Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,396 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:35 PM

Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? (968 Views)

Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu / For How Long Would Osinbajo Lead As Acting President? / Chantal Biya Vs Dolapo Osinbajo: A Meeting Of Two Contrasting Women (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by Validated: 10:58pm On May 16, 2016
I saw the topic below on NL. It is quite disheartening that a Pastor would be reeling out this type of lies. Why must APC deceive Nigerians?
Must you politicize everything just to be seen as working? See excerpt from the news item below.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/15/1-million-nigerians-to-receive-n5000-monthly/

DExplorer1:

This disclosure was made last night by the Senior Special Assistant for Media & Publicity to the President, Mr. Laolu Akande, in an interaction with the press in Abuja.

He gave new details and a breakdown of the interventions and palliatives, some of which he said would be starting in a matter of weeks thus:

1.*the direct payment of N5000 monthly to one million extremely poor Nigerians for 12 months as provided for in the 2016 budget for which N$68.7B has been appropriated.
2*the direct provision of very soft loan -cash for market women, men and traders, including artisans and Agric workers. This would be for a total of 1.76m Nigerians, without the requirement for conventional collateral. Some of the traders will likely get about N60,000. A total sum of N140.3B has already been appropriated for this in the budget,
3*payment of between N23,000 to N30,000 per month to 500,000 unemployed graduates who would be trained, paid and deployed to work as volunteer teachers, public health officers and extension service workers among other responsibilities.
-They would also be given electronic devices to empower them technologically both for their assignments and beyond
-similarly 100,000 artisans would also be trained and paid
N191.5B has been set aside for this in the passed budget.
4. At least 5.5 million Nigerian primary school children -ie starting first in 18 states-three per geopolitical zones-would be fed for 200 school days under the free Homegrown School Feeding Programme. N93.1B has been appropriated for this in the 2016 budget.
5. 100,000 tertiary students in Science Technology Engineering & Maths-STEM, plus Education will partake in the N5.8B already provided for this education grant in the budget. This payment would also be paid directly to the students.

When added together this year alone, more than 8 million Nigerians would be benefiting from the Social Investment budget.

Akande who works from the Office of the Vice President said the N500B social investement programmes of the Buhari administration is a ready made palliative to lift Nigerians from poverty and economic hardship...

Today is May 16, 2016, so even if these palliatives were implemented immediately, let us go through the facts around just two of the programmes to prove the LIES and vanities around the projects":

1.*the direct payment of N5000 monthly to one million extremely poor Nigerians for 12 months as provided for in the 2016 budget for which N$68.7B has been appropriated.
We have only 7 months to go for year 2016 meaning that you would only be paying 5K*1m*7mths. What data have you collected to determine beneficiaries? Why tell people you budgeted N68.5B for such a programme with a 12 months span when half year is gone?

4. At least 5.5 million Nigerian primary school children -ie starting first in 18 states-three per geopolitical zones-would be fed for 200 school days under the free Homegrown School Feeding Programme. N93.1B has been appropriated for this in the 2016 budget.

The 2015/2016 school year ends in a month or so. Assuming you are sincere on implementing this programme, it would only be done during First Term of 2016/2017 academic year. We know that a term is not more than 13 weeks. That is approx 65 school day (MAX). How did Osinbajo arrive at 200 days in 2016??

The biggest lie is the fact that these phantom programmes are being rolled out as palliative for hardship associated with fuel increase. The estimated cost in 2016 is about N500B according to Senior Special Assistant for Media & Publicity to the President, Mr. Laolu Akande. This is in addition to proposed salary increase to N45000 (minimum wages). Let us assume that for all Federal, State and LGA another N500B would be spent as salaries increase.

So in essence you are earmarking about N1Trillion as palliatives. Question is by how much would government have subsidized fuel for rest of year 2016??

If Nigerians consume about 42 million litres per day (consistently), even on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays for the rest of 2016, government would only be paying (42m Litres*N58*210 days) = N511 Billion. Does it make any sense to waste an additional N500 Billion on palliatives??
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by eshietIntrepid(m): 11:10pm On May 16, 2016
Who say they will even carry out this programmes this year.

