Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,342 members, 7,891,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:28 PM

How To Do Take-off For Complex Roofing Shape (QS) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Do Take-off For Complex Roofing Shape (QS) (4696 Views)

Eko Atlantic Taking Shape - Latest Beautiful Pictures / Osamede Adun's Complex In Benin Demolished By Authorities (Photos) / WANTED NOW : Architects, Engineers, QS, M&E And CoW's Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Do Take-off For Complex Roofing Shape (QS) by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 20, 2016
Dear NL profs and Engrs

Please I need help on how to caculate the amount of wood needed for rafters, tie-beams, struts and purlins in a complex roof shape. I have tried to browse online but I cannot find any well detailed help. Thanks in advance.

Example of what i mean by complex (to me) is the attached floor plan and roof plan. Thanks.

Re: How To Do Take-off For Complex Roofing Shape (QS) by Nobody: 8:47am On May 21, 2016
Cc:

Egunmogaji
Hslbroker
Abdulwasteq
Spyder880

And all. Please help o.
Re: How To Do Take-off For Complex Roofing Shape (QS) by Nobody: 8:56am On May 21, 2016
You didn't ask but I wouldn't want my master sharing a wall with the kitchen. I'll move the master toilet to be in between them.

Love that you didn't lazily do an ensuite.

1 Like

Re: How To Do Take-off For Complex Roofing Shape (QS) by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 21, 2016
Wow, I didn't realize it has an effect. Please what's the effect? And how do you think I can adjust the plan?

@egunmogaji
Re: How To Do Take-off For Complex Roofing Shape (QS) by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 21, 2016
KingJB:
Wow, I didn't realize it has an effect. Please what's the effect? And how do you think I can adjust the plan?

@egunmogaji

Hi:

1) I'm not an Architect
2) Private residence are personal, I wouldn't even allow my Architect to guide me without putting up a fight grin
3) Consider the flow
4) Consider how your family lives. My family is usually within the same 100 square feet of space when we're home - I tested this.
5) You want your master bedroom to be a retreat and away from the public areas of the house. Not near kitchen or living room.
6) To save money, square up your house so that yo can then have a simple 4 slope roof.
7) I'm not an Architect grin

You can even talk to your Architect to consider a double slope roof for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Do Take-off For Complex Roofing Shape (QS) by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 21, 2016
Thanks a lot for the insight brother

I really appreciate.

I will go and reedit the floor plan as suggested

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ORANGEVILLE ESTATE, AJAH.... THE PERFECT PLACE TO BUILD YOUR DREAM HOME / Pics Of A Low Cost And Decent Newly Built 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Command, Lagos / View This Lovely Estate Adjacent Amen Estate Phase1 Lekki Where U Buy &build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.