Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,670 members, 7,892,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:06 PM

FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ (20361 Views)

Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana / Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation / Femi Falana On Channels TV Today: 7 Points He Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by ArmaniUhuru: 8:09am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
Even if tomatoes sells for 5k and a satchet of pure water goes for 100 naira, we will vote buhari again in 2019 as long as he keeps jailing looters and recovering their loots sad

undecided

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Nobody: 8:13am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
Even if tomatoes sells for 5k and a satchet of pure water goes for 100 naira, we will vote buhari again in 2019 as long as he keeps jailing looters and recovering their loots sad

How many has been jailed since the inception of this administration..... ... If I talk angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by back2sender: 8:16am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
I stand with buhari. Children of hate please note
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by solar2005(m): 8:20am On May 16, 2016
Mr Falz, sorry Falana, remains one of the voices of the masses remaining in this country.
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Ijaya123: 8:20am On May 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

I av told u b4, nobody prays 4 PMB to fail. He is already failing, prayers or not. The same reason he was booted out in 1985, is d same thing that is playing out. Where he grounded d economy.

It's just sad, that Nigerians chose someone who failed in his first time as head of state and 30 years after, we voted d same person. Carrying us 30years backward. This is not a thing of PDP or APC. The choice really showed our shallow mentality as Nigerian citizens...
It's sad.

Quit posting what you know nothing about. It was when he was booted out then that our economy took a turn for the worse.

Ask your parents to lecture you properly.

1 Like

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by neocortex: 8:20am On May 16, 2016
Falana is a learner to think that $200 billion dollar exists somewhere and
can be recovered.

2 Likes

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by 1KauraNYI: 8:21am On May 16, 2016
Naughtysite:
I am sorry to say that this government is focusing on the wrong things.

1. Nigeria is losing about $40m daily owing to the President's insistence to prosecute certain ex militants, before which nobody heard of pipeline bombings.

2. The gains made in the agricultural sector by the past minister of agriculture under Jonathan has been eroded. In 2013/2014 garri sold for 8 cups N100, now its 3 cups for N100. Why cant Buahri empower farmers directly like Jonathan did ? Do we import Garri, yam or pepper ? Why is staple food such made from cassava so costly today ?

3. Its a shame that worms are eating up tomatoes in the north eroding the abundant harvest of the farm produce experienced about 6 months backwards such that Dangote had to shut his tomato paste factory, Ymodulus has to import tomatoes from cameroun. Does it mean that the Federal ministry of Agriculture does not have a Research Department to produce chemicals to combat ordinary worms ?

4. The loan they packaged in China has little flexibility. Its like saying i give you loan but you must use it to buy my product. That is what China did to Buahri. Its a pity he had to accept. Today, his economic team is discussing taking another loan from IMF.

5. Apart from oil, what else is Nigeria exporting ? Almost nothing. How do we strenghten the naira without exports ? They keep singing economic diversification like a song yet they do nothing about it. The truth is Agriculture is the strongest link to economic diversification. If you cant produce food in excess, you wont have what to export. Who knows how much was budgeted to agriculture and the brain at the ministry that will make things work ?

6. Businesses are groaning. Most businesses have lost about 70% of their turnover owing to dwindling patronage. What incentives are businesses being offered to survive these trying times ? Absolutely nothing.

7. Nigeria has alot money to recover from past stealing politicians. How many of them are being prosectued ? Only those under PDP who shared PDP campaign funds. Not even up to half of them though. What happens to the thieves under APC ?

What much should we expect from someone who said fulani herdsmen are from libya, blames Jonathan for scarcity of fuel in petrol stations and PHCN power outage ?
.I feel your pain. May God see us through!
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by slap1(m): 8:26am On May 16, 2016
Naughtysite:

1. Nigeria is losing about $40m daily owing to the President's insistence to prosecute certain ex militants, before which nobody heard of pipeline bombings.

2. The gains made in the agricultural sector by the past minister of agriculture under Jonathan has been eroded. In 2013/2014 garri sold for 8 cups N100, now its 3 cups for N100. Why cant Buahri empower farmers directly like Jonathan did ? Do we import Garri, yam or pepper ? Why is staple food such made from cassava so costly today ?

3. Its a shame that worms are eating up tomatoes in the north eroding the abundant harvest of the farm produce experienced about 6 months backwards such that Dangote had to shut his tomato paste factory, Ymodulus has to import tomatoes from cameroun. Does it mean that the Federal ministry of Agriculture does not have a Research Department to produce chemicals to combat ordinary worms ?

