Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:51 AM

6 Young Nigerian Artistes Who Should Totally Be On Our Radar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Young Nigerian Artistes Who Should Totally Be On Our Radar (508 Views)

5 Artistes Who Chose To Do Music Even Though Their Parents Were Billionaires!! / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Young Nigerian Artistes Who Should Totally Be On Our Radar by mary2014: 9:41am On May 17, 2016
Nigerians are music lovers which makes music to most of us life and life as we all know is constantly changing.

We have been opportuned to come across brilliant musicians who in their own little way have been able to put that spark back in our lives with their music. As we all know music is a melting pot of culture and style, and these young artistes have scooped, licked and swallowed just about enough to create just about the right amount of sugar coated yet natural food kinda music, for us to enjoy.

Am I saying they would win international awards, be on stage with world renowned artistes and top Music industry executives? Hell Yes!

Here are the top 6 young Nigerian artistes that should be on our radar, who are strongly yet gradually shouting their way into a wider ocean of audience.
Please note, this list is in no particular order.

Poe: This self-identified rap artistes could only be described as gifted. His ability to create visual/mental surprises with his words, is just amazing. To be truthful, I only discovered Poe, when he featured on Saeon's De Be Cypher, and I was immediately blown away by how creatively precise, clear and just down right brilliant he penned and raped his verse to tally magically with the whole concept of the song. I thought, if he could do this, let me break my own fragile heart by seeing just how much I have missed, thus began the journey. From his features on Falz's Chardonnay music and Marry Me, to his own single, 'Adore her', Poe can only be described as the magical wand that brings every wish made come to reality. Blessed with a raw yet confident voice which he meticulously uses to drive his points home on tracks, Poe, could only described as the 'Now' rap artiste. From his ability to coin words to make them look so easy to assimilate to joining disparate words something new which eventually comes out as a masterpiece, Poe in his brilliance just made rap sound more urgent and should definitely be on the radar of any good music lover.

2. Kiss Daniel: Kiss first wormed his way into our hearts with his catchy Woju track, and of course did not stop there. He dropped the remix, which truth be told was entirely unnecessary thus leading to some of our attention waning but again, he grasp our attention again with 'Laye, Molue, and his verse on Raba.' Not stopping there, he again reaffirmed his love in all our hearts with the song mama. Kiss Daniel's music is calmingly groovy and catchy, the kind of song, you'd rather listen to, when its time to take a break and chill. His vocals are entirely his as it forms a cool and embracing circle around its listeners. With his album, 'New Era' out now, I couldn't be more excited. (Fingers crossed though)

Read more: http://tooxclusive.com/editorial/5-young-artistes-totally-radar/

Re: 6 Young Nigerian Artistes Who Should Totally Be On Our Radar by Bolugist2002: 9:43am On May 17, 2016
lovely
Re: 6 Young Nigerian Artistes Who Should Totally Be On Our Radar by vizkiz: 9:47am On May 17, 2016
I think kiss Daniel should be number one on this list

1 Like

Re: 6 Young Nigerian Artistes Who Should Totally Be On Our Radar by ourkobo: 9:48am On May 17, 2016
My fuel don finish Omo
E be like say I go park here for the main time
Re: 6 Young Nigerian Artistes Who Should Totally Be On Our Radar by Ginaz(f): 10:19am On May 17, 2016
vizkiz:
I think kiss Daniel should be number one on this list

Seconded, the guy dey try
Re: 6 Young Nigerian Artistes Who Should Totally Be On Our Radar by upsky: 10:22am On May 17, 2016
is dat all u got? ok i go wait here till u get ur free MB

(1) (Reply)

2016 BET Awards: Wizkid & Yemi Alade Nominated For Best International Act / Pres. Jonathan Pictured With Ben-bruce & Reno Omokri In London / Jebose Azuka Betrayed Me After Spending On Him-majek Fashek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.