Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,394 members, 7,950,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction (960 Views)

Which Application On Your Phone Are You Addicted To? / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction / 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction by phensbassey: 6:13pm On May 22, 2016
An addiction is when the thing
you are addicted to begins to
control your life and interferes
with your daily activities, work,
and relationships. The classical
definition of an alcoholic is
someone who wakes up to a
glass of vodka instead of a cup
of coffee. But with the boom of
technology, the signs of
addiction can also be found in
other places besides the bottom
of a glass, it can also be found
in the form of cell phones.
If you find yourself checking
your phone first thing in the
morning—before even getting
out of bed, you may be
addicted. If you find you’re
text-messaging while driving,
checking your phone instead of
working on an important
assignment, or checking
Facebook during a romantically
dinner—your phone is
interfering with your life and
you are addicted.
Are missing out on living a
fulfilled and rich life because
you’re constantly staring at
your cell phone?
Here are five tips to manage
your phone addiction.

1. The first 30 minutes of
your day

If you find yourself waking up
in the morning reaching to
check in with your phone
before you even got out of bed,
this is a serious problem. The
first 30 minutes upon
awakening should be dedicated
to creating a good start to your
day. This means getting out of
bed, freshening up, taking 5
minutes to meditate and stretch
and preparing a healthy
breakfast. Start your day doing
healthy, positive things to build
your inner fortitude to take on
the day ahead.

2. Create No-Phone Time
Zones
The truth of the matter is
having a cell phone close by at
work is common, and
sometimes even required.
Whether the ding of your phone
is work-related or not—that
specific phone alert is rarely
related to the current work at
hand. If you are constantly
getting distracted by your
phone going off—you won’t
remain focused on the work in
front of you, decreasing
productivity. Therefore, I
advocate for creating a no-
phone time-zone. This means
that for at least 2 hours of your
day(when you’re most
productive work happens) you
close off your phone and stay
completely dedicated to the
work in front of you.

www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/addicted-your-mobile-phone-5-ways-beat-your-phone-addiction.html
Re: Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction by gidimasters(m): 6:20pm On May 22, 2016
Even With All This, I'm Still Addicted To My Phone
Re: Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction by olatunjithomas(m): 6:23pm On May 22, 2016
in my own case, it's ñairaland,but not like I'm addicted, I can still check myself and adjust.
Re: Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction by Sunkyphil(m): 8:01pm On May 22, 2016
Let me try it for one day n c wat happens
Re: Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction by phensbassey: 9:05pm On May 22, 2016
3. Turn your Phone Off When You Get Into The Car This should be a law. I’m waiting for the day that it is. Just as in an aircraft you are asked to power off your electronic devices and cell phones, this should be the law of the road. It is impossible for your mind to be at two places at once. It is a law of physics: no one thing can occupy the same space at the same time, and if your mind and eyes are on your phone, they are not on the road. Driving is one of those places where you do not want to mess around. Sometimes I hear the excuse “Well, I need my phone for directions, my GPS is on it.” To that I say: what did people do five years ago? You would carefully map out your route before you left the house, or you would pull off to the side of the road as you looked at a map. The same rule should apply today. When driving— close off your phone so that you are not even tempted to look at it. Your life and other people’s lives are at stake.
4. Get Real When you are with a real life person sharing a conversation, a meal, or a cup of coffee, they are a real life form. A real person right there in front of you to engage with. Are you telling me that your virtual friends and virtual text conversations are more important than the real life person in front of you? Not only is this THE rudest thing on the planet, but it breaks down friendships and can ruin relationships. Even if you say to a friend “Oh I just need to check that,” They may respond “Oh, that’s OK.” But the truth is it’s not OK. What you are saying is that the virtual message is more important than them. They have taken time out of their busy life to meet with you, and share real life time with you. By turning your attention away from them you are inevitably saying “You are not as important.” It’s really a sickness that we are so addicted to our phones that we ignore the people we are with to hang out with virtual people over Facebook, Twitter, and text messages. Come on people—it’s time to get real.
5. Don’t Lose Sleep Over It If you find yourself up late at night playing on your phone, whether it is video games, Facebook, or text messaging, you are losing precious sleep over your addiction. The moment you stop putting energy into caring for your basic needs and pour your time and energy into your phone, you are allowing the phone to dictate your health and well- being. If you catch yourself in this scenario, my advice is to power off your phone an hour before bed time to ensure that your last hour is spent in a meaningful way, and that you get to bed on time to start the next day afresh. Your phone is just not worth losing sleep over.
Re: Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction by Kezifils(m): 2:32am On May 23, 2016
Thinking about all you've said

Nope, I'm good with this addiction.

Try spacing and paragraphing....
Re: Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction by Nobody: 6:35am On May 23, 2016
Depends on what you use your phone for..

Assuming my business needs me to be online atmost 15hrs daily, Would you call me an addict when I press my phone all the time.??

That being said, I think ''Smartphones'' gives you that sorta entertainment that gets you glued to it... Either chatting or Gaming or Surfing the net or Testing out new apps or trying out new tweaks etc..

(1) (Reply)

Must Have Apps To Have / How Your Smartphone Can Help You Quit Watching Adult Videos / Mobile Phone Popsocket Stand Holder For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.