Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? (525 Views)

Question For Christians And Muslims: Who Are The Parents Of Cain Wife / Who Created Cain's Wife? / Who Was Cain's Wife? Was Cain's Wife His Sister?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? by shinacollins(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2016
Reading through the bible this morning, I discovered some fact and question that even the bible did not give answer to.
Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel and God cursed him and he fled from his homeland and became a wanderer. In the course of his wandering he met a "WIFE".

Where did the wife come from?

According to the bible excerpts below, after Cain and Abel, the next child Adam and Eve begat was Seth.

So, basicly the first three humans on Earth after Adam and Eve were male. Cain, Abel and Seth.

So what is happening here?
Where the the wives of CAIN and SETH come from?

I need answers please as I continue digging.
Shalom!

Genesis 4:11-24 And so, I'll put you under a curse. Because you killed Abel and made his blood run out on the ground, you will never be able to farm the land again. If you try to farm the land, it won't produce anything for you. From now on, you'll be without a home, and you'll spend the rest of your life wandering from place to place. "This punishment is too hard!" Cain said. "You're making me leave my home and live far from you. I will have to wander about without a home, and just anyone could kill me." "No!" the LORD answered. "Anyone who kills you will be punished seven times worse than I am punishing you." So the LORD put a mark on Cain to warn everyone not to kill him. But Cain had to go far from the LORD and live in the Land of Wandering, which is east of Eden. Later, Cain and his wife had a son named Enoch. At the time Cain was building a town, and so he named it Enoch after his son. Then Enoch had a son named Irad, who had a son named Mehujael, who had a son named Methushael, who had a son named Lamech. Lamech married Adah, then Zillah. Lamech and Adah had two sons, Jabal and Jubal. Their son Jabal was the first to live in tents and raise sheep and goats. Jubal was the first to play harps and flutes. Lamech and Zillah had a son named Tubal Cain who made tools out of bronze and iron. They also had a daughter, whose name was Naamah. One day, Lamech said to his two wives, "A young man wounded me, and I killed him. Anyone who tries to get even with me will be punished ten times more than anyone who tries to get even with Cain." Adam and his wife had another son. They named him Seth, because they said, "God has given us a son to take the place of Abel, who was killed by his brother Cain."
Re: Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? by bigtt76(f): 12:43pm On May 22, 2016
Following grin

Come to think if it.... Even though it might seem creation was done within 7 days, the other chapters span several years.

What this means is that there may have been other offsprings from Adam and Eve that were not quoted undecided
Re: Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Following grin
Come to think if it.... Even though it might seem creation was done within 7 days, the other chapters span several years.
What this means is that there may have been other offsprings from Adam and Eve that were not quoted undecided
bigtt76:
Following grin
,,, Honestly no one can understand the Bible very well, I once asked that question but one can able to give me the right answer
Re: Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? by CryBabies: 1:54pm On May 22, 2016
His sister.
Re: Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? by nlPoster: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
.. . . . .
Re: Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? by Inteltower: 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
go and read the book of Adam and Eve (the first & second) and get a clearer understanding. the name of the wife is mentioned there

(1) (Reply)

No Muslim Can Justify That Quran Teaches Violence – Most Reverend Idowu-fearon / Throwback Photo Of Pastor Taiwo Odukoya At 8 Years / Eternity A Must: Are You Set For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.