Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,828 members, 7,872,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC (1937 Views)

Other Nigerians Should Emulate South-West Political Maturity - President Buhari / Injuction Restraining INEC From Removing Eyitayo jegede as PDP candidate / NLC Decides To Go On It The Strike Despite The Court Injuction-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by saltoftheearth: 4:51pm On May 17, 2016
The APC Government does not understand that history is not easily forgotten especially when it is repeating itself so soon. They want to stop the NLC strike with an injuction. The report below is for them and NLC as a reminder of our most recent paths as a country.

Nobody can stop the people. The voice of the people cannot be stopped with an injuction. And to say the Minister for Petroleum , President Buhari has not found it necessary to address the issues of fuel hike directly to the citizens shows his disconnection with the people he claims to lead. Indeed, HE BELONGS TO NOBODY.

ABUJA-The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has denied knowledge of any court action filed against it and therefore insists that it cannot abide by a judicial pronouncement in a matter in it was not involved. This was contained in an e-mail sent to the press last night by the NLC Acting General Secretary Comrade Owei Lakemfa. The NLC scribe Comrade Owei Lakemfa therefore urged all workers and Nigerians to ignore what it described as rumours obviously referring to a ruling by the National Industrial Court (NIC) stopping Labour from proceeding with next Monday’s strike. According to the statement: “There are rumours circulating that the Jonathan administration has purchased a black market injunction possibly from the National Industrial Court (NIC). The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) is not aware of any such injunction; we were not served any paper of court appearance; we were not present in court nor were we represented in any capacity. Also, the NLC was not served any court summons nor were we served any court order.” The NLC scribe continued: “The cretins in the Jonathan administration imagine that by seeking to drag the judiciary in the mud, they can avert the general strikes, rallies and mass protests that will begin on Monday 9th January, 2012. They cannot make the simple analysis that the whole populace is angry and that Nigerians do not need any group to ask them to protest an evil policy that seeks to impoverish them.” He asked Nigerians to ignore this childish ploy and rumour adding there is no going back on next week’s protests and shutdown. He continued:”The issue of the strikes, protests against an obnoxious policy, is not an industrial relations one; it is not between an employer and an employee. Rather it is one between the Nigerian People versus the Jonathan Government.” “So if the issue was taken before the National Industrial Court, then it is the wrong place to shop for a black market injunction. To obtain an injunction from a court that has no competent jurisdiction is to try playing ping pong with the judiciary.“ He further stated that the constitutional and fundamental right of Nigerians to protest cannot be annulled.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/nigerians-should-ignore-any-black-market-injunction-nlc/
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 17, 2016
it's time to shut the city mehn

UNN,UNEC,ESUT,IMT,ESCE and private institutions make una come out make we join labour protest...

I don tire to dey drink garri for school since may29th 2015

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by menstrualpad: 5:02pm On May 17, 2016
unmoved..... towards what? Reverting? No way! increased wages? Aye aye!
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 17, 2016
2012 news. stale

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by saltoftheearth: 5:23pm On May 17, 2016
WHEN DID THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION GET STALE? READ THE EMBOLDENED. LAW TRANSCENDS TIME. ” He asked Nigerians to ignore this childish ploy and rumour adding there is no going back on next week’s protests and shutdown. He continued:”The issue of the strikes, protests against an obnoxious policy, is not an industrial relations one; it is not between an employer and an employee. Rather it is one between the Nigerian People versus the Jonathan Government.” “So if the issue was taken before the National Industrial Court, then it is the wrong place to shop for a black market injunction. To obtain an injunction from a court that has no competent jurisdiction is to try playing ping pong with the judiciary.“ He further stated that the constitutional and fundamental right of Nigerians to protest cannot be annulled.
tuale4u:
2012 news. stale
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by 500samuel(m): 5:34pm On May 17, 2016
karma!!!
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by Anwonspee(m): 5:45pm On May 17, 2016
How is that applicable to this
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by fitzmayowa: 6:10pm On May 17, 2016
This one na 2012 news now, shey labour don lose their voice ni To tell nigerians what their plans are for the "proposed" strike...Since there is a court injunction stopping them...
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by saltoftheearth: 6:17pm On May 17, 2016
It is very applicable because we have the same legal scenario. Same court has been approached by Buhari govt just like GEJ Govt approached them back then but the strike still went on for reasons emboldened above. The case is not under the court's jurisdiction. Nigerians are watching this NLC in 3D to see their next move knowing they have a strong recent reference to bluff the FG's move. Nigerians will soon know their sincerity or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by MaziOmenuko: 7:17pm On May 17, 2016
Stale news.

