Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,960 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:59 PM

I Want To Make A Stamp On The Global Map - Feyi Olubodun - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Want To Make A Stamp On The Global Map - Feyi Olubodun (304 Views)

Why I Don’t Wear Bra – Yoruba Actress, Feyi Hassan / Olubodun Tayo Marcus Is Trophy Ambassador: How Linda Ikeji Messed Him To Glory / Hon. Olubodun (mimiko's Aide) Drinking Trophy Invited By International Breweries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Make A Stamp On The Global Map - Feyi Olubodun by Eventnews: 6:20pm On May 22, 2016
On the show last week Feyi Olubodun made an exceptional report that was full of insights. We saw the content useful and decided to bring it to your notice. Relax while you grasp the message.

Who is Feyi Olubodun ?
Feyi Olubodun is the General Manager at Insight Communications. He is passionate about the growth and success of the organization and believes the greatness we aspire for can be achieved with great discipline.

Read the words of Feyi Olubodun below

I have always had an ambition of being a part of an organization that makes a stamp on the Global Map. Excellence requires that you do more. Somebody asked me why I had to get an MBA from a School like Duke, the answer is simple: I’m a Nigerian with a background in Psychology. I had to do more because being good is not enough. You have to be excellent as a Nigerian; otherwise nobody will pay attention to you. Excellence requires a lot of discipline, sacrifice, sleepless nights and a lot of drive. Learn to push yourself beyond personal boundaries and comfort zones so that you can achieve your goals.

I have sort of mapped a career path for myself by following questions, I don’t follow answers. Every career move I have made has always been in pursuit of an answer to a particular question. So when I was working as a Data Analyst, I began to ask questions about the Data I process and the result generated. What exactly is the Research Department or Clients doing with this data, are they using it properly? As a result, I transited to the Research Department. Again, as I pass these on to clients, I asked myself, what do they do with it, what strategy do they develop from it? I followed that question and I ended up in the Strategic Planning Department at Insight Communications, where I eventually rose to become the head of the department. I had the assignment of driving the Corporate Strategy Initiative for the entire organization. While putting together strategy retreats, I began to experience difficulties in implementing the strategy. It’s very nice to have a nice strategy document. And so I began to ask myself questions, what does it take for an organization to see the future (a strategy is a preferred future), what do they need to get there and how does that happen? That question took me to Duke for an MBA because I wanted to understand the different aspects of business. And ultimately now I’m in a role where I’m required to drive the business into the future. Leaders are expected to have answers, they are expected to know everything and it took me a while to get comfortable with not knowing everything, but knowing the right questions to ask. Great leaders must know the right questions to ask, it’s not only about having answers and that’s what I bring into everything I do. What is the right question to ask?
Read more here http://www.eventnews.com.ng/articles/feyi-olubodun/

Source : Eventnews Africa
http://www.eventnews.com.ng/articles/feyi-olubodun/

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Kanu Nwankwo Visits Hospital To Support Less Privileged Children / Daddy Showkey Turns 46 / Upcoming Artists Get In Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.