Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,042 members, 7,970,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:00 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (611520 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Fremlin: 8:19pm On Sep 03
cris83:

The only airtel Office in my area that has it costs the device at 30k. I'm tired of this country. We can never stick to prices set as it is on the official airtel website.

Na the thing sha, got mine for 25k, been over 3 months now
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EduTechTainMent: 9:18pm On Sep 03
WhileTrue:

The device is N35, 0000 with free 10 days validity of 50mbps
The installation is free, they will run the cable into your apartment from the nearest connection point
The plans are speed-based with 30 days validity
I do the 20 MBPS for 15k per month but they have higher speeds for a higher price

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EduTechTainMent: 9:20pm On Sep 03
WhileTrue:

The device is N35, 0000 with free 10 days validity of 50mbps
The installation is free, they will run the cable into your apartment from the nearest connection point
The plans are speed-based with 30 days validity
I do the 20 MBPS for 15k per month but they have higher speeds for a higher price

Won't the installation cost depend on the distance of their connection point to ones home though? Perhaps it's worth trying out
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik(m): 10:35pm On Sep 03
EduTechTainMent:

Won't the installation cost depend on the distance of their connection point to ones home though? Perhaps it's worth trying out
That's not how 'fiber to the home' works. First of all, the fiber is generally installed in a given area, with the fiber cable passing through the front of the buildings in that area. So, if an occupant of a home is interested in the service, the provider then connects a point from the front of your house into your house.

In the case of MTN, once the service is available in your location, you simply pay 35k. They then connect a point to your home and connect it to the router.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EduTechTainMent: 10:20am On Sep 04
dustmalik:

That's not how 'fiber to the home' works. First of all, the fiber is generally installed in a given area, with the fiber cable passing through the front of the buildings in that area. So, if an occupant of a home is interested in the service, the provider then connects a point from the front of your house into your house.

In the case of MTN, once the service is available in your location, you simply pay 35k. They then connect a point to your home and connect it to the router.

Thanks for the explanation. That's why it isn't widely used. I guess it's not available in most locations. I dobut if such a service is available where I live.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik(m): 11:00am On Sep 04
EduTechTainMent:

Thanks for the explanation. That's why it isn't widely used. I guess it's not available in most locations. I dobut if such a service is available where I live.
It's very limited in availability. You can see the list of locations where it has been deployed here apps.mtn.ng/fibre/
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Average9jaman: 12:00pm On Sep 04
Pls is mtn mifi subscription better/cheaper than mobile data, are there any differences or advantages of mifi sub over mobile sub?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 12:16am On Sep 11
Average9jaman:
Pls is mtn mifi subscription better/cheaper than mobile data, are there any differences or advantages of mifi sub over mobile sub?

Good question

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik(m): 3:23pm On Sep 11
One month used Starlink for sale.

The bundled 50ft cable and Roof mount are unused as we had extras.

Purchase receipt available.

Price: 390k

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by freeAgent99(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11
dustmalik:
One month used Starlink for sale.

The bundled 50ft cable and Roof mount are unused as we had extras.

Purchase receipt available.

Price: 390k

Location?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik(m): 9:30pm On Sep 11
freeAgent99:

Location?
Abuja
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zyzman: 8:44pm On Sep 24
Guys please where can I buy the Airtel Nokia 5G router
I’m considering buying that and if it’s too expensive I’m considering the Airtel smart tv box router all of this so I I can use the Airtel 20k unlimited monthly.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheranme9(m): 12:12am On Sep 25
Check if you have 5g in your area first
Zyzman:
I’m considering buying that and if it’s too expensive I’m considering the Airtel smart tv box router all of this so I I can use the Airtel 20k unlimited monthly.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zyzman: 6:58am On Sep 25
pheranme9:

Yes I have the 5G in my area, I even checked on the Airtel website
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EduTechTainMent: 10:03am On Sep 25
Zyzman:

They have different variants of the the smart tv box. I got a different one about 2 wks ago. It's 2g/8gb. Looks pretty though 😊
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EduTechTainMent: 10:05am On Sep 25
pheranme9:

Even if he doesn't have 5G coverage now, it's still a worthy buy and can work with 4G.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EduTechTainMent: 10:06am On Sep 25
Zyzman:

Visit any Airtel customer centre. There is also a guy on NL who sells out of Ibadan I think. You can contact him
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zyzman: 11:56am On Sep 25
EduTechTainMent:

Visit any Airtel customer centre. There is also a guy on NL who sells out of Ibadan I think. You can contact him

Airtel outlets don’t have it.
Can you please give me contact of the guy on Nairaland that sells it ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zyzman: 11:57am On Sep 25
EduTechTainMent:

They have different variants of the the smart tv box. I got a different one about 2 wks ago. It's 2g/8gb. Looks pretty though 😊

Oh really I didn’t know this.
It either I buy the smart tv box oh if the 5G router is too expensive but I just need that 5G cos Airtel 4G experience too much downtime
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by lilachiever(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25
EduTechTainMent:

Do you have a picture?

Which outlet did you get from? And does it support Netflix?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by korlhyjay(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25
Zyzman:

Oh really I didn’t know this.
It either I buy the smart tv box oh if the 5G router is too expensive but I just need that 5G cos Airtel 4G experience too much downtime
The 4g is very poor lately. But the 5g sef is not better. Just in few locations
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zyzman: 8:39pm On Sep 25
EduTechTainMent:

Please provide me his contact
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EduTechTainMent: 2:31pm On Sep 26
Zyzman:

I hv forgotten his moniker. Let me check though
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by lilachiever(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26
Zyzman:

If you’re in Lagos.

Go to Ikeja Airtel office on Oba Akran avenue, very close to Ikeja under bridge.

The reps are also very cool.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zyzman: 5:16pm On Sep 26
lilachiever:

If you’re in Lagos.

Go to Ikeja Airtel office on Oba Akran avenue, very close to Ikeja under bridge.

The reps are also very cool.

Hello bruh thank you for this information.
I will go there on Saturday
Work don’t give me time to go anywhere on weekdays.
May I know how much they sell it there?

Please find below the picture of the router for confirmation

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by lilachiever(m): 6:44pm On Sep 26
Zyzman:

Hello bruh thank you for this information.
I will go there on Saturday
Work don’t give me time to go anywhere on weekdays.
May I know how much they sell it there?

Please find below the picture of the router for confirmation

This is not the one I got. But they have lots of routers there so they should have this one too.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Scapoke(f): 5:42pm On Sep 27
Coollink router available for sale
Used just once
Location Lagos
No/WhatsApp :09067779189
Price 95k
Come with the full kit ,TP-link router and a one month subscription

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (Reply)

TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread / How To Access Facebook Desktop Version On Mobile Phones / New Release Tecno H6 - The Spec And Price Will "Wow" You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.