Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,479 members, 7,904,796 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? (5501 Views)

Own One Acre Of Plantain Farm With Just 350k / Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land / 60,000 Naira Per Acre Of Land For Sale In Owode-ogbomosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 5:19pm On May 20, 2016
I love farming with my major interest being: -Cassava plantation -Yam cultivation -Plantain/Banana plantation -Maize farming. While palm oil plantation in the next five years Gods willing.
With such land a lot can be done with.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by noblefarm: 8:37pm On May 20, 2016
NextDayPn:

You're right about borehole with green energy setup, I'm only being cautious about the cost so start up can be easy. Your 2 plots beside your pond is VERY useful also. I'm ready anytime you are sir.

Call, whatsapp, or telegram. 08077774003. I prefer chat tho
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Pavore9: 10:22am On May 21, 2016
An acre is so much when it is engaged with grounded knowledge. I have come across a lot of small holder farmers who are generating good income from one acre.

I did visit a one acre farm where cattle fattening is their forte, they buy malnourished cows at a cheap price and within 3 months those cows have been transformed into "ajebutter" looking cows and fetching the owners 3-4 times of the cost of purchase.

Another farm visit, is an acre which is 100% organic and where there is at one corner a greenhouse measuring 50ft by 90ft and in it are strawberries grown aquaponically, the catfish and tilapia in the ponds within the greenhouse looking so healthy, the rest of the space outside the greenhouse is covered with broccoli and cauliflower which is being sold to a vegetable oexporting company that is about 15mins drive away from the farm. Am told the farm sells the broccoli at $0.80 a kilo to the exporting company, who package and exports to Europe. The strawberries are exclusively sold to some beach resorts here in Kenya, where oyinbos are "chopping" the money enjoying Africa more than Africans! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 10:44am On May 21, 2016
You have come again oga pavore, please we need you in Nigeria, can you please help us get some of the exporting links.

Please send me a mail to eesteeresources@gmail.com or WhatsApp 08120528950, for a private message.

Thank
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by onyeogalu1(m): 11:03am On May 21, 2016
Ajusshi:
I have the land, but i don't have water.
They are telling to cough out 4million naira for a borehole embarassed
I neva rich reach like that, and i can't depend on natural rainfall for farming (it's archaic and uninspiring)
When i have access to water, i will go into full-time vege farming.
For now, i am doing only corn and cassava.

Oga Pavore9, shebi my post don epp yu?
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Pavore9: 11:25am On May 21, 2016
BoluwGoldenFarm:
You have come again oga pavore, please we need you in Nigeria, can you please help us get some of the exporting links.

Please send me a mail to eesteeresources@gmail.com or WhatsApp 08120528950, for a private message.

Thank

Which one be l don come again? cheesy

The Kenyan exporters under their The Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya (FPEAK have already fine tuned their own logistic from the farms to export destinations to ensure standards stipulated by the foreign buyers are met as any mess up attracts sanctions. One of the exporters was even advertising asking for Kenyans who grow our local "ata rodo" to get in touch with them so they can visit the farm and buy out whatever quantity is available as they intend exporting it but Kenyans are not into "ata rodo".

You can visit the association website http://fpeak.org/index.php/local-fruit-and-vegetable-exporters/ that list their members contacts and see if any will want to have a linkage for any of our local produce.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Orion21: 11:48am On May 21, 2016
NextDayPn:
With about 100k with it, I can start to make 10k everyday after 3 months all year round, rain or no rain. This is no hoax, I have an agric business I have developed, sadly I do not have the land and fund to start.

Hmmm.. Nice one bro..
I would lyk 4 us to av a chat... Pls señd me maíl orionkvng21@gmail.com
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Ajusshi: 1:43pm On May 22, 2016
onyeogalu1:

Where is the location of the land?
I am into boreholes maybe I can give you a better offer?
It's Aniocha north, Delta state.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by onyeogalu1(m): 2:10pm On May 22, 2016
Ajusshi:
It's Aniocha north, Delta state.

