Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,127 members, 7,880,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:02 PM

Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped (13074 Views)

Photos Of Olu Falae's Pickup Van After He Was Kidnapped On Monday / Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds / Elumelu - "My Mother Was Kidnapped After I Signed Fertiliser Plant Deal" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by PurestBoy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
I don't mind to be kidnapped as long as no ransom would be paid while some bottles of Hennessy will be made available to me. grin
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by THEAMAKA(f): 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2009
oshkosh:

shocked grin
yes, and what is your point?
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by ogajim(m): 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2009
Village boy proper here grin grin grin grin

If you've never lived in the village, you don't know what you're missing and there should be no stigma attached to it unless the person is so conceited to the point of delusion.
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
theres something fishy about this kidnap
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by dominictj(m): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2009
An encounter with kidnappers
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by saintade01(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2009
babaearly:

theres something fishy about this kidnap

Thats just my feeling too even with the aspect of not paying any ransome after negotiating to N10m
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by eldee(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ikengawo:

LOL! at "lubricating my system" i don't know who teaches Nigerians english but DAMN! lol
Come on . . . there's nothing wrong with him using metaphors to get his point across
He used phrases like 'alchoholic drought', his command of the language is not bad at all.
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Basildon1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
As someone rightly noticed (instead of these posters making me cringe with their unFUNNY posts   ) , why is he trying to play down the whole event stupidly.

I am definite that they collected ransom money rather than claiming they staged a kidnap to buy him beer while listening to their plight . Just trying to protect his image (silly guy!) and the image of the police (toothless dogs!)
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by ayde: 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
The whole kidnap saga na film trick, lipsrsealed
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by whiteroses(f): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
i expected more gratitude (to God) in that article its very vague abi why is he sounding as if he was abducted by angels and God blessed him personally while jesus was kissing his fore-head or dint they tell him three men were shot dead before they could yank him, anyway different people have different ways of coping with trauma but i truely thank God he is ok smiley
actually the way he said it will reduce the stigma a lot very wise man. now i'll appreciate him more in films
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by mrperfect(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2009
Thank God he was released safely.
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by goggs(m): 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
i think Nigerians are missing an important point here. the guy was KIDNAPPED and then released most they did was a reception, jokes about 'lubricating' Edochie's system and giving thanks to God! Yes give thanks BUT a serious crime was committed and nothing concrete was said about bringing the perpetrators to justice or more importantly how to deal with the the root cause of the problem in pragmatic manner.  How about the people reportedly killed in the process of the kidnapping? Where is justice for them? Did any government official visit them to assure them that justice will be done? Only the living celebrate abi? Then, of course, the next big man is kidnapped and the story goes again. Kai Naija! cry
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Beaf: 2:58pm On Aug 19, 2009
you complicate your situation if you experience internal alcoholic drought

I hail! grin
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by whiteroses(f): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2009
goggs:

i think Nigerians are missing an important point here. the guy was KIDNAPPED and then released most they did was a reception, jokes about 'lubricating' Edochie's system and giving thanks to God! Yes give thanks BUT a serious crime was committed and nothing concrete was said about bringing the perpetrators to justice or more importantly how to deal with the the root cause of the problem in pragmatic manner.  How about the people reportedly killed in the process of the kidnapping? Where is justice for them? Did any government official visit them to assure them that justice will be done? Only the living celebrate abi? Then, of course, the next big man is kidnapped and the story goes again. Kai Naija! cry
you sir are a genius lol seriously private and government investigation should be going on by now, cos this occurence has made him vulnerable in my opinion, the only part they could investigate is the drink he had shame
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
So if he was the God-Father, why would they kidnap him at all?
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by mayrho(m): 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
Nna this guy is very proverbious too shepesious grin
@THE AMAKA now i have confirmed you have no sense of humour and probably live in a village as suggested by kokoA
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by otukpo(f): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
Pete is indeed a God father.

