Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,535 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:52 PM

Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. (4337 Views)

10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly / 13 Features On Everyday Things You Never Knew Had A Purpose / Hidden Features Of Everyday Things You Probably Didn’ T Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 5:48am On May 21, 2016
Your home is your sanctuary, your place of entertainment, your getaway. It’s a place to unwind and relax after a hard day, a place to store all your important items, a place where you’re joined by friends and family during all those special occasions. It’s your place. But your home is also a place that’s full of deadly dangers. Chances are, you have no idea how truly dangerous your home really is, or how many things in it can seriously harm you.

source: http://www.viralnova.com/these-can-kill-you/
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-shocking/10-things-in-your-home-that-could-kill-you/?view=all
http://rainydaykitchen.com/10001/beautiful-home-exterior/archives/perfect-beautiful-home-exterior-exterior-2-1526/

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 5:49am On May 21, 2016
1. Chilli Pepper.

Chili peppers are known for making things spicier, but the thing that makes them so spicy is a chemical called capsaicin, which can cause death if consumed in excess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 5:50am On May 21, 2016
2. Nutmeg.

Large doses of this seemingly innocuous spice can, in fact, kill you. Since nutmeg is actually a hallucinogenic, ingesting too much of it can cause convulsions, seizures, and death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 5:52am On May 21, 2016
3. Airfreshners.

Air fresheners are actually just chemical cocktails. They're deadly when consumed, and they're also extremely flammable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 5:53am On May 21, 2016
4. Mushrooms.

The mushrooms that are growing in your backyard might not be as safe as you think. Over 100 species of mushrooms can kill humans. Instead of picking them from your property, stick to the grocery store.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 5:54am On May 21, 2016
5. Salmon.

A great source of protein, salmon is a commonly eaten fish. But some farm-raised salmon contain toxins that are harmful to humans. If you can't bare to part with this healthy staple, try to findfish that were caught in the wild.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by deWav: 5:55am On May 21, 2016
Explorers:
3. Airfreshners.

Air fresheners are actually just chemical cocktails. They're deadly when consumed, and they're also extremely flammable.

Air freshners, Insecticides, Perfumes and body spray are all extremely flammable..

Even excess inhalation of mosquito coil is dangerous

Inshort every thing these days can kill you ask 'a million ways to die'

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by SeverusSnape(m): 5:55am On May 21, 2016
Let me add mine.

Electricity: It's an "everyday thing" we use, We can't do without it, But it's so dangerous and deadly; In fact, Electricity is the most dangerous CITY in the world.

Fire: It's a loyal servant (It cooks your food and makes you warm), But it can also be a cruel master (It has the ability to char and scorch you beyond recognition).

3 Likes

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 5:56am On May 21, 2016
6. Nail Polish.

Nail polish is yet another chemical cocktail that's probably sitting in your house right now. Even brands that claim to avoid using chemicals are full of toxins, so please just don't put nail polish anywhere near your mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 5:58am On May 21, 2016
7. Lipstick.

Certain lipsticks contain lead. Ingestion of lipstick can lead to an array of medical complications, including death. Because of where these are applied, it's probably best to do some research into lead-free options.

"Am really scared."

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by olatunjithomas(m): 6:00am On May 21, 2016
you have never fallen my hands, not even once.
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by SeverusSnape(m): 6:00am On May 21, 2016
Explorers:
7. Lipstick.

Certain lipsticks contain lead. Ingestion of lipstick can lead to an array of medical complications, including death. Because of where these are applied, it's probably best to do some research into lead-free options.

"Am really scared."
That's why I don't kiss girls that usually apply lipstick.

2 Likes

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 6:01am On May 21, 2016
8. Toxic chemicals.

You’d be surprised at how easily the stuff under your kitchen cabinet can kill you. Always use chemicals in a well-ventilated room. Inhaling bleach can cause fluid to fill your lungs, which can be fatal. Simple upholstery shampoo may contain a corrosive chemical that can cause respiratory problems when inhaled. Dishwasher detergent is a leading cause of poisonings among small children. That’s really just the beginning.
Oven cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners and even furniture polish are all toxic and dangerous when you swallow them, inhale them or get too much on your skin.