4. The loan they packaged in China has little flexibility. Its like saying i give you loan but you must use it to buy my product. That is what China did to Buahri. Its a pity he had to accept. Today, his economic team is discussing taking another loan from IMF.

5. Apart from oil, what else is Nigeria exporting ? Almost nothing. How do we strenghten the naira without exports ? They keep singing economic diversification like a song yet they do nothing about it. The truth is Agriculture is the strongest link to economic diversification. If you cant produce food in excess, you wont have what to export. Who knows how much was budgeted to agriculture and the brain at the ministry that will make things work ?

6. Businesses are groaning. Most businesses have lost about 70% of their turnover owing to dwindling patronage. What incentives are businesses being offered to survive these trying times ? Absolutely nothing.

7. Nigeria has alot money to recover from past stealing politicians. How many of them are being prosectued ? Only those under PDP who shared PDP campaign funds. Not even up to half of them though. What happens to the thieves under APC ?

What much should we expect from someone who said fulani herdsmen are from libya, blames Jonathan for scarcity of fuel in petrol stations and PHCN power outage ?

1,000 likes
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by princejayboss: 8:42am On May 16, 2016
kolaaderin:

And let it be known that GEJ is never a better option, Nigerians has no better option to replace a damaged beyond repair I B so we are left with PMB. We are watching till 2019 if PDP or any other strong party could provide a better alternative to him, until then we better start supporting his government for a better Nigeria.

You expect different result from an application that failed on so many try.... Africa really need to be re-colonized.... Worst deceit is self deceit.... Nigeria is heading Venezuela direction if we keep celebrating stupidity because of party/tribal affiliation....

Osibanjo said subsidy was not removed while the ministry of petroleum said the subsidy was removed.... Does this show this administration understand what they came for?

The earlier we understand that PMB has nothing to offer the better for us
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Aiykegenihus: 8:43am On May 16, 2016
embarassed
moshmusth:
Falana should be awarded GCON grand comedian of the year... it is worthy to note Mr Falana that the highest indebtors are not 3rd world countries like us but super power like America and co so he should stop ranting.

The economy and government need urgent attention to arrest the worrisome situation we found ourselves not the recovered loot which is a long process..

NB .. don't quote or misquote me
kisswen u talk frm yur anus n still wnt pple not to tell u dt u shud talk frm yur mouth n shit frm yur anus.

1 Like

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by 989900: 8:47am On May 16, 2016
Ijaya123:

Quit posting what you know nothing about. It was when he was booted out then that our economy took a turn for the worse.

Ask your parents to lecture you properly.

Actually, Shagari and his cohorts (Ciroma, Dikko, Mo' Hassan, Alex Ekwueme) with Prof. Pat Utomi as special assistant collapsed the economy.
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Apostleisaac1: 8:51am On May 16, 2016
Islie:

http://www.punchng.com/fg-replies-falana-recover-200bn-looted-funds-advice/

Thanks to Mr. Femi Falana S.A.N for fighting for the masses. It is people like
Him we need in this country particularly at this crucial time in Nigeria. Shame to PMB and his so-called change pandemic. #WEDONTNEEDSUCHCHANGEINNIGERIA
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by 989900: 9:08am On May 16, 2016
Naughtysite:

You will be correct if Buhari is to blame for fall in oil prices and non-diversification of the economy when we were making a 'killing' on oil @$147/barrel at some point in time.

You will also be correct if Buhari authorized the looting of the treasury.

You will also be correct still if Buhari signed the 2015 budget that we were implementing till last week when the 2016 budget was passed.

You will also be correct if Buhari is to blame for the NASS' greed in delaying the budget.

About pipeline vandalism, Buhari is to blame for not doing enough in protecting them both peacefully and forcefully; not because he insists a crooked-self-gratifying militant should come and account for impoverishing his people.

I can blame Buhari for a number of things, but almost none of the above you wrote up there.

For most of what you have up there to be true, we will need the newly passed budget to run for some couple of months without having the desired impact before we can blame Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Nobody: 9:48am On May 16, 2016
Naughtysite:

He is mainly jailing people who criticize his govt, have scores to settle with him or shared PDP campaign money.

