Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,539 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:15 PM

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession (72849 Views)

Nigerian Lady, Olabisi Is A Carpenter & She's Very Proud Of It (Pics) / Meet The Female Sec School Graduate Who Is A Mechanic And Is Proud Of It.PICS / PHOTOS: This Pretty Girl Is A Tomato Seller And Very Proud Of It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by RaeMystix: 11:59pm On May 17, 2016
guymanDspecies:

Listen to ur self nurse practitioner, do we have nurse practitioners in Nigeria. The fresh MBBS graduate has better knowledge of the human body than a fresh nursing graduate, a nurse practioner with his PhD who serves in primary care cardiology will be thrown to the gutters when a medical cardiologist comes into the room. Plsss Medicine and nursing were never designed to have the same knowledge of human body. the curriculum is quite different and MBBS is much more rigorous any where in d world.
I know this OP guy he did pre degree for medicine in Uniport and eventually got nursing. Congrats to him but that statement that he has d same knowledge is wrong. I have doctor friends and I know how much they cover. Peace!

You just answered your question. There are no Nurse Practicioners in Nigeria. Enough said

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by blueeyes1: 12:06am On May 18, 2016
Op, I don't know you,I've never met you but I am mighty proud of you.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by RaeMystix: 12:06am On May 18, 2016
laryom1:
Lol. Doctors' right hand indeed. Not doctors's right hand or both hands combined. I think you should go to a teaching hospital and see things cuz that's where a standard representation of health services can be found. You will then know that knowledge and experience combined is far better than the experience alone.
This should not be an argument. And hmmm. Nurse giving prescriptions... Later they will say the hospital related mortality is high.

I wasn't referring to the so called Nurses/ apprentice you find in the local hospitals, who can't locate the parts of the Human body nor figure out how to perform a test to detect an unknown organism, even if their lives depended on it. I'm taking about Nurses that have more knowledge than the so called doctors we have in the local hospitals.

4 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by toprealman: 12:15am On May 18, 2016
midwife because then it was a lady's domain.....please call yourself a MIDHUSBAND to avoid stories that touch!
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by pureme(f): 12:19am On May 18, 2016
tosin2013:
Nurses and doctors DONOT have the same amount of knowledge of patients!

The difference is as clear as night and day!

Thank you.
Difference please

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by micxwell(m): 12:19am On May 18, 2016
RaeMystix:

I wasn't referring to the so called Nurses/ apprentice you find in the local hospitals, who can't locate the parts of the Human body nor figure out how to carrier a test to detect an unknown organism, even if their lives depended on it. I'm taking about Nurses that have more knowledge than the so called doctors we have in the local hospitals.
Enough said, a Nurse's curriculum can't be compared to that of a Medical Doctor.. Ma'am Nursing isn't Medicine and neither is Medicine Nursing. Both are very unique. We don't need to dish out insults @ ourselves pls cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by RaeMystix: 12:25am On May 18, 2016
micxwell:

Enough said, a Nurse's curriculum can't be compared to that of a Medical Doctor.. Ma'am Nursing isn't Medicine and neither is Medicine Nursing. Both are very unique. We don't need to dish out insults @ ourselves pls cheesy

"Dish out insults on ourselves"?. Didn't think there was a fight to begin with ?. Secondly...I ain't no Ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by micxwell(m): 12:32am On May 18, 2016
RaeMystix:

"Dish out insults on ourselves"?. Didn't think there was a fight to begin with ?. Secondly...I ain't no Ma'am.
Noted....
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by teebillz: 12:33am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
In Nigeria, guys are doctors and ladies are nurses... Besides, when growing up, nurses were portrayed using ladies and doctors, guys....we know,but leave am for us like that. You can educate the younger generation on the differences. LoL at Midwife(I just imagined telling someone my husband is a MIDWIFE)
Wow! You know what?
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by LasoulMacuby(m): 12:37am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
In Nigeria, guys are doctors and ladies are nurses... Besides, when growing up, nurses were portrayed using ladies and doctors, guys....we know,but leave am for us like that. You can educate the younger generation on the differences. LoL at Midwife(I just imagined telling someone my husband is a MIDWIFE)
I love ur sense of humor. . .
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by ColeworldMD(m): 12:41am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
MIDHUSBAND ni. Lmao
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by InvertedHammer: 12:48am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
/
He is confused.