As at 2012 labor could disregard court induction and get away with it because we had an unserious govt with dubious intention.

If they try it tomorrow there will be a bench warrant awaiting the chairman.
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by Realdeals(m): 7:26pm On May 17, 2016
Silly OP! action like this deserve a ban!
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by soulfood(m): 11:22pm On May 17, 2016
ZOMBIE spotted. Na so e pain una reach. like someone rightly said...KARMA. Go and Ban him now. Like your presido is Banning all opposition.
Realdeals:
Silly OP! action like this deserve a ban!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by KissCODE(m): 12:18am On May 18, 2016
tuale4u:
2012 news. stale
it is in the same court Buhari administration got their injunction to stop NLC from going on strike tomorrow.

If it didnt work in 2012 it wont work in 2016.

Thats the point

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by KissCODE(m): 12:30am On May 18, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
Stale news.

As at 2012 labor could disregard court induction and get away with it because we had an unserious govt with dubious intention.

If they try it tomorrow there will be a bench warrant awaiting the chairman.
what a SHAME!

We know this government has done all in its power to blackmail every institution to his side. I dont have a problem with it. But people like you who APC pays to lie on their behalf should know.

Power will always change hand. Eating Aisha‘s jallof rice and collecting brown envelope last december is really paying off. Kudos to u Maziomenuko.

Posterity will judge you personally soon. Just watch out.

Civil servants are crying but u guys are happy.

NLC has two factions, now i know why.

One wants strike to protect workers‘ interest while one will take TWO WEEKS to study the situation.

Shame on THIS ADMINISTRATION for not caring about those who have no control over what they earn (salary staff).

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by MaziOmenuko: 6:18am On May 18, 2016
KissCODE:
what a SHAME!

Shame on THIS ADMINISTRATION for not caring about those who have no control over what they earn (salary staff).

Irrespective of your insults, I will make my position in this debacle known to you because you seem to be disappointed in my stand.

I don't support the outrageous fuel hike, neither do I support the normal 'fire-briggade' approach of strike as threatened; history has a way of repeating itself and from the trend of all past NLC strikes, the end result will be a small adjustment in pump price (maybe to N125) and that's it! Nothing else after keeping the nation at stand still for 3-4 days.

Now see this link;

https://www.nairaland.com/3111529/fg-labour-set-up-committee

Read the details: that's how to engage the govt, talk about review of minimum wage, talk about other palliative measures from the govt if they insist on fuel hike. That is what should be done, not what the ayuba lwd faction is proposing, shutting down the country for days only to compromise later with a small reduction in due price.

Pls, next time don't insult me. I saw the emotional outbursts in ur post and that's why I took it upon myself to enlighten u further
Re: Nigerians Should Ignore Any Black Market Injuction - NLC by saltoftheearth: 8:21am On May 18, 2016
NLC was diplomatic and tried avoiding the shut down you so condemn by giving PMB government days to revert to 86:50 and increase minimum wage. Did they respond?
MaziOmenuko:

Irrespective of your insults, I will make my position in this debacle known to you because you seem to be disappointed in my stand.

I don't support the outrageous fuel hike, neither do I support the normal 'fire-briggade' approach of strike as threatened; history has a way of repeating itself and from the trend of all past NLC strikes, the end result will be a small adjustment in pump price (maybe to N125) and that's it! Nothing else after keeping the nation at stand still for 3-4 days.

Now see this link;

https://www.nairaland.com/3111529/fg-labour-set-up-committee

Read the details: that's how to engage the govt, talk about review of minimum wage, talk about other palliative measures from the govt if they insist on fuel hike. That is what should be done, not what the ayuba lwd faction is proposing, shutting down the country for days only to compromise later with a small reduction in due price.

Pls, next time don't insult me. I saw the emotional outbursts in ur post and that's why I took it upon myself to enlighten u further

(1) (Reply)

Leaders are responsible for corruption in Nigeria - A Nursery 2 pupil / See Hilarious Tweets By Official Efcc Nigeria handle / Full Text Of Nnamdi Kanu Interview With Aljazera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.