Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,544 members, 7,885,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants (1932 Views)

Buhari ‘warns Aides Over Obasanjo’ / FG Warns Niger Delta Youths - Oil Will Dry, Prepare For The Future / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by fogechi: 5:39am On May 21, 2016
PRESIDENT Muhamma­du Buhari, on Friday, urged militants in the Niger Delta to drop their confrontational stance and work with his government to review the Amnesty Programme initi­ated by the Late ex-President Umaru Yar’Adua Adminis­tration.President Buhari assured oil companies operating in the Niger Delta that the Fed­eral Government is taking all necessary actions to protect strategic assets in the region from vandals and criminals.Speaking at a meeting with the Global Director (Upstream) of the Royal Dutch Shell Group, Andrew Brown, President Buhari said that he had directed the Chief of Naval Staff to re­organise and strengthen the military Joint Task Force (JTF) in the Niger Delta to deal effectively with the re­surgence of militancy and the sabotage of oil installa­tions.The President told Mr. Brown that the operations of the JTF were also being en­hanced with increased sup­port and cooperation from the United States and Eu­rope in the areas of training, intelligence, equipment and logistics.He said: “We have to be very serious with the situation in the Niger Delta because it threatens the na­tional economy. I assure you that everything possible will be done to protect personnel and oil assets in the region.”The president urged ag­grieved persons, militants and communities in the Ni­ger Delta to drop their con­frontational stance and work with those who have been charged by the Federal Gov­ernment to review the Am­nesty Programme initiated by the Yar’Adua Adminis­tration for the benefit of all parties.President Buhari praised the resilience and staying power of Shell in Nigeria despite the operational chal­lenges of the environment.He urged the company to do its best to end gas flaring in the Niger Delta quickly and produce more gas for electricity generation to sup­port manufacturing and job creation in the country.Mr. Brown had appealed for an urgent solution to ris­ing crime and militancy in the Niger Delta.The Shell Executive also dispelled speculations that the company was pulling out of Nigeria.He said that contrary to such speculations, Shell was currently in discussions with the Nigerian National Petro­leum Corporation (NNPC) on new joint oil and gas projects.
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by fogechi: 5:39am On May 21, 2016
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by gozmok1(m): 5:43am On May 21, 2016
ASI NA AZOTA ALA AZOWA UTE

IN DUE TIME BUHALI WILL REGRET ALL THIS ALL THE DETRIMENTS ARE ON THE GOVT SIDE can you imagine Some years ago, a group of power hungry morons announced Dat they will make
Jonathan's government ungovernable. Today, dose cows are in
power and the tides have turn...
Dats what I call KARMA.
Let's see the money they will allocate to their proposed North East
Development Commission. After killing their own people, they want
to sap oyel money to fund it's development!

I stand with. NDA

AFTER ALL THEY BETTER THAN BOKO HARAM

1ST TC

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by olatunjithomas(m): 5:47am On May 21, 2016
indirectly saying"don't let what happened in 1983 repeat itself "
someone get me my face cap, I see the ship of SS hovering around the Bermuda triangle.
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by DropShot: 5:49am On May 21, 2016
Enough is enough already!
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Igbiboi: 5:52am On May 21, 2016
And if they do what will happen?

At most you run to US or Britain to beg for arms, but don't worry Donald Trump is coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Clerverley2(m): 5:54am On May 21, 2016
olatunjithomas:
someone get me my face cap, I see the ship of SS hovering around the Bermuda triangle.
Yoruba sef, keep deceiving Buhari. Even the Americans he's banking on for support will tell him that the Niger delta situation can never be settled with military force. Obasanjo tried it and he knew the result.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by chriskosherbal(m): 5:54am On May 21, 2016
The president had spoken.
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by greatiyk4u(m): 6:03am On May 21, 2016
We stand with you on this decision, these lazy guys should respect themselves and diplomatically present their grievances that is if they are reasonable
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Oladimejyy(m): 6:04am On May 21, 2016
Igbiboi:
And if they do what will happen?