I dont think the said 3 pple were actually killed. He cld have mentioned it. shows our media and their propaganda. Channel news even said he was held for 3 days. what a news!
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by kokoA(m): 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2009
mayrho:

Nna this guy is very proverbious too shepesious  grin
@THE AMAKA now i have confirmed you have no sense of humour and probably live in a village as suggested by kokoA

If you hear a sensible man's post, you will know.
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by kokoA(m): 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
I mean read not "hear", slip of fingers grin
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Afaukwu: 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
The man has said no ransom was paid. Eye witnesses have said nobody was killed. We all know how junkish our press can be sometimes. Who do you believe? Yourself or the kidnapped?
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by wakagirl: 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2009
So basically he was kidnapped so he could be treated to some bottles of soft drink and made to listen to tales and then released? Beat me sha.
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Donvilo(m): 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2009
Well at least, he is ok. smiley and for the victims that were killed during the operation, has anything been being done about them? after all, they too are human beings. undecided
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by mayrho(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2009
The whole story is sounding fishy we go soon hear the true story sha Naija waits
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Afaukwu: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2009
Many people have been kidnapped without ransom being paid, as I have read in naija papers. Plus, even if ransom was paid, it will be stupid of him to come in public and announce that he paid so and so amount to get released. That will simply encourage other kidnappers to go after more affluent people.
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by LeMoor(m): 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
Stockholm Syndrome Anyone?
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by mayrho(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
Well I think 3days is too short to cause that
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by jpphilips(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
[b]you guys make me laugh

it seems most of these posters are proly lagosians or even in yankee not to understand these guys modus operandi

come to Ph and ask Lonestar oil,the Briggs, the Margrets father etc how thy were released then you will know how serious these boys are talk more of kidnapping you to hail u God father for where?

the rules;

first they bring the first bid, u negotiate till when its reasonable, they will treat you nicely no doubt (make your pple no feel say u re better off dead to them to guarantee more money)

afterward s they give you conditions of release

they will stage a pick up point, then warn you never to divulge any info abt them that if u did, the next time wont be funny,
they will stage a psychological movie for you perhaps a police man or any other person in their
camp, they will torture the person to death in your presence to show you what u will experience if you divulge their location

meanwhile once you re released,
the police PRO will be first on sight to brief you on what to tell the media, pleading not to disrepute them telling you rubbish like Government will refund you,that you cant tell the media you paid the ransom also threatening that if you say anything, that they will not come to your rescue next time the boys come calling.

once all your  options have been withdrawn, you start talking like pete Edochie, funny country

come to think of it, if it was a familiarization tour, is it worth the risk? why is it so lucrative these days[/b]
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by quicy: 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2009
well, Nigeria is full of surprise, na only God will save us from this country. Anyway, thank God he is safe that is the most important thing and for those who lost their live on the process, May the Almighty God grant them Eternal Rest (that is even some1 actually lost his live)
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by mechris: 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2009
U na de see !! We dey here de lament , de pray, meanwhile the guy de gdadun 4 yonder. what an irony? grin grin
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Mbeki: 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2009
“But I think they wanted me to see what they experience and they treated me with a lot of respect, a lot of reverence. They loved me a lot and they said as far as I am concerned I am their father. That they are not happy doing what they are doing but that they are compelled by circumstances to do that. They believe that the ostentatious life of politicians has inflicted a lot of harshness on their own circumstance as individuals and they think it’s about time they too get their own slice of the national cake. It’s unfortunate that they have to do it the way they are doing it but that they don’t have options.”
READING BETWEEN THE LINES OF THE ABOVE COMMENTS, ONE WOULD WONDER WHY D KIDNAPPERS CHOOSES PETE EDOCHIE INSTEAD OF THE POLITICIANS.
some people no sabi lie.
@JP Philips
You really understood what happened at the background.
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Mbeki: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
He further said that the hoodlums had to take to their heels when they got wind of the presence of men and officers of the command
However, the command has commenced man hunt for the suspected kidnappers which according to Amakulor, was already yielding positive results.
The police commissioner also said signals had been sent across the neighbouring states to Anambra while the respective state police commands were on the trail of the hoodlums.
Amakulor assured residents of the state to go about their lawful duties without any fear as the command had taken proactive measures at stemming incidents of violent crime in the state.

I WONDER WHEN NIGERIAN POLICE WILL WAKE UP TO FIGHT CRIME INSTEAD OF LYING. WERE THEY TRAINED TO COMBAT CRIME AT ALL OR JUST TO COLLECT ROGER, HARASS HARMELESS CITIZEN AND ENGAGE IN EXTRA-JUDICIAL KILLINGS??
WE ARE NOT LIVING IN NIGERIA, WE ARE MERELY EXISTING, angry angry angry
Re: Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped by Eaglebabe: 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
Pete u are wellcome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary / INEC Shifts Rivers Rerun To March 19 / Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.