He is a MIDHUSBAND.

\
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by InvertedHammer: 12:51am On May 18, 2016
RaeMystix:

I wasn't referring to the so called Nurses/ apprentice you find in the local hospitals, who can't locate the parts of the Human body nor figure out how to carrier a test to detect an unknown organism, even if their lives depended on it. I'm taking about Nurses that have more knowledge than the so called doctors we have in the local hospitals.
/
Just like Panadol, if not a doctor, there is no such thing "like a doctor"

The people that made the curricula are not morons.
\

3 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by opribo(m): 12:53am On May 18, 2016
I consider nursing as a female job, a job where you will only be administering treatment drugs to patients and caring for the sick patient untill full recovery and at the sametime taking direct orders from the doctors prescriptions.If women can be doctors and consultants how then can a man aspire to be only a nurse unless maybe for places where the pay is ok like in yankee otherwise it doesnt make sense.

BTW, OP was wrong when he said they have the same knowledge of the human anatomy with doctors that is a lie. Dostors spend seven to eight years and it takes an average of three years to do a nursing a midwifery program at LUTH then if you go abroad you just take their board exams to upgrade to their standard

Nurses have their own work and doctors have their own work and never confuse the two, they are not the same and can never be the same. Doctor will diagnose and prescribe drugs, pharmacist will dispense it and nurses will administer the drugs and manage patient to full recovery. It is even a dirty job because if the patient is an incontinence patient they will clean the patient feaces and urine. So tell me how can a man be doing such for another man for that matter, a woman we can understand because they are mothers so they are good at caring but a whole man haba.

If a man is in yankee i dont blame such as far as hustling is concerned but in Naija to be doing nursing something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by leac508(m): 12:57am On May 18, 2016
Sounds gayish
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by tosin2013: 1:08am On May 18, 2016
pureme:

Difference please

The doctor is the head of the team, medical team. He studied medicine, surgery, anatomy laboratory science, clinical science and skills, pharmacology, microbiology. He coordinates and integrates this gamut of info to DIAGNOSE a patient.
He then MAKES a decision on how to cure/manage a patient.

A nurse on the other hand studied clinical skills to care, manage and monitor patients. The nurse i s trained to recognise complaints or changes in the patient and alert the doctor!

Like i said, NIGHT AND DAY.

4 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by RaeMystix: 1:13am On May 18, 2016
opribo:
I consider nursing as a female job, a job where you will only be administering treatment drugs to patients and caring for the sick patient untill full recovery and at the sametime taking direct orders from the doctors prescriptions.If women can be doctors and consultants how then can a man aspire to be only a nurse unless maybe for places where the pay is ok like in yankee otherwise it doesnt make sense.

BTW, OP was wrong when he said they have the same knowledge of the human anatomy with doctors that is a lie. Dostors spend seven to eight years and it takes an average of three years to do a nursing a midwifery program at LUTH then if you go abroad you just take their board exams to upgrade to their standard

Nurses have their own work and doctors have their own work and never confuse the two, they are not the same and can never be the same. Doctor will diagnose and prescribe drugs, pharmacist will dispense it and nurses will administer the drugs and manage patient to full recovery. It is even a dirty job because if the patient is an incontinence patient they will clean the patient feaces and urine. So tell me how can a man be doing such for another man for that matter, a woman we can understand because they are mothers so they are good at caring but a whole man haba.

If a man is in yankee i dont blame such as far as hustling is concerned but in Naija to be doing nursing something must be wrong somewhere.