At most you run to US or Britain to beg for arms, but don't worry Donald Trump is coming.

What of china and japankeep fooling urself,if buhari kill NDA notin will happen

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by orisa37: 6:06am On May 21, 2016
War of Annihilation, Nigeria beware.
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Igbiboi: 6:09am On May 21, 2016
Oladimejyy:
What of china and japankeep fooling urself,if buhari kill NDA notin will happen

What is stopping him.? Bring it on!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Oladimejyy(m): 6:09am On May 21, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
Yoruba sef, keep deceiving Buhari. Even the Americans he's banking on for support will tell him that the Niger delta situation can never be settled with military force. Obasanjo tried it and he knew the result.
When obj did it did u knw how many of ur generation that was killed and what did they do to obj NOTHING...if buhari send NA they will destroy anything and NOTHING,i repeat NOTHING igbos can do than shouting

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Oladimejyy(m): 6:12am On May 21, 2016
Igbiboi:

What is stopping him.? Bring it on!
Nothing,just that he didnt want to cause chaos among APC and the igbos,if not they will be history
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Igbiboi: 6:18am On May 21, 2016
Oladimejyy:
Nothing,just that he didnt want to cause chaos among APC and the igbos,if not they will be history

If that is the case he needs to stop bullshitting then.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by labamo07(m): 6:21am On May 21, 2016
The agitation of the militants are parochial but the government should look for a lasting solution to these problems and scrapping the amnesty programmes makes the country loose 7.2 billion daily. Not all issues should be attacked with military forces. The Nigeria military is overstretched already, thinking of deploying more military personnel to the region will never solve the problem.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by babdap: 6:29am On May 21, 2016
No one fights with the Federal Government n go scot free, Kanu, Dasuki,Tompolo and Zazzaky can attest to this fact. BH once look invincible before now. They will meet their waterloo in no time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Oladimejyy(m): 6:34am On May 21, 2016
Even the igbos during the obj regime
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Oladimejyy(m): 6:36am On May 21, 2016
babdap:
No one fights with the Federal Government n go scot free, Kanu, Dasuki,Tompolo and Zazzaky can attest to this fact. BH once look invincible before now. They will meet their waterloo in no time.
Even d igbos during the obj regime

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by cephaswizzy(m): 6:42am On May 21, 2016
karma swt die. U were happy that time boko haram confronted Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Mjshexy(f): 6:48am On May 21, 2016
My only worry is why our youths will allow themselves to be used by unscrupulous elements to destroy facilitates that will benefit all of us including their own families, we are far behind & the world isn't going to reduce its pace, it is very easy to destroy but takes a lot of time to create. We must unite to take this country to where we want it to be, God bless Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:54am On May 21, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
grin grin what result? He lost the second term bid? grin grin aren't u guys tired of cheat beating?

Na so u claim if Fulani enter your land, dem go smell weh...Na u dey smell everything now, dey about dey ask govt to intervene...lol
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by mccoy47(m): 7:04am On May 21, 2016
Old senile man making rants! Mtchewww. BRING IT ON!
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Tex42(m): 7:34am On May 21, 2016
olatunjithomas:
Nothing go happen abeg! 1983 will never repeat itself, certainly not in Niger delta.

It is people like u who encourage and guide the already stubborn Buhari on the path to self destruct. Since May 2015, there has been a military onslaught in Niger delta courtesy of a fait by Buhari, till date, we are yet to see the positive impact of that military operation, infact the losses we experience in the oil and power sector today can be attributed to Buhari's decision to use military force in Niger delta.

In spite the obvious truth that the military can not effectively manage the situation in the Niger delta region, chest beaters like u still advocate military action and a repeat of 1983, like if u were from SE, SW or North u will call for such treatment on ur region.

