Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,283 members, 7,881,054 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:34 AM

The Poorest Man On Earth(chapter 1: Full Blooded Nigerian) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Poorest Man On Earth(chapter 1: Full Blooded Nigerian) (3357 Views)

A Completely Unclad Man On Top Of A Powerline In Lagos- Photos. / Stripper Twerks For A Dead Man On His Grave (Video, Photos) / Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Poorest Man On Earth(chapter 1: Full Blooded Nigerian) by opinionsack: 10:03pm On May 21, 2016
THIS IS PURE FICTION!
My name is Bayo , I'm a "full blooded" Nigerian. I know why I said that. My Father is Hausa , my mum is Yoruba and my maternal grand mother is Igbo.My first home address was Iyana Songo under-bridge, Lagos. Where I lived under the bridge with my dad Hassan who is a cobbler and my mum who sells sachet water. I learnt that I have two brothers, alive, they were sold out when they were babies to some rich couples. My parents said they did it for me to survive. How much did they sell each of them for? 20,000 naira!
At sixteen. I missed a great job opportunity of being a conductor to "Bade area" as he was called. He said I was an "aboki" and not wise enough to be a Lagos conductor. All these did not start today.
My Father had a rich father in Kano but when he married a Christian wife he was disowned. He came to Lagos as he sought greener pastures like many Lagosians. Neither my mum's Yoruba Father nor her Igbo mother accepted her. Under the bridge became our home.
What could an "Aboki" like me do but to resort to truck pushing. That was when I met Idowu.
Idowu became my closest companion, although he was fourteen he looked eighteen. I complained of how it was hard to be a truck pusher. He told me that truck pushing wasn't for everyone but anyone can be a drug pusher he told me that he made two thousand five hundred naira every day! I made only about three hundred naira. I never thought twice before saying yes.
..(To be continued)
Re: The Poorest Man On Earth(chapter 1: Full Blooded Nigerian) by olatunjithomas(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2016
do make sure to return before this popcorn finished I'll be waiting..........
Re: The Poorest Man On Earth(chapter 1: Full Blooded Nigerian) by opinionsack: 8:18pm On May 22, 2016
The poorest man on earth(Chapter 2: My first million)
THIS IS PURE FICTION
Idowu introduced me to Zanga , I knew as a "garage boy" but I never knew that he was also the king of the night in our "area". He was the leader of a group called "area boys".
Zanga and his boys always extorted money from bus drivers and some bike riders who weren't "sharp enough". We we got to his "office", a small shop. He listened to Idowu as he narrated my ordeal and my need for help. Zanga agreed to help, but not until I did something to show that I was fit. He said that an aspiring senator wanted his help in rigging the forth coming election and he told him that he should come alone and bring cash only. Zanga said that the money was ten million. He gave me every detail I needed. He said I should steal the money so that the senator will have to pay twice.
I knew the route the senator will take so I had to set ditches on his way. He finally fell into the trap. It was 12am and no help could come for him. Some boys and I surrounded him and went away with the money. I promised the boys one million when Zanga give me my share. In my small mind I thought that I would be "50/50".
I was" rightly-wrong", he gave me five thousand and fifty naira. What will I tell the boys?I told Idowu to help me take care of my mother that I will have to leave Lagos, because boys are not smiling. He should also explain things to my father after I leave Lagos.
I left Lagos by following a trailer headed Northwards.

(1) (Reply)

Waz Gud / Hurrah!!!! Romance Section Is 10 Years!!!!!! / Video: What Is This ? Python Or Anaconda (spotted And Killed @alabole River)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.