Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:38 AM

Could This Happen In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could This Happen In Nigeria (746 Views)

Boyfriend Upload Girlfriend Pic And This Happen (pic) / This Happened In China,can It Ever Happen In Nigeria? / Can This Happen In Nigeria?pix) UNCONDITIONAL LOVE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Happen In Nigeria by Sekcibeast1990(m): 7:10am On May 18, 2016
okay i have this femaile indian friend, in which on a good day, we where talking about marriage generally. and i was shoked to hear that in indian tradition. it is the female that pay bride price not the male.
like seriously, its the female that provides alll the things needed for marriage and this is even after her parent go heaven and earth to search for a man for her. makes me wonder, guys dey enjoy for india oo. imagine this kinda thing in nigeria. what do you think guys/
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by talk2alabama: 7:13am On May 18, 2016
Na nw u sabi?

Well if Nigerian ladies did pay the dowries, a lot of dem would be married today.. u wouldn't hear things like husband scarcity.. trust me. Infact marriage won't even become a problem
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by Sekcibeast1990(m): 7:16am On May 18, 2016
but at the same time, what of the issue of her parent searching man for her. like they call it arranged marriage. witout knowing or seeing a man.
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by wilybebsy(m): 7:21am On May 18, 2016
E for sweet diecheesycheesycheesy
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25am On May 18, 2016
grin I think in India, they practice caste system...they will not juz married any guy, they shud belong to the same caste especially those elites...

1 Like

Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by Kherry: 7:25am On May 18, 2016
Dat can neva apen in Nigeria,we get our own culture
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by obiorathesubtle: 7:37am On May 18, 2016
undecided then.. Na we go dy run from one crusade to another, from sholih to shiloh. Looking for wife wey go come marry us ni??
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by ako1tse: 7:45am On May 18, 2016
i think I should be on my way to india grin
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by feran15(m): 11:12am On May 18, 2016
It cant happen in nigeria
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by whogoscam: 1:39pm On May 18, 2016
Cc Strahovski1 abeg come and explain for them

India has its unique tradition unlike nigeria that borrow everything even language and dressing.

It's India's tradition to have the woman pay the dowry and the parents don't really look for husband for her. She finds a husband herself. Her parents may suggest for her it's her choice to make. Her parents can also advertise her in newspaper if she agrees.

And most modern indian couples, have the man return the dowry in full to his wife. Approximately 67% indian men return the dowry.

Strahovski1 shed more light
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by Sekcibeast1990(m): 11:04pm On May 18, 2016
Well she told me all her self,that the parent search for a good man for the lady. Called arranged marriage
Re: Could This Happen In Nigeria by Charles4075(m): 11:18pm On May 18, 2016
No ohhh. Tufiakwa.. I go come dey run go shiloh to shiloh, crusade to crusade, 10 days dry fasting all in the name of make one girl come marry me.. Op, e nor work ohhh. Who get that kind power

Ladies dey try sha ohhh...

(1) (Reply)

Who's Your Nairaland Crush Of The Week? / Guys Come In And Answer This Question / Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.