Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,541 members, 7,951,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value (32155 Views)

Oyinbo Woman Pictured Praying Before Eating Eba & Egusi With A Bottle Of Stout / Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / Amstel Malt Fake Can: It's A Hoax, Amstel Malt Replies The Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nely77(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2016
I came across these combinations of Milk/stout and milk/malt. I have heard people talk about milk/malt working like blood tonic but I have not heard about milk/stout. Is it really true about milk/malt? How about milk/stout, what is the nutritional value? Are they proven to be true? What does each combination taste like?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by kajoula(m): 3:12pm On May 20, 2016
f
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 20, 2016
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nely77(m): 3:23pm On May 20, 2016
kajoula:
f
Please I am curious to get answers from fellow NLS and you are here colonizing land. Try and be useful to yourself me.

3 Likes

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by dotsdavidson(m): 4:00pm On May 21, 2016
I guess they both do the same work. I take malt/milk regularly but tried the stout/milk once. I prefer the taste of the former

1 Like

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Getrich47(m): 1:43am On May 22, 2016
They help one gain weight quickly and very rich in vitamins

4 Likes

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nely77(m): 2:28pm On May 22, 2016
Getrich47:
They help one gain weight quickly and very rich in vitamins
Please are there medical/scientific proof to this? What active ingredients are responsible for this especially in stout that is alcoholic?

1 Like

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by GasAndOilTheory(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2016
moderate consumption of stout with milk and 4 apples a week... try that for 3 constant weeks and see the miracle

2 Likes

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nely77(m): 5:21pm On May 22, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
moderate consumption of stout with milk and 4 apples a week... try that for 3 constant weeks and see the miracle
I am very much interested in the medical/scientific proof of this.
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by GasAndOilTheory(m): 5:48pm On May 22, 2016
Nely77:

I am very much interested in the medical/scientific proof of this.
bro i would of shared my pictures with you. am you scientific proof
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nely77(m): 5:51pm On May 22, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
bro i would of shared my pictures with you. am you scientific proof
If your picture can give me the scientific proof I need and bring the scientific laws and nutritional contents I am asking for, I wouldn't mind asking for it.
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nely77(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
I would also like to know the brand of stout and brand of apple involved!
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by GasAndOilTheory(m): 6:31pm On May 22, 2016
Nely77:

I would also like to know the brand of stout and brand of apple involved!
avoid Star.. . use Guinness or castle milk Stout...... goodluck bro
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nely77(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
avoid Star.. . use Guinness or castle milk Stout...... goodluck bro
The answer is not yet clear. Just need proof of the nutritional value. Because I find it difficult placing the good in alcohol mixed with milk. I feel that some reactions might take place and new compounds may be formed which may not be very good for consumption. What actually happens when you mix the stout/alcohol with milk in a glass cup? Are there some noticeable/visible reactions? If there is any, what compounds are formed and what are the properties of these new compounds and their effects on the body when taken? I need to be cleared so that I know what I am taking and who knows, it might save someone out there.

1 Like

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by GasAndOilTheory(m): 9:49pm On May 22, 2016
Nely77:

The answer is not yet clear. Just need proof of the nutritional value. Because I find it difficult placing the good in alcohol mixed with milk. I feel that some reactions might take place and new compounds may be formed which may not be very good for consumption. What actually happens when you mix the stout/alcohol with milk in a glass cup? Are there some noticeable/visible reactions? If there is any, what compounds are formed and what are the properties of these new compounds and their effects on the body when taken? I need to be cleared so that I know what I am taking and who knows, it might save someone out there.
bro you stubborn pass my President.... just do what i told you or observe the process urself

6 Likes

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nely77(m): 9:57pm On May 24, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
bro you stubborn pass my President.... just do what i told you or observe the process urself
I cannot just do things just like that. Moreover, it might help some other people that may want to know more about things like this before embarking on it. I cannot start wasting money on milk and stout now for experiment that may end up failing. That is why I need to know from the people who have done so to be convinced. Someone more knowledgeable on this can please help me out.

1 Like

Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by kael007: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nely77:

I cannot just do things just like that. Moreover, it might help some other people that may want to know more about things like this before embarking on it. I cannot start wasting money on milk and stout now for experiment that may end up failing. That is why I need to know from the people who have done so to be convinced. Someone more knowledgeable on this can please help me out.

Why not carry out the research by urself. Give us update on ur findings. I could help get u published too
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Ladyjumong(f): 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yeah but i dont know for the milk/stout. am just knowing about it.
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nah research work @op??why not Google the answer or you try it out yaaseelf mbok!!
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
GasAndOilTheory:
Ubare obviously not in the medical field
Re: Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value by irebuleke(m): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
1. It’s a light beer
Guinness is often thought of as a heavy beer because of its dark colour.

Guinness is often thought of as a heavy beer because of its dark colour.

But Jamie said that is not the case.

He said: “I think it’s because of the dark colour of Guinness, it’s actually not black but a ruby colour.”

According to Jamie, Guinnes is not carbonated like regular lager, meaning it is less filling.

A regular lager uses carbon dioxide to dispense it, and Guinness uses more nitrogen, which can also make it feel heavier.

Nitrogen, and the way Guinness is dispensed, results in the cascade effect where bubbles flow downward and settle, compared to lagers where they rise up.

2. Calcium
One pint of Guinness is one per cent calcium, which can boost bone health.

A study in 2009 found drinking beer in moderation can help improve bone mineral density, a major risk factor in osteoporosis.

The research also concluded that silicone found in beer can improve bone density.

The way Guinness is poured means it is less carbonated than other beers

The way Guinness is poured means it is less carbonated than other beers

3. Vitamin B
According to an article from the Institute of Brewing, a pint of Guinness is full of nutrients like all the B vitamins, except B12.

Vitamin B2 increases during the brewing process.

The vitamins play a vital role in helping our bodies convert food onto fuel.

4. Iron
Feeling tired? Iron can help boost energy levels and a pint of Guinness contains 0.3 milligrams of iron – about three per cent of an adults recommended daily dose.

Three pints will give you the equivalent of a single yolk egg.

Guinness is rich in barley, and research is underway to determine if the ferulic acid found in barley can help prevent heart disease

Guinness is rich in barley, and research is underway to determine if the ferulic acid found in barley can help prevent heart disease

5. Flavonoids
If you’ve not heard of these, they are the antioxidants that give fruit and vegetables their dark colour.

A 2003 study found flavonoids in beer can reduce the risk of heart attack from blood clots.

The research was done on dogs with clogged arteries by comparing the effects of Guinness and Heineken.

Only the dogs who drank Guinness had reduced clotting.

6. Barley
Guinness is high in barley

Barley is high in ferulic acid, which can boost the immune system.

Jennifer Bowers, a registered dietitian, told Medical Daily: “Studies demonstrate that ferulic acid is associated with improved immune function and decreased inflammation. Research is ongoing to determine preventative ferulic acid effects on cardiovascular disease and cancer.”

Guinness and other darker beers contain higher amounts of this antioxidant than lighter beers.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business / Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics / Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.