Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,890 members, 7,969,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:48 PM

Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie (850 Views)

"I Founded APGA, Not Ojukwu" - Chekwas Okorie / Igbo Nation Will Not Be Achieved Through Peace - Biafran National Guard. / Tinubu’s Title As APC Leader Now A Nickname – Okorie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by emamos: 8:54am On May 21, 2016
The renewed clamour for the secession of Biafra from the Nigeria nation agitates the mind of Ndigbo on the rationale behind the strident call. After the Civil War,General Yakubu Gowon(Rtd) had enunciated, as a panacea to remedy the battered infrastructure in the south-east geopolitical zone, three Rs,reconstruction,rehabilitation and reconciliation as veritable, to integrate the people into mainstream governance in the country.
Chief Okorie
But the Igbo have continued to agitate for better government presence, claiming that successive governments had not treated the region fairly culminating in the activities of groups calling for secession although they have been rightly faulted severally.
The Chairman United Progressives Party,UPP, and former Presidential candidate,Chief Chekwas Okorie, told Saturday Vanguard that mere protests and demonstrations embarked upon by MASSOB,IPOB and other affiliate groups for Biafra secession cannot achieve any desired result.
“Mere demonstrations and protests cannot achieve Biafra. I will advise them to use a political option. As a matter of fact,President Muhammad Buhari has tacitly suggested that when he spoke with an international news channel. Buhari said ‘Nigeria is a multi-party democracy. Igbo people should take advantage of that,organize a political party and use it to vote for what they want’. Last February, Republic of Ireland celebrated its 100 years of struggle for self determination to breakaway from United Kingdom. And they are still counting because it is not over yet. In 2014,Scotland also had a referendum. In that referendum,what Britain did was to give some concession to Scotland. The referendum failed to achieve what it was set out to achieve. Today,majority of their people,voted to remain.
“Even if you want to do a referendum in Nigeria,it cannot be possible without the cooperation of the sovereign country covering the area. Merely demonstrating on the streets cannot achieve a separate country. It can’t. It has not achieved it anywhere in the world.
Members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, at St Peter’s Square Rome, during their visit to Pope Francis at theVatican.
“He(Buhari)had almost given them a hint to what they can do. It is like somebody you want to breakaway from advising you on how to go about it. I toe the line of our late great leader,Dim Chukwuemeka Odumuegwu Ojukwu who said,’Biafra of the spirit is indestructible,but Biafra of a geographical area will require a superior Tank,to the Nigerian Tank’.
“That means a superior military force to the Nigerian military force. Which means it has to be war. Ojukwu tried and failed and advised that it should not be tried again. And I agree with that completely because that is the reality of the present day. Look at the Palestinians,they have been fighting for donkey years. But when they used a political bend instead of fighting Isreal, today,Palestinians have attracted the attention of the United Nation.
“That is why I said a lot of diplomatic leg walk and political efforts will be required. Merely raising Biafra flags and blocking the roads,streets will not achieve anything. I know my view may not please the youngsters. Biafra cannot be obtained by a mere broadcast on radio. Things have changed. Part of what agitates the youngsters is the complete absence of federal presence in the region.
lalasticlala,mynd44
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/biafra-cannot-achieved-mere-demonstrations-chekwas-okorie/
Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by Nobody: 9:18am On May 21, 2016
This f00l has taken bribe...why the sudden 180 degrees turn? Why didn't you say this when Nnnamdi Kanu was around? Nnamdi Kanu respected this guy so much. What's wrong with our Igbo leaders?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by EasternActivist: 9:53am On May 21, 2016
The man is making sense...

I think ipob should use politics to get their right back...

The unseriousness of my tribesmen when election period is devastating.

With politics I think SS and SE might find their way back home in a little time...
Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by Nobody: 10:03am On May 21, 2016
It can only be achieved by bombing fg infrastructures in SE.

Don't let us wait for avengers

1 Like

Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by KissCODE(m): 10:18am On May 21, 2016
What does this man mean?
Biafrans should float a party, win election to occupy Aso Rock, then anounce their break away? Total RUBISH!

What does he mean by leg work? Which way is he helping in doing that? People just go to press men and speak LUBICH (grin).

IPOB protest if this guy must know is just to create awareness. It is away of drawing attention to the Biafran struggle.

Anyway i still dont thing GOD wants this country to break... God is happier with a united Nigeria.
Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by kcy(m): 10:24am On May 21, 2016
wealthxxx:
This f00l has taken bribe...why the sudden 180 degrees turn? Why didn't you say this when Nnnamdi Kanu was around? Nnamdi Kanu respected this guy so much. What's wrong with our Igbo leaders?
oga hear word now
Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by kcy(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2016
MetaHuman:
It can only be achieved by bombing fg infrastructures in SE.

Don't let us wait for avengers
and face d result of pollution
Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by gidgiddy: 10:35am On May 21, 2016
Chekwas Okorie is right but also wrong. Mere protest will not get Biafra but protest turn into movements, movements turn into rebellions and rebellions result in change. For now, the protests have turned into a movement, one wrong move by Buhari will spark the movement into a rebellion. Buhari will then have to choose between sending the armed forces to kill thousands of people or agreeing to a referendum. Either way, Nigeria will finally come to an end and we Igbos can breathe the fresh air of freedom that was stolen by Lord Lugard in 1914 when he created the "circus" called Nigeria.
Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by Nobody: 10:39am On May 21, 2016
Good idea can wait for nigeria to de disolved,everybody should go there way.am tired of being hated by some people cause am yoruba nd tired of fulani murdering people everywhere they go

1 Like

Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by chernest2002: 10:43am On May 21, 2016
I don't want war but my right to self governance.
Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by Nobody: 11:07am On May 21, 2016
kcy:
and face d result of pollution
small price to pay for freedom cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by Nobody: 11:43am On May 21, 2016
ipob warriors be like

Re: Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie by goshen26: 11:44am On May 21, 2016
K

(1) (Reply)

How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill / Yeghe Women Of Rivers State Protest Over Arrest Of Their Ruler By Soldiers(Pics) / African Beauty Has Become Global Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.