Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,841 members, 7,930,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:48 AM

Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates (28805 Views)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Day 2: NLC Protests In Ibadan (pics) / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by free2ryhme: 7:58am On May 19, 2016
i support the strike 10000% grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by emmadaji: 7:59am On May 19, 2016
DAY fuel price in my place is 200

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by SonofDevil: 7:59am On May 19, 2016
Anticorruption:
very effective in Uyo, UNIUYO was shut down , no lectures, and no work yesterday

upon all the APC propaganda online to make it seem like a failure its actually working

Who is going to loose FG or students..??

1 Like

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by seunlayi(m): 7:59am On May 19, 2016
Victory is certainly coming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Opistorincos(m): 7:59am On May 19, 2016
make dem stop the strike, when i receive ma next week allowance make dem restart am

1 Like

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by elitejosef: 8:00am On May 19, 2016
Strike held in Benin yesterday, still observing for today, but Adams has asked us to shun the strike as en No Work no Pay
Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by skywalker001(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2016
cktheluckyman:
4.30am entering gear 2 of my sleep,strike mode continues
Lazy bone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Burger01(m): 8:03am On May 19, 2016
mbaboy:
NLC put ur house in order and speak with one voice, to me this strike is not necessary and should be called off immediately. NLC and TUC should negotiate a better welfare package for Nigerian workers and persuade government to come up with palliatives to cushion the effects of subsidy removal. I rest my case
Dat's all.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Flame4chi(m): 8:04am On May 19, 2016
Who strike epp ?
Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by omolola15(m): 8:05am On May 19, 2016
Anticorruption:
very effective in Uyo, UNIUYO was shut down , no lectures, and no work yesterday

upon all the APC propaganda online to make it seem like a failure its actually working

Banks working in ibadan. The Polytechnic ibadan didn't strike. They are even writting their exams presently. I can't confirm that of university of ibadan though. But there's free movement. Only a few protest yesterday at mokola and bere. And that didn't last for hours.

3 Likes

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by emenem: 8:05am On May 19, 2016
FANTASTICALLY FAILURE
DropShot:

If it's effective in just a handful states of 36, is that a success?

2 Likes

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Dlawking(m): 8:07am On May 19, 2016
The strike could only be said to be partially successful in Benin City yesterday. While government offices and some public schools remained under lock and key, private schools, businesses and banks opened for business as usual. NLC and TUC led protest took place also in Benin City.
One sad incident that happened in Benin City yesterday as reported by ITV/Radio was the unfortunate death of a 15-year old school pupil who got drowned after the pupils were sent home following the strike action.
Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by smartmoses(m): 8:08am On May 19, 2016
Strike was witnessed in Portharcourt yesterday and is ongoing as I m talkin to u now,others shld fellow.enough of APC chaining of Nigeria.let the strike continue till fuel come to normal price

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by iukpe: 8:10am On May 19, 2016
Nairaland is not in support of the strike

3 Likes

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by tinsel: 8:13am On May 19, 2016
I expect the strike to be effective in PDP controlled states only. But any strike in Nigeria not effective in lagos will just die within a few days.

2 Likes

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by nonjebose(m): 8:15am On May 19, 2016
jazinogold:
Op, I can't comment, just had a STRIKING dream
which one be 'striking dream' again, lol
Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by lekankolade(m): 8:15am On May 19, 2016
Right here in my school, we don't know if NLC is on strike or not... everything is going on well... we re not gullible

2 Likes

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by sebali: 8:15am On May 19, 2016
smartmoses:
Strike was witnessed in Portharcourt yesterday and is ongoing as I m talkin to u now,others shld fellow.enough of APC chaining of Nigeria.let the strike continue till fuel come to normal price

Liar... Which PH, d one where Govt Secretariat was open or another PH in space

4 Likes

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by suteco16: 8:19am On May 19, 2016
ibkgab001:
Which Strike are you talking about ... When every bank works and free movement of vehicles everywhere in town ... Hushhhhh strike kor shrine nii

So when there is strike there should not be free movement of vehicle, it is not a curfew!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Sylvester70(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2016
strike kwa when banks,school and market dey open for my area,i support them oh but make them first go drink lucozed boost come back joor.

