Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,338 members, 7,943,831 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:46 AM

What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? (1499 Views)

More Nigerians Applying For FRSC 2018 Recruitment Than Previous Years / V / Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 7:32pm On May 22, 2016
Make Nigerian youths and graduate stop to dey apply for job for 18 months let's see what will happen. Let every graduate go back to his/ her father's house with his/ her degree.

All these cooperations are responsible for draining the talents and gifts of young Nigerians and do not compensate sufficiently, every high earning cooperate organization in Nigeria owes every graduate money, the government too. There are many questions that needs to be asked; a lot of 'whys?' need to be answered. 

From very early stages children develop natural curiosities and tendencies all this are silenced with the imposition of Education. It is time for everyone, every graduate (employed/ unemployed) to remember to ask why.

Until we make our demands known to those around us, they will never be known. And hence the true needs of the Nigerian future Neglected.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Florblu(f): 7:34pm On May 22, 2016
Hmmmm....@Op,let's start with you.practice what you preach
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by EbukaFran: 7:39pm On May 22, 2016
In answer to your question

Unless they set up their own business and it thrives, then they will die of hunger

There is a difference between fighting an alleged injustice and having a sense of entitlement
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 7:50pm On May 22, 2016
Florblu:
Hmmmm....@Op,let's start with you.practice what you preach

Wah dyu mean by Op?
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 7:53pm On May 22, 2016
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 7:54pm On May 22, 2016
@Fran, they won't die of hunger. Whatever put them through school will sustain them.
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 11:05pm On May 22, 2016
@florblu I practice what I preach, unfortunately the scenario above is an assumption. However the rest is true. Young ppl are being exploited but it doesn't keep them from selling themselves.

Such is what life has become. My only worry is what will be left after all is gone.
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by YoungForever: 10:24am On May 23, 2016
Maybe you are young OP..but nothing good come easy, pple have to hustle thats part of life..not only 9ja but everywhr..
Create your own job, if u dont want to be submitting CV bro
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by truthalways(m): 12:52pm On May 23, 2016
I like the way you think op

It's not sound but i still like the way you think
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 2:34pm On May 23, 2016
I may be young; @YoungForever, but the young ones of nowadays are elite. Age has become nothing but a number.

Besides, there's more respect for young people today because of their achievements. Especially young Africans.
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 2:40pm On May 23, 2016
For example I believe there's enough intelligence in Nigeria to counter any terrorist group or insurgents. So why should the government seek solution elsewhere? What's wrong with investing money in the country we all claim to believe in. Spend the money inside and save the country. Its a win win situation for all.
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Xtianart(f): 5:07pm On May 23, 2016
Lolz, I have stopped applying for jobs. The consequences ? Sorry, none. I love my life now. It's four years now after I finished school. My CV was carefully, confidently and happily written, ready 3 months to my POP. Labour market, no, favour market like we were encouraged to call it in NCCF. Whenever I looked back at how I desperately and stupidly travel to places for interview, I still get mad at myself. Screw them all. Had I known earlier. I thank God I found a way out before frustration kills me.

5 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 9:22pm On May 23, 2016
There's aways a way out. We just have to find it.
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 9:25pm On May 23, 2016
Nice 1 @Xtianart
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Flyer20: 8:03am On May 24, 2016
Xtianart:
Lolz, I have stopped applying for jobs. The consequences ? Sorry, none. I love my life now. It's four years now after I finished school. My CV was carefully, confidently and happily written, ready 3 months to my POP. Labour market, no, favour market like we were encouraged to call it in NCCF. Whenever I looked back at how I desperately and stupidly travel to places for interview, I still get mad at myself. Screw them all. Had I known earlier. I thank God I found a way out before frustration kills me.