Out of the past 36 state governors who we assume none of them stole money, how much has he recovered ? Many of them are flexing in senate or retired abroad.

Buahri be like N100 loss, he dey pursue people wey steal N5...

Let the next government after his tenures do same to him and his cohorts so that at the end Nigerian people will be the ones to gain.

1 Like

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2016
omenka:
The reply reads: Now, Falana can hold his peace while his lovely advice is being applied to work.

Thank you mr Gani Fawehinmi wannabe. smiley
Its not the way u see it! Falana has alws been there even when Ghani was still in his prime! A very sound lawyer who deliberately chose not to deploy his legal versatility in the defence of politicians who ve raped our collective patrimony. Listen to Falana, and u ll see in him a Nigerian who is passionately patriotic!
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by lordyugo: 10:33am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:

NAIRALAND MASCOTS
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by saltoftheearth: 10:38am On May 16, 2016
APC has so much confidence in their propaganda skills and using media outlet to sell lies to Nigerians. However they need to understand it is not their excessive propaganda that made Nigerians vote GEJ out. It was GEJ's several faults and his refusal to even acknowledge them as faults/wrong.
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by lordyugo: 10:41am On May 16, 2016
madridguy:
God bless Mr. Falana SAN, I wish we have more patriotic person like like him among our elites by now our problem as a Nation will be lesser.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Kano some evil people were holding some prayer session so PMB government can fall, you people will only try but won't succeed. Same fate that happened to the bunch of hypocrites that hide under the umbrella of being Alfa's in Ilorin await you people in Kano if you people continues. After collecting a role of Guinea cloth, a ram and probably a ticket to hajj and you think that is enough for you to defend a corrupt politician God Almighty will shame you all.

God Bless Mr. Falana SAN
God Bless, protect and guide PMB
God Bless Nigeria.

NAIRALAND MASCOTS
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by lordyugo: 10:41am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:

NAIRALAND MASCOTS
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by vRendoh(m): 10:49am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:

How many dem don jail?
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Kenobus: 11:13am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
Who has he jailed?
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Kenobus: 11:14am On May 16, 2016
emperorceaser:

How many has been jailed since the inception of this administration..... ... If I talk angry
No one my brother. They are just making noise. Fidelity MD is back after all the noise.

1 Like

Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Kenobus: 11:22am On May 16, 2016
I dont how and where falana saw this money. The real looters are OBJ, Atiku, Danjuma, IBB, Abdulsalami, Otedola, Tinubu, Indimi etc. Buhari should go after them. For now, Apc/Buhari are wasting time.
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by hmuhammad(m): 1:37pm On May 16, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Abooki na abooki
yamiri na yamiri
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Raziii(m): 1:42pm On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
I hail your grain o!
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by Raziii(m): 1:50pm On May 16, 2016
7lives:

And the economy was salvaged when he was booted out? you better stop discoursing what you know absolutely nothing about, anyway your endless curses can not make him fail, did you wonder why Good luck still did not win despite all the incumbency power in his possession and your endless demonic night vigils?.
ONLY GOD APPOINTS LEADERS AND HE IS NOT A BIGOT LIKE YOU AND YOUR FELLOW WAILERS.
you sure don't know the ways of God... Majority carried the vote. God didn't appoint Anybody. Jonathan didn't win because he messed up. if we don't guild this govt and weep them when they are wrong, they will fail and it has nothing to do with God. Period!
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by nonjebose(m): 7:44pm On May 16, 2016
Falana's submission is good, but recovering some of these money may take longer time than expected. FG can borrow in the short run, while recovering looted funds in the long run.
Re: FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ by 7lives: 12:46am On May 19, 2016
Raziii:
you sure don't know the ways of God... Majority carried the vote. God didn't appoint Anybody. Jonathan didn't win because he messed up. if we don't guild this govt and weep them when they are wrong, they will fail and it has nothing to do with God. Period!

You better go and read Job 20:4-29, everything that is happening now is foretold there.
I knew Buhari will win 10 days to the election, it is very easy to form Christian because we carry bible and go to church but how many of us listen when God is speaking?.
Buhari is like a Jehu, that man is a battle axe of the Lord, I hope you're not disappointed in me that how can I possibly be a Christian.
One more thing, sit down and read your bible, it helps a lot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#lagoshawkerspolicy Trending On Twitter (tweets Screenshots) / Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram / Funmilayo Ransome Kuti - Nigeria's Wonder Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.