I sent you pm
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by remmyjay007(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2016
@Pavore9, great post... always inspiring posts, got me thinking
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Emempaul(m): 10:41pm On May 23, 2016
plant cucumber
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by stanvesco(m): 3:52pm On May 24, 2016
NextDayPn:

Bro, I'm more than keen, just that I don't have the land and fund to do what I very much love to do. I would not mind a little help, or partnership, that 100k doenst even need to pass through me, plus I'm ready to be in the farm on a permanent basis. Its an idea I have been sitting on for sometime, like I said, I'm handicapped.

I wish you were for real...OK let me give you a benefit of doubt...call or wassap or text me on 08063152970
we may not necessarily do partnership...I fund u an interest free loan, and learn from you..let's talk
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by onyeogalu1(m): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Pavore9:
An acre is so much when it is engaged with grounded knowledge. I have come across a lot of small holder farmers who are generating good income from one acre.

I did visit a one acre farm where cattle fattening is their forte, they buy malnourished cows at a cheap price and within 3 months those cows have been transformed into "ajebutter" looking cows and fetching the owners 3-4 times of the cost of purchase.

Another farm visit, is an acre which is 100% organic and where there is at one corner a greenhouse measuring 50ft by 90ft and in it are strawberries grown aquaponically, the catfish and tilapia in the ponds within the greenhouse looking so healthy, the rest of the space outside the greenhouse is covered with broccoli and cauliflower which is being sold to a vegetable oexporting company that is about 15mins drive away from the farm. Am told the farm sells the broccoli at $0.80 a kilo to the exporting company, who package and exports to Europe. The strawberries are exclusively sold to some beach resorts here in Kenya, where oyinbos are "chopping" the money enjoying Africa more than Africans! cheesy

Pavore9 and fellow NLers Please kindly help me with the answers to the following questions.

1) How long does it take to harvest rice ?
2)What is the cost of rice milling machine?
3) What is the cost of rice threshing machine?
Thanks for your reply
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Pavore9: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
onyeogalu1:

Pavore9 and fellow NLers Please kindly help me with the answers to the following questions.

Thanks for your reply

There are several rice varieties, it takes between 3 to 5 months depending on variety. The National Cereals Research Institute head quartered in Niger State can provide the information you seek. l suggest you call them on 08069314862 for info on their rice varieties and the milling/threshing machines they produce.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by onyeogalu1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2016
Pavore9:

There are several rice varieties, it takes between 3 to 5 months depending on variety. The National Cereals Research Institute head quartered in Niger State can provide the information you seek. l suggest you call them on [b][/b] for info on their rice varieties and the milling/threshing machines they produce.

I hope this helps.

It official. Your the Nairaland Minister of Agriculture. God bless you my brother.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Pavore9: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
onyeogalu1:

It official. Your the Nairaland Minister of Agriculture. God bless you my brother.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Emempaul(m): 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
dry season cucumber farming
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by peperempe: 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
onyeogalu1:

Thanks for your reply

for the rice milling machine, you can get a machine that removes d husks and polish d rice frm 1.4million naira for a capacity of 2tons/hr in kaduna but for a smaller capacity, its cheaper
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by onyeogalu1(m): 2:39am On Jul 01, 2016
peperempe:
for the rice milling machine, you can get a machine that removes d husks and polish d rice frm 1.4million naira for a capacity of 2tons/hr in kaduna but for a smaller capacity, its cheaper

Thanks for the info
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by peperempe: 1:02am On Jul 06, 2016
onyeogalu1:

Thanks for the info
u are welcome.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by prettymayannah: 11:19am On May 03, 2020
NextDayPn:
With about 100k with it, I can start to make 10k everyday after 3 months all year round, rain or no rain. This is no hoax, I have an agric business I have developed, sadly I do not have the land and fund to start.

I don't know if you can get this response on your post but if you do,please contact me so we can discuss on :08063601640

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snail Cage / Agropartnerships Reaffirms Commitment To Agri-business Value Chain Development / Growing Spinach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.