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 6:07am On May 21, 2016
9. Tubs.

People die daily from accidental slip and drowning. Swimming pools, hot tubs and even bathtubs can be dangerous. Water is most dangerous for young children, but even an adult can accidentally drown. Stay safe in and around pools and tubs of water by adding no-slip mats near wet walking and standing areas.The bathtub is more dangerous than people think, and not just because it’s a drowning hazard. Water conducts electricity, and that’s always dangerous. Don’t use any electronics while you’re in the bathroom, and don’t habitually keep anything plugged in near the bathtub.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 6:10am On May 21, 2016
10. Extension Cords.

You probably use them everywhere. You probably couldn’t do all the daily things you do now without them. But extension cords send about 4,000 people to the emergency room every single year. They’re a dangerous tripping hazard, and that’s just the beginning of the trouble they cause. Extension cords are a big fire hazard that kill about 50 people annually. Over 3,000 house fires are started by extension cords every year. That makes them incredibly dangerous to your home.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 6:16am On May 21, 2016
11. Air Conditioners.

Sitting in the air conditioning is a great way to beat the summer heat. If your AC springs a leak, the refrigerant used in air conditioning is a type of tasteless, odorless gas that can be fatal if you breathe in enough of it. If you inhale too much refrigerant, also known by the brand name Freon, you can experience dizziness, heart palpitations, organ damage and death.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Funjosh(m): 6:17am On May 21, 2016
Na one thing must kill man. Use them man will still die, avoid them man will still die. tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 6:20am On May 21, 2016
Lots of people have died in their sleep and no 11 to my mind(most esp the rich).
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Nobody: 6:23am On May 21, 2016
okada stop, na here

1 Like

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 6:23am On May 21, 2016
Funjosh:
Na one must kill man. Use them man will still die, avoid them man will still die. tongue

Na so bro, we all die eventually. But people can still live longer and stay healthy if care is taken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Oloniyan(m): 6:24am On May 21, 2016
First time commenting on your thread. Sile12 abi sorry explorers
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by galadima77(m): 6:25am On May 21, 2016
What about spouses? Abi no records of spouses sending one ro early grave?

1 Like

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Nobody: 6:26am On May 21, 2016
Explorers:
7. Lipstick.

"Am really scared."

Lip gloss ti take over

1 Like

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by MilesLamar(m): 6:29am On May 21, 2016
Oj
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Explorers(m): 6:41am On May 21, 2016
12. Floor tiles&Stairs.

Even a small fall from a standing position straight on your head, you know, in case you hadn’t time to put your arms out to catch some of the force, is enough to kill you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by ministeriallist: 6:56am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

That's why I don't kiss girls that usually apply lipstick.
grin kiss with care

1 Like

Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by twentyk(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2016
wetin come remain now
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by SPDAZZY(f): 8:47am On May 21, 2016
Hmmmmmm. This is educative. That Ac one is scary O. God help us.
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by blessedvisky(m): 8:50am On May 21, 2016
Gege un. Vahi. Seun lalasticlala. Fp.
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by Adesiji77: 12:22pm On May 21, 2016
Na wa o...only God can save
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by ritababe(f): 1:45pm On May 21, 2016
Explorers:
7. Lipstick.

"Am really scared."

dont be scared dear oya come and kiss my red lips.
Re: Harmless Everyday Things In Our Homes That Could Actually Kill Us. by pamcode(m): 2:26pm On May 21, 2016
deWav:

Air freshners, Insecticides, Perfumes and body spray are all extremely flammable..

Even excess inhalation of mosquito coil is dangerous

Inshort every thing these days can kill you ask 'a million ways to die'
The mosquito coil part is spot on. I remember when i used one in my room when i was sleeping only to wake minutes later to feeling like i was being choked. I sharply ran out to receive fresh Air. I never used mosquito coil in my room or near my bed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Die This World Is Not Mine / If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? / Happy Birthday Afam4eva!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.