Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,277 members, 7,970,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:13 PM

Nigeria An 'esau Nation' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria An 'esau Nation' (806 Views)

Does Tinubu And Yoruba Nation Owe Nigeria An apology? / Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression / Jonathan’s Statement That He’s Not Finished With Nigeria An Expensive Joke-muric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria An 'esau Nation' by TOBESKI15(m): 5:18pm On May 16, 2016
Listening to a Ghanian Pastor, Mensa Otabil message he preached not recently, I saw in reality that the problem of Nigeria sincerely ddnt start today. I am a fan of Buhari but I got upset when the Adminstration continued to blame the past government for the challenges we re facing today as a country. They complained that our inability to save for the raining day brought us into this wahala. But the pastor message or better still teaching educated me the more.
HE said every nation in the world is either A 'Jacob' nation or an 'Esau' nation, Every person in the world is either a 'Jacob' person or An 'Esau' person
The Message titled BY THE FUTURE was a story about ESAU and JACOB Gen 25:30-34.
Although he considered 4 aspects,1.PROPHETIC POSITIONING OF JACOB AND ESAU, 2 THERE .PRODUCTIVE SYSTEM 3.PURPOSE AND VALUE SYSTEM 4.IMPACT OF THE 3Ps on there destiny., the one that spoke basically about my dear country was the No2, THERE PRODUCTIVE SYSTEM. I culled the following from the Message.
Esau was a wild HUNTER, Wild in hebrew (strong, muscular, physically built)
*A hunter uses his physical strength to produce
*A hunter goes after one animal at a time and brings it home. Sometimes, he might not kill anything
*A hunter kills whatever he gets today and he goes tomorrow hunting for another one.
JACOB was a Mild Cultivator (Intelligent, thoughtful in mind) - He lives at home in the tent
A Cultivator works with several animal at a time.
A cultivator grows what he gets to have more, he doesn't kill them anyhow
If Jacob sees an antelope, he will run after it, gets it, will bring it home and will nurture it so he doesn't need to run to the forest the following day.
But for Esau, he would kill it and also run to the forest the following day. Infact, Jacob collects animal from Esau before he kills them and he nurtures them to produce more
HE would always come home tired with nothing to show for his hunting
Jacob multiplies what he has but Esau spends what he has once in a lifetime.
Jacob would say, give me a seed and will turn it into a forest but Esau would say, give me a forest, and I would turn it to a desert.
HE came home one day and he was hungry, he decided to sell his birthright just for red stew.
The red stew he could have cooked by himself if he had prepared for the future.
It was the animal Esau had brought home in the past that Jacob decided to keep that was been used for the stew ESAU sold his birthright for because he could not keep for the future
NO wonder when it was time for Esau to get his father blessing, he had to travel far before he could hunt but his brother who had prepare for the future, just went to the backyard out of the animal he probably collected from Esau.
Hnmn! NIGERIA, A country blessed with crude oil would still queue hours to buy the fuel (Prov 12:27)
While country like Singapore who cant boast of any mineral resources are living better that us.
Because we couldn't save for the future, we are presently facing the music.
We now depend on other countries to borrow us money before we could survive and sustain wen God actually wanted us to be the creditor. Those countries now give us conditions for borrowing. They even have reserves more than the country that owns the oil. We sold our birthright to them
We sell yam for 1naira and would pay 80kobo to buy pounded yam from our neighbours as if its a crime for us to pound our yam ourselves.
May God save us
Re: Nigeria An 'esau Nation' by seunlayi(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2016
"However, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party members described the government’s move as “laughable.”

They asked why it took the government so long to see what Jonathan saw many years ago and resolved to fix it but he was opposed.

The Minority Leader of the House, Mr. Leo Ogor, in particular, asked the government to apologise to the PDP.

The Chairman, House Committee on Public Petitions, Mr. Uzoma Nkem-Abonta, a PDP member, also called for an apology from the Buhari government."

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Know This Before You Protest Tomorrow! Nothing Like Fuel Subsidy / Kaduna State Declares Tomato Emergency / PHOTOS: Bukola Saraki And Yakubu Dogara At NILS Government Board Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.