I'm curious...share your way out so others can learn.
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by toprealman: 9:00am On May 24, 2016
Everything is wrong with your post OP. Going back to your popsy's house is not the way forward. You have to do something.
If graduates say they are tired of working.....THEY WONT BE MISSED!
How many mechanical engineers can fix a faulty machine....Ac, vehicles, ETC...technicians can do it easily. many have better management skills so a little training, they are up there.
Guy faith without works is in vain. Do something!!!
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by ScofieldBello(m): 11:25am On May 24, 2016
Do me a favour. Get an impeccable Oxford dictionary, of the latest edition....then check up the meaning of MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.

Sir, Mechanical Engineering, as a course of study, has so many options. It is not necessarily to fix a broken vehicle, AC etc.

Technicians, technologists, operators, artisans, craftsmen et al all mean different things too.
Abi Urologist is same as dentist? Are they both doctors? Yes!
toprealman:
Everything is wrong with your post OP. Going back to your popsy's house is not the way forward. You have to do something.
How many mechanical engineers can fix a faulty machine....Ac, vehicles, ETC...technicians can do it easily. many have better management skills so a little training, they are up there.
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by toprealman: 5:30pm On May 24, 2016
ScofieldBello:
Do me a favour. Get an impeccable Oxford dictionary, of the latest edition....then check up the meaning of MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.

Sir, Mechanical Engineering, as a course of study, has so many options. It is not necessarily to fix a broken vehicle, AC etc.

Technicians, technologists, operators, artisans, craftsmen et al all mean different things too.
Abi Urologist is same as dentist? Are they both doctors? Yes!
Oga I used a simple example oo. Should we have talked about Engr Bleep, an electrical engineering graduate that is too scared of changing an electrical bulb or the young graduate engineer that cannot use a tester. I will be glad to check up any term even in Webster's dictionary or the all too familiar Google!
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nel4243: 9:33pm On May 24, 2016
The important thing is for you to do something and nobody is saying you should go home and sleep. What I know is the effort and resource used in applying for jobs and going for tests if channeled to the right direction one can improve oneself greatly. One just has to understand that it's all inside and that's what this institutions/ organizations take. MONEY IS JUST A PIECE OF DOCUMENT. There are a million and one ways for it to come, however what's on the inside is priceless. Everyone has to work on his/herself. The reason why an engineering graduate may not be able to repair... is because all the while he has been making himself into what the companies are hiring.
toprealman:
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by farouk0403(m): 6:55pm On May 29, 2016
Xtianart:

nice iniatiative. please can you share with me how you over come it? thou I know is confidential.But I want to learn from you am still an undergraduate in 400level.
we can talk through phone calls or whatsapp

thanks
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by lonelydora: 2:42am On May 30, 2016
This Op funny I swear
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 30, 2016
hunger
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by YourFatherYansh: 1:54pm On May 30, 2016
Xtianart:
Typical of the BLACK MAN mentality..,hiding knowledge, that is why the continent is stagnated because knowledge and idea dat should be passed from one generation 2 another is halted, ,,,maybe 2 gain appraisal as d one eyed king in d land of the blind....Go check history, every scientific discovery was a continuation or improvement of an antecedent one..,
You found a way out and u can't spew it out 2 the delight of ur audience on dsame page u posted, u want 2 be begged or as usual hide it right.... undecided......Anyway as I said BLACKMAN MENTALITY.
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Youths And Graduates Stop Applying For Job? by Xtianart(f): 2:52am On Dec 14, 2016
YourFatherYansh:

Typical of the BLACK MAN mentality..,hiding knowledge, that is why the continent is stagnated because knowledge and idea dat should be passed from one generation 2 another is halted, ,,,maybe 2 gain appraisal as d one eyed king in d land of the blind....Go check history, every scientific discovery was a continuation or improvement of an antecedent one..,
You found a way out and u can't spew it out 2 the delight of ur audience on dsame page u posted, u want 2 be begged or as usual hide it right.... undecided......Anyway as I said BLACKMAN MENTALITY.

Nice name you got there. You must be hurting...

(1) (Reply)

Fusion Mobile Ltd. Regional Recruitment. / Icsl Calling / I Got A Call From Loctech For Scholarship Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.