Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,355 members, 7,947,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

"why I Was Kidnapped" -pete Edochie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "why I Was Kidnapped" -pete Edochie (844 Views)

Ebube Nwagbo Is Doing This To Pete Edochie (photo) / Linc Vs Yul, Who Resembles Pete Edochie More? / Cossy Orjiakor Meets Pete Edochie (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"why I Was Kidnapped" -pete Edochie by ayobase(m): 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
by tundeyg on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Ace Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie, has explained that his kidnappers explained that he was seized in protest at the obscene display of Nigeria’s stolen wealth by politicians. “

Pete Edochie

Edochie, who spoke on Africa Independent Television, on Tuesday afternoon, said he was well treated for the 24 hours he was in captivity, noting that his kidnappers accorded him much respect and dignity. “

Edochie said his kidnappers told him they were not happy at the situation in the country. He said they told him that they were into the criminal act because they wanted to get their own share of the wealth being displayed by politicians. He said the kidnappers stated that although people were repulsed by the act of seizing people, there was nothing else they could do. “

He said they refrained from shooting victims to show Nigerians that they were just focused on making money and not taking lives. Edochie, who described them as youngmen in the short interview, said he was grateful to them for the respect they accorded him. “

He expressed gratitude to Nigerians for the concern during his captivity, saying he had to switch off his phone at a point because he was feeling pains in both ears from taking calls.
Re: "why I Was Kidnapped" -pete Edochie by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2009
shocked shocked na wah
Re: "why I Was Kidnapped" -pete Edochie by amosexy: 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2009
rokiatu:

shocked shocked na wah

My sista na real wah-wah
Only God knows what dat country is turning to sad
Re: "why I Was Kidnapped" -pete Edochie by spikedcylinder: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2009
Links?
Re: "why I Was Kidnapped" -pete Edochie by mamagee6(f): 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
Are you sure the kidnappers didn't charm him? grin

(1) (Reply)

Whitney Houston Working With Akon / Culkin Brands Jackson Child Report Preposterous! / Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.