Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,671 members, 7,968,935 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:30 PM

World Championships - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Championships (684 Views)

Nigeria Wins Women's 4x400m Gold At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Women's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Championships by alias64: 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2009
[b]

Would Nigeria have performed worst if they had just picked anyone from the streets and sent them to compete at the games? angry angry angry

I once read an article on Nigeria preparing their athletes for a major competition and the coach was at pain to point out how scientific was the preparation including the fact that everyone ate pasta and vegetables, which was all the rage at European clubs like AC Milan etc. Watching Nigeria continually perfume worst and worst  in Athletics, every year, I cant help thinking that they should return to eating  eba, ewa, yam,  and green plantains. Nothing good ever comes from copying what whites do. 

In addition, the athletes don’t seem to care. Maybe here is proof that we complain too much as a nation. Blaming government for everything furnishes people with a sort of already-made excuse so that no one need try anymore. In other words, no one will accuse me of not trying if I do not try because they will blame government or some other authority for my fallibilities.

[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Do U Think Micheal Jordan Deserve To Be In The B/ball Hall Of Fame / Real Madrid Or Virtual Madrid?!? / African Cup Of Nations In Tragedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.