It is still early for Buhari to call for a dialogue with this militants before we have a budget deficit running into trillions of naira.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Presidiotbuhari: 7:43am On May 21, 2016
greatiyk4u:
We stand with you on this decision, these lazy guys should respect themselves and diplomatically present their grievances that is if they are reasonable
SLAVE

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by greatiyk4u(m): 7:47am On May 21, 2016
Presidiotbuhari:

SLAVE

Better a slave of integrity and justice than a master of Corruption and destruction.............broaden your horizon!
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Presidiotbuhari: 7:54am On May 21, 2016
Mjshexy:
My only worry is why our youths will allow themselves to be used by unscrupulous elements to destroy facilitates that will benefit all of us including their own families, we are far behind & the world isn't going to reduce its pace, it is very easy to destroy but takes a lot of time to create. We must unite to take this country to where we want it to be, God bless Nigeria.
Yoruba man!!! No one want this your one Nigeria again, the Niger delta want to be on their own, the igbos want to be on their own, hence start planning ur yeye post nigeria without this two nation. They are no longer interested in sharing one accursed Nigeria with u and ur tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Presidiotbuhari: 8:10am On May 21, 2016
But on a serious note, if u read that piece carefully, u will agree with me that OUR NEW SHERIFAT IN TOWN is gradually tonning down. It seems those guys are holding him in his blokos...lol

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Presidiotbuhari: 8:16am On May 21, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Better a slave of integrity and justice than a master of Corruption and destruction.............broaden your horizon!
By the way, when are u organizing max burial for ur enugu peeps massacred by fulanis, the kinsmen of ur lord and personal saviour? ..........efulefu

1 Like

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Rolings: 8:40am On May 21, 2016
gozmok1:
ASI NA AZOTA ALA AZOWA UTE

IN DUE TIME BUHALI WILL REGRET ALL THIS ALL THE DETRIMENTS ARE ON THE GOVT SIDE can you imagine Some years ago, a group of power hungry morons announced Dat they will make
Jonathan's government ungovernable. Today, dose cows are in
power and the tides have turn...
Dats what I call KARMA.
Let's see the money they will allocate to their proposed North East
Development Commission. After killing their own people, they want
to sap oyel money to fund it's development!

I stand with. NDA

AFTER ALL THEY BETTER THAN BOKO HARAM

1ST TC

But till date no single politician or leader from niger delta or south east has said that they will make buhari government ungovernable... .are the COWARDS? instead they go behind and sponsor NDA and employ erats like you with Nigeria's stolen money. Check out the 2016 budget very well oil income accounts for less than 20%.If you all like blow up all your pipes in the Niger delta the worse will be that government will realize only half of the projected revenue from oil.the ibos being wiser than the Niger deltans have brain washed you to blow up the pipes and destroy your environment while protecting oil installations in iboland. The destruction of pipelines is only in ijaw enclaves in delta bayelsa and rivers other oil producing areas are producing . Tell Jonathan and pdp to call their boys to order . No need for Nigeria to crush the NDA the NDA is already crushing their own people and at the end can you all dare run to iboland? No cos they won't welcome you . You will then have nowhere to run . Like Yoruba will say NIGER DELTA RONU OOOOO
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by myola(m): 9:31am On May 21, 2016
i believed most of those cheering pmb on use of force on niger delta are doing so intentionally for his destruction
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Mjshexy(f): 9:55am On May 21, 2016
Presidiotbuhari:

Yoruba man!!! No one want this your one Nigeria again, the Niger delta want to be on their own, the igbos want to be on their own, hence start planning ur yeye post nigeria without this two nation. They are no longer interested in sharing one accursed Nigeria with u and ur tribe.
Omo ibo u can keep hiding behind & ranting rubbish online with a hidden identity u coward, if u can u may go with ur family & establish your own country off the shores of Nigeria ok, we have many more sensible Igbos, N/deltans & yorubas who re willing & working hard to live together.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Environment Minister Set To Leave Buhari’s Govt / Break Down Of 2017 Capital Budget As Allocated By Geo-political Zones. / ‘Igala Not Part Of Biafra’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.