Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,967 members, 7,890,183 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:37 AM

Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau (857 Views)

Sheikh Jafar's Assassination Files By Ibrahim Shekarau Found In Goje's House / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics) / Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by Nobody: 11:51am On May 16, 2016
By Kingsley Omonobi & Abdulsalam MuhammadKANO — Former governor of Kano State and ex-Education Minister, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, has denied receiving N25 million from the alleged N950m campaign fund shared at his residence in Kano before the 2015 general elections.

Shekarau, who spoke to the press after his release from the custody of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, in Kano said he was ready to defend himself before any judicial body or court of law.

He explained that somebody mentioned his name among top members of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who were given N25 million each to campaign for the former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He said he challenged the person that indicted him before the EFCC operatives to prove the allegation that he collected the money.

He said: “I told the EFCC that even if it is one naira that I was accused of collecting, I will not pay until it is proved.

“Whoever gives me the money should come out and explain where, when and how he gave it to me and anything short of that, I am ready to stay with the EFCC for years until the allegation is proved.”

He said the operatives had searched his house and found nothing incriminating against him, adding that they had collected his account number for further investigation.

Shekarau said he was ever ready for any investigation and would not mind if the EFCC could trace his financial transactions in the last 20 years.

He said he was not above mistake, but was ready to face any investigation and where found wanting, he would defend himself.

He said as a politician, the development would turn to blessing to him and his followers, saying this was not a new thing in politics.

The former governor called on his followers to remain calm, noting that as a believer, he must accept destiny, be it good or bad.

The former governor and top members of PDP in Kano arebeing investigated over N950million shared at his residence for the 2015 electoral campaigns.

Shekarau also described his arrest and detention by the EFCC as trial of life.

The two term former Governor of Kano said “I considered my ordeal as a normal thing for it could happened to anybody and it is only up to us to accept this in good faith.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/whoever-gave-jonathans-n950m-campaign-money-come-shekarau/
Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by Nobody: 11:52am On May 16, 2016
“I told the EFCC that even if it is one naira that I was accused of collecting, I will not pay until it is proved.

“Whoever gives me the money should come out and explain where, when and how he gave it to me and anything short of that, I am ready to stay with the EFCC for years until the allegation is proved.”

He said the operatives had searched his house and found nothing incriminating against him, adding that they had collected his account number for further investigation.
If EFCC can detain and investigate someone that was merely indicted without evidences, then why is APC and Zombies denoting that evidences must be provided before EFCC can investigate Ameachi and other indicted politicians in APC?

Truly, APC and it's proponents are just deluding suasible Nigerians and we won't condone such anymore.

5 Likes

Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by richidinho(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2016
Nobody said he gave you campaign money, your crime is that since the FG cannot deliver on their promises, kano residents are now behind you and your party

2 Likes

Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 16, 2016
richidinho:
Nobody said he gave you campaign money, your crime is that since the FG cannot deliver on their promises, kano residents are now behind you and your party
seriously, APC must be voted out, starting from Edo State gubernatorial election in sept. we won't condone their reprehensible actions anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:32pm On May 16, 2016
Shekarau is a man of integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by DaBullIT(m): 12:32pm On May 16, 2016
I need to laugh in Swedish

Lol , Is it 25M or 950M ?? eitherway , Efcc has not arrested any innocent politician since Buhari took over

and whoever said they all got 25M each should really come out and be a witness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by Stalwert: 1:01pm On May 16, 2016
watch as demented fools begin to defend a man whom they hate his ethnic group but love the corrupt from his ethnic group.
Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by youngeagle(m): 1:10pm On May 16, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if this present administration knows what is "corruption",they are just putting all there focus on stealing as if its the only way to fight corruption,go to our Universities,Judiciary,corporate bodies,the type of dishonesty acts that is going on there you will cry for this nation,those are type of anti corruption moves that will affect the masses positively not chasing shadow and PDP and you jump on a plane the next day for an anti corruption summit.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by Opinedecandid(m): 1:19pm On May 16, 2016
Hmmmm.
Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 16, 2016
youngeagle:
Sometimes I wonder if this present administration knows what is "corruption",they are just putting all there focus on stealing as if its the only way to fight corruption,go to our Universities,Judiciary,corporate bodies,the type of dishonesty acts that is going on there you will cry for this nation,those are type of anti corruption moves that will affect the masses positively not chasing shadow and PDP and you jump on a plane the next day for an anti corruption summit.
Since Buhari maintains a bias fight against corruption by mainly fighting the opposition party and his perceived adversaries, then the bureaucrats are now motivated to increase and continue with their graft practises in the civil service.
Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by youngeagle(m): 3:12pm On May 16, 2016
blueto:
Since Buhari maintains a bias fight against corruption by mainly fighting the opposition party and his perceived adversaries, then the bureaucrats are now motivated to increase and continue with their graft practises in the system.
my brother that's really bad for the growth of our nation.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 16, 2016
Re: Whoever Gave Me Jonathan’s N950m Campaign Money Should Come Out – Shekarau by smileyz16(m): 7:01pm On May 16, 2016
by d time efcc koboko touch u wella..u wil b d one to tell us yourself

(1) (Reply)

When You Shout Sai Baba In May 2016 ;D / Fuel Price Hike Is Unjustified –david West / Our Minsiters Also Need A Nap , Baba Fash Caught On Camera Sleeping In A Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.