1 Like

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Esperooke(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2016
kissval1388:
am in support of anything that will make this government weep.

(it'z kissval)

proudly wailing wailer.

Nairaland wailing congress (NWC)
May God give you sense IJN. whatever makes this government weep might have killed you.

5 Likes

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Kx: 8:23am On May 19, 2016
Its more like.
1. Govt jacked up electricity tariff for darkness, NLC was not bothered and it pretended like everything was ok

2. State governors took huge bail out fund from FG yet still owe backlog of unpaid salaries, NLC saw nothing wrong in workers being owed

3. Permanent staff were being casualised and turned contract staff by chinese, indians and even Nigerian bosses in their fatherland, NLC 'formed" initial gra gra, drove down (when they deemed fit) collected egunje and left the fate of the staff worse than it was before they intervened.

4. Fuel sold for over N180 pl outside Lagos with long endless queues to buy even in Lagos, NLC pretended like all was well.

5.National assembly treated themselves to huge wage bill while workers languished with unpaid N18,000 minimum wage, NLC pretended like all was well.

6. Previous govts made series of promises to fix refineries and build new ones whenever NLC embarked on strike action in the past, yet failed all those promises after having laced NLC officials with Ghana must go bags of money, NLC saw nothing wrong in it.

7. Corruption held sway with previous successive govt amidst serious infrastructural decays and poor social investment, NLC pretended like all was well.
8. Graduates were fleeced of their N1000 in the name of immigration job and some even lost their lives, yet NLC pretended like all was well.

Is it now that NLC is forming activity in the name of strike that the masses should pretend that NLC means business?

This will turn out to be the most "indefinite"/ endless strike because NLC will quietly go back to work without having the courage/pride to say they have suspended the strike action.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by sagitarius(m): 8:24am On May 19, 2016
In Makurdi, the Benue State capital, the state secretariat has been sealed, other govt offices have also been locked up. We're waiting to see what happens next. The protests/rally I guess. It's getting real today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by mechanics(m): 8:25am On May 19, 2016
No strike in my office o.
Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by otokx(m): 8:28am On May 19, 2016
More unions will join the strike today.
Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by otokx(m): 8:31am On May 19, 2016
mechanics:
No strike in my office o.

The strike is intensifying across Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by phemmylink(m): 8:35am On May 19, 2016
ibkgab001:
Which Strike are you talking about ... When every bank works and free movement of vehicles everywhere in town ... Hushhhhh strike kor shrine nii
Bros, banks all over Plateau state are under lock n key. The economic situation of the state is in a stand still.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 8:36am On May 19, 2016
sagitarius:
In Makurdi, the Benue State capital, the state secretariat has been sealed, other govt offices have also been locked up. We're waiting to see what happens next. The protests/rally I guess. It's getting real today

the zombies on Nl are doing their best to make it seem the strike is a failure

no wonder Lai mohammed got such a huge budget grin grin grin grin grin

i guess benue is also pdp undecided

3 Likes

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Coolabbie: 8:36am On May 19, 2016
Anticorruption:

Only the university was shut down cos of ASUU.
Shops are still opened.
Primary and secondary students are still going to school.
Vehicular traffic has not slowed down.
The strike is a failure.

1 Like

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Temmytea70(m): 8:37am On May 19, 2016
The strike is serious ere.. .. .. We are striking eba and egusi soup... . Who cares to join our strike

1 Like

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 8:37am On May 19, 2016
Coolabbie:
Only the university was shut down cos of ASUU.
Shops are still opened.
Primary and secondary students are still going to school.
Vehicular traffic has not slowed down.
The strike is a failure.

now that ASUU has joined , you cant call that a failure wink

ASUU strike dented gej image a lot

1 Like

Re: Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by AlanSugar(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2016
DropShot:

If it's effective in just a handful states of 36, is that a success?

Effective in only half of Pdp states, pathetic strike!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pat Utomi Meets With Pastor Kumuyi (Photos) / Osasu Igbinedion, Nigerians Mock Buhari For Endorsing Ganduje Despite Scandal / Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.