you no­where.

The problem there is that as far as we are con­cerned, Nigeria is a child of peaceful negotiation. Nigeria was under colonial masters, and you cannot tell me that it was a stroll in the park for the indepen­dence agitators to wrest freedom from Britain. They did a lot of constitutional conferences; they went to London, argued, joked, used wits to get indepen­dence. I never read in history that Zik bore arms against the British government. It was a diplomatic warfare. We had a civil war which cost us about four million people. We don’t have to be myopic. Our group has succeeded in being given observer status at the UN and AU.
But your leader has been in detention for several months?

[size=14pt]Nnamdi Kanu is not our leader. It is a miscon­ception.[/size]

Who is your leader?

The leader of IPOB is Chief Justice Eze Ozobu, the former chief judge of Enugu State. The next in command to him is Dr Dozie Ikedife. Then we have Col Achuzia. We have many people involved in that. It was that body that set up Radio Biafra. Radio Biafra is part and parcel of what we are do­ing.

But Nnamdi Kanu is a director of radio Biafra?

Yes he is, but not the head of IPOB. The thing is that media has its potency. And because of his vis­ibility; people were talking to him and he was talk­ing to them. That was why he became very popular. And he used that to assume leadership.

But the Publicity Secretary of IPOB, Emma Powerful and other officials always address him as their leader?

He is not the Publicity Secretary. All those people were just given positions to make them relevant. The main IPOB under Eze Ozobu has a media de­partment. They were just on the verge of creating those positions. They were very careful in creating those bodies because they were wary of this kind of thing. It is exactly those fears that have finally manifested?

Is IPOB factionalized?

You can say IPOB is factionalized. MASSOB is also part of IPOB. IPOB is for everybody that sub­scribes to the idea of Biafra. That does not mean we don’t have that leadership role.

So what are you doing to secure Kanu’s release from detention?

He came to Nigeria. He was very insulting on air to the Nigerian people. If he had submitted himself to the elders, the elders would have advised caution.

Is it because he strayed that the elders are not helping to secure his release?

The issue is whether he has committed an of­fence. And the government is insisting he has com­mitted an offence. So you cannot go and tell the government, ok you must release him because he is our son. What we should be asking for is speedy and proper trial. After the trial, if it is proven that he committed an offence; well, there is nothing we can do. He could have stayed in England to lambast the administration, and nothing will happen to him. He didn’t take the advice of the elders.

How best do you remember your late father?

I remember him, especially for the few private moments we shared. Very few and far in between, but then, very rich. And it was those things that he taught me that have today become an armour. Those things that were thought to be very innocu­ous, very simple, are the things that are helping me, and have really helped me to put my head high and survive many of the travails.

With the renewed clamour for Biafra and the activities of IPOB, do you think he is turning uneasily in his grave or sleeping peacefully?

No; he won’t be turning in his grave because the best thing was his intendment on Biafra. He said his people would be better protected in Biafra, and I share the same sentiments. That’s why any where you see me, I will always tell you I am for Biafra. But I am not for violent Biafra, because what I will not subscribe to is the further decimation of our people

1 Like

Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by omenka(m): 7:56pm On May 15, 2016
See the way they avoided this thread like a handshake from someone with leprosy. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2016
Okay
Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by malton: 9:46pm On May 15, 2016
grin

Sensible somebody
Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by johnmartus(m): 10:02pm On May 15, 2016
he has got to where he will spend the rest of his life criminal warlord cheesy
Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by PFRB: 10:03pm On May 15, 2016
Ojukwu never listed this guy as one of his children. Who is this guy. It appears this guy is one of the agents of Buhari.The only tag he draws to himself is son of Ojukwu. Where did Ojukwu call him his son.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by johnmartus(m): 10:05pm On May 15, 2016
PFRB:
Ojukwu never listed this guy as one of his children. Who is this guy. It appears this guy is one of the agents of Buhari.The only tag he draws to himself is son of Ojukwu. Where did Ojukwu call him his son.
you can say it again
Re: Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader by papparatzzi2013: 10:37pm On May 15, 2016
SO the lunatic bleaching yellow pawpaw aka Our Dilector, was actually an impersonator and usurper.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

If Buhari Had Won In 2003.... / Militants Give Soldiers 72-hour Ultimatum To Leave Niger Delta / See The Newly Built Bus Park At Iyana Oworo By Lagos State Government (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.