And if they say at the end of the year that they have carried it out what make u think we will be part of the benefiaries, or even find one person that can testify to have benefited from it.

They just want to tell us at the end of the day that they have fulfilled their campaigned promises.
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by Pidggin(f): 11:13pm On May 16, 2016
Government of propaganda grin
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by emmasege: 11:18pm On May 16, 2016
Followers of this unrealistic promise would realize that the said package was never Buhari's idea but Osinbajo's. What he stands to gain from this senseless and unsustainable project still baffles me. This was similar to what the prodigal governor of Osun started and could not sustain.
Personally, I regard Osinbajo as a professor of law, and not a pastor.
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by Luckylife(m): 11:25pm On May 16, 2016
This is to tell you what politics can do to a pastor not to talk of zombies. We are in the mercy of God in this APC government. We must survive it !
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 16, 2016
Pastor / man of God ?
In this and many other cases i just don,t get it
All the same God works wonder

long live
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:47pm On May 16, 2016
I did not even bother to read that poo. The 5k they promised unemployed graduates did they implement it. We are in goverment of propaganda,by propaganda, for propaganda. Iv not seen such an unstable goverment befor. They keep coming up with new lies and denying their old ones.
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by Mynd44: 6:02am On May 17, 2016
*sighs* I guess the OP ignored the fact that
1. The budget runs from May 2016 to May 2017
2. The 2017 budget will run concurrently with the 2026 budget from January to May 2016.
3. The 2015/2016 school year ebds in july ending; that is no where near "a month or so"

Please lets get all the info before acting.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 6:23am On May 17, 2016
Because he is an end time pastor and what end time pastors do is to turn their flock into zombies.
U r blessed. Pay ur subsidy(tithe)
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by lovedatruth(m): 7:33am On May 17, 2016
May God forgive d posters above. I can see dat u ppl av so much filled urselves with lots of Negatives dat u think 'positives' can never come to our dear country. I'm so convinced in dis govt dat dey'll do well. Now I see y d last govt failed woefully-spirit of ' NEGATIVISM'.
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by Validated: 7:48am On May 17, 2016
Mynd44:
*sighs* I guess the OP ignored the fact that
1. The budget runs from May 2016 to May 2017
2. The 2017 budget will run concurrently with the 2026 budget from January to May 2016.
3. The 2015/2016 school year ebds in july ending; that is no where near "a month or so"

Please lets get all the info before acting.

With all due respect sir Nigeria Fiscal year runs from January 1 to December 31. Government however have a window of spending into the subsequent year, but ALL SUCH SPENDING MUST BE PART OF THE NEW BUDGET. In essence if these programmes were already in place from January, 2016, then you could say "yes, we have done 5 months and have 7 months to go".
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by Mynd44: 7:53am On May 17, 2016
Validated:

With all due respect sir Nigeria Fiscal year runs from January 1 to December 31. Government however have a window of spending into the subsequent year, but ALL SUCH SPENDING MUST BE PART OF THE NEW BUDGET. In essence if these programmes were already in place from January, 2016, then you could say "yes, we have done 5 months and gave 7 months to go".

Lmaooooo

Nope. The Nigerian budgetary year runs from May 1 to April 30. Seriously, we need to debate this? This is like messed up governance 101 na.

The government just said they will be changing this calender with the 2017 budget which will run from Jan-Dec 2017 while running concurrently with the 2016 budget up until that expires in May.

You can choose to believe this and go do some reading or stick with your previous points both are fine by me

Peace
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by blithe2nice(m): 8:27am On May 17, 2016
My advice to him,is to resign,because politics is not for pastors in Nigeria.They will make him lie,even if he no wan do am b4.Money won't let him resign as well.Papa Ade shud as a matter of urgency call him to order o,b4 water pass garri o.Op go and tell him what I said.I'm out of here.Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Why Would Osinbajo ... A Pastor ...keep Deceiving Nigerians? by pacino26(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2016
Power corrupts.

(1) (Reply)

We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants / Navy Arrests Militant Leaders Behind NNPC, Chevron’s Facilities’ Attacks / Ex President Jonathan: Hero Of Democracy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.