Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,285 members, 7,904,219 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA (2051 Views)

Fashola Says Nigeria Ready For Nuclear Energy / Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- Fashola / President Buhari On Nuclear Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA by Horus(m): 7:09pm On May 19, 2016
Too dangerous
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA by 9japride(m): 7:13pm On May 19, 2016
We have a very bad culture of maintaining facilities. Anybody that supports this idea should provide his/ her Village for such nuclear plant. Count the Niger delta and east side out of that killer project
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA by Xenox(m): 7:13pm On May 19, 2016
Funny indeed. We have abundant natural resources to generate as much energy in this Country as is overly sufficient, yet till date, we could not put them in better use. We have abundant natural gas to generate electricity with, hydro-electricity, the sun is killing here in Nigeria, you can even create Solar Farms in Northern Nigeria with a vast array of barren sun-scorched earth. We have not been able to run ordinary gas-powered power plants, hydro-electricity dams and even our thermal stations; how on earth are we thinking of Nuclear Power Plant? Chernobyl and Fukushima come to mind. We need to grow first, we need to overcome our irresponsible and corrupt nature before considering any nuclear-related thingy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA by waternogetemeny: 7:18pm On May 19, 2016
With Boko Haram and Buhari Fulani Herdsmen

I think it is best sited in Daura or Fashola Lagos.

iranu!
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA by Branzy(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2016
Immunity1:
olodo after your governor loud the project and called it divine favour on abia people.
FYI am from Delta.. Nigeria is not the kind of nation to build such volatile facility
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA by elopee3000(m): 8:03pm On May 19, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol. You must be out of ya cotton picking mind. grin

my brother in se we don't want to hear nu not to talk of clear,sw and north build in kwara
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For Nuclear Energy- FASHOLA by Favolly(f): 10:34pm On May 19, 2016
Nuclear energy? undecided

Baba Raj must be high on cheap crack! He needs to calm ten paces down..

We have so many gas turbines that have been mismanaged and abandoned. Ordinary Kanji Hydro plant and Egbin and even Jebba haven’t been maintained properly or given necessary upgrades, and now Mr Fashola believes nuclear is the way forward?

Imagine our poor maintenance culture seeps into our nuclear reactors... We will have a disaster that makes Fukushima look like the untidy room of a 5-yr old.

Clearly, this man's head is in the clouds. I can't believe I actually thought he knew what he was doing.

I'm just all shades of disappointed rn undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Let Us Review The Amnesty Programme: Buhari / Buhari’s Govt Will Start Firing From All Cylinders – Lai Mohammed / Biafra: Allow Referendum, 2014 Confab Delegates, Groups Tell Buhari

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.