Where did you get the information about Nurses cleaning a patient's feaces and urine?. Do you mean changing of the colostomy bag and Wound care?....Seems like you're mistaking the duties or a Nursing Assistant for a Registered Nurse. You also need to do some research about Certified Registered Nursing Practictoners, before demeaning nursing as a profession. There are more nurses abroad who perform more responsibilities than the local one's we've got in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by RaeMystix: 1:15am On May 18, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Just like Panadol, if not a doctor, there is no such thing "like a doctor"

The people that made the curricula are not morons.
\
Hmmmmm.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 2:00am On May 18, 2016
That great smiley congrats good for you dear! I'm a nurse also in New Zealand, worked with many male nurses, so don't mind the criticism on this thread from people, just keep doing what your passionate about.

2 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by lollmaolol(m): 2:11am On May 18, 2016
promayor1:
He looks funny.
'Hehehe' in spanish

He looks like one present governor in the south west, just wear a white cap on his head and white dansiki....heheehehe.....I kuku no mention Monica here
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by laryom1(m): 2:12am On May 18, 2016
RaeMystix:

You have a point but never underestimate the ones you called "doctors in the local hospital"... Medical education was not a child play.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 2:15am On May 18, 2016
garlicrey:
This land is for sale
I buy am ten kobo if u sell my no. 10.000000.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by steric58(m): 2:19am On May 18, 2016
tosin2013:

Thank you.
I guess you are a doctor, anyway you guys are thought to have ego even though you have zero knowledge about what you doing, nurses are never inferior to you, take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Pain(m): 2:31am On May 18, 2016
Uyu-epp?
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by NubianX: 2:39am On May 18, 2016
grin grin

grin grin grin grin

E PAIN AMMMMMM

RaeMystix:

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by RaeMystix: 2:45am On May 18, 2016
laryom1:
You have a point but never underestimate the ones you called "doctors in the local hospital"... Medical education was not a child play.

True. I'm will never underestimate doctors and as matter of fact, i actually do admire the years of hardwork being put into becoming a doctor. That been said, Nursing isn't also a major that one should underestimate, and is no longer that easy to obtain. It also requires years of coursework, clinicals and dedication. It ain't no sociology/ psychology degree.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by mamajaz(f): 2:50am On May 18, 2016
tosin2013:

Thank you.
That's it, they "nurses" care and get paid peanuts while the political doctors run away from duty but are paid Weller for unmanaging and mismanaging us.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Rhea(f): 2:59am On May 18, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

https://mobile.facebook.com/NURSINGNIGERIA/photos/a.181937095262339.36361.139441856178530/895166887272686/?type=3&p=10&_ft_=qid.6285683135901275823%3Amf_story_key.2031640805132769213

Say it loud and proud my brother. Nothing do you. Nurses are golden. Carry go wink

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by BlackOnassis(m): 3:22am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:

oh God! this life is not fair though. see how this pikin just fine. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss wait, na only u waka come?haba cheesy cheesy
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by emmaliver(m): 4:55am On May 18, 2016
Relatively the Same knowledge my foot. In seeking unnecessary attention u shot urself on d foot. Is d learning scope even close to semblance, thats hos u will start thinking u know as much as d doctor if not more. Mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Pamelayoung: 4:56am On May 18, 2016
Na midhusband no bu midwife

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by ceaser: 5:00am On May 18, 2016
pembisco:

Which one is class and wannabes again? guy you need to grow up and overcome this nigerian doctor's mentality that believe every professional in the hospital aside doctor wanted to study medicine. I've seen so many that passionately applied for the various professions in the university, studied hard and are proud of what they are today. so please spare us this uncalled show of arrogance

You are the one in error and guilty of stereotyping. Your mind is already primed in the direction of a complex and strata, especially now that it involves delineating between a doc and a nurse, that is why you jumped to your conclusion.

In the context of his use of those two words: Class and wannabes, please read again and this time around, comprehend it with an open mind.

Nursing profession can be seen to be a class in its own, every other claimants to that class will be seen as wannabes. "Class" as a word does not necessarily connote pride in every use, his included.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Salary Structures For Schools Around Badore,ajah And Lekki / Pilot Career / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.