Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,629 members, 7,941,424 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:48 AM

Are Men Envious Of Successful Women? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Men Envious Of Successful Women? (450 Views)

BUA Group Boss, Abdulsamad Rabiu’s Envious War Against Aliko Dangote / Newsn-power : List Of Successful Candidates To Be Released Next Week / List Of Successful Nigerian Air Force 2016/2017 Recruitment List For Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Envious Of Successful Women? by chocolateme(f): 6:01pm On May 22, 2016
I don't know if "envious" is the right phrase to use but my point here is that most times I observe from the obvious physical/literal look of occurrences that some men seem to be envious of women who are more successful than them, they hardly blink an eye before showing their disgust and displeasure at a woman doing well.

I have witnessed it severally and observed that some of these men are just accustomed to it and doesn't even know when they show it. I was returning from work yesterday and in a public bus I boarded, a woman blocked the road with her car (Range) though in her street, I think she honked and was waiting for her security man to come open gate for her. Our driver took that street actually to avert traffic so he had to hold on for the woman to enter her compound as its a narrow street, then this elderly man sitting opposite me took offense and flared up shouting the whole bus down even blaming the driver. The woman waved at the driver apologizing and honking more for them to open her gate, that man stepped down and started abusing the woman calling her all sorts of name and asking her why she won't go to Lekki or Ikoyi to buy a house and own the whole street instead of staying here blocking other people from moving. I was really surprised shaa.
The woman later drove into her compound and we continued our movement, everyone in the bus were just staring at the man as he continued ranting and ranting about the woman driving a car when she could have taken public transport and avoid creating discomfort for other vpeople, that she is the type that would put her husband under her thumbs and bla bla bla.

It happens in different situations but I believe some men feel threatened by successful women than them especially if they feel they can't ever make it in life anymore. Do you think otherwise?
Re: Are Men Envious Of Successful Women? by Nova15: 6:10pm On May 22, 2016
Men have been envious of successful women since time immemorial.
Re: Are Men Envious Of Successful Women? by deeplow: 6:26pm On May 22, 2016
Everybody is envious of successful people, sex regardless. It is just human, and how we can deal with it is different.

As for the example you gave, it doesn't seem quite accurate. This is Nigeria, the average man/ woman is frustrated. What you witnessed was a rage induced by extreme frustration, borne by the situation of this country.

I believe it would have been worse, if the person driving had been a man.
Re: Are Men Envious Of Successful Women? by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:06pm On May 22, 2016
It is jealousy plus frustration that gave birth to the transfered aggression.
Re: Are Men Envious Of Successful Women? by Moana(f): 6:47am On May 23, 2016
On nairaland a woman cannot be successful without going down on her knees for a rich man undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Atheist In Religious Section ? / Brazil Sacks Coach Dunga After Copa Centenario Exit / It's My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.