Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,631 members, 7,889,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:39 PM

Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa (1010 Views)

APC, Governors, Ministers Oppose Amaechi As Buhari’s Campaign DG For 2019 / FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu / Why Gov Still Oppose TSA--- Gov okowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:10am On May 24, 2016
By Emma Amaize, Festus Ahon, Akpokona Omafuaire & Ochuko Akuopha

ASABA – GOVERNOR of Delta State, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, has shed light on why he and other Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governors declined to implement the Treasury Single Account, TSA, in their states, despite the clear stand of the Federal Government on it. The governor, who delivered his first year performance report in Asaba, cleared the air on the increase in his expenditure approval limit to N250 million against the N50 million provision in the previous regimes of ex- governors James Ibori and Emmanuel Uduanghan.

Okowa washed his hands off any underhand dealings in the state-government-owned Independent Power Project, IPP, project, Oghara, which government had expended over N19 billion with the project still uncompleted. Confessing that he has had sleepless nights governing the state because of the challenges, he said he was happy that despite the economic recession, government has provided over 17,000 jobs for the unemployed, built at least 54 roads and distributed N564 million to over 3,000 person as loans to the underprivileged.

He threw a jab at his Edo State counterpart, Mr Adams Oshiomhole, who recently boasted that he would defeat him (Okowa) in an electoral contest in Delta State, saying that his (Oshiomhole) comment was pointless.

“In the first instance, there are so many states of the All Progressives Congress, APC that have not embraced TSA. This is something that we have been studying, it is not just enough, we have to study it so that we do not make any mistakes, we are aware that there are many gains in the TSA, we are also aware that we need to also apply it wisely.

“We need to understudy it and the Commissioner of Finance is still understudying it. By the grace of God, a very good aspect of it, we will adopt, so we may likely be going into a modified TSA that will not impact negatively on our commercial banks,” he said.

On the IPP, the governor stated, “Yes, I was SSG when the project was awarded, but I was not directly involved in the award of the project. I was neither Commissioner for Energy nor was I directly involved in anything that concerns the project. I can pride myself that I did not receive one kobo for the project and that is why I can speak authoritatively and with a very clear conscience concerning the IPP project.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/govs-still-oppose-tsa-gov-okowa/

Lalasticlala

Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by fashoo2010(m): 7:20am On May 24, 2016
hmmm....everything is always turn into politics in Nigeria.
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 7:22am On May 24, 2016
Another mistake made by we Deltan. This one worst pass Uduaghan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 7:28am On May 24, 2016
Pointless remark from u Okowa

1 Like

Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by KissCODE(m): 7:46am On May 24, 2016
Stelvin101:
Another mistake made by we Deltan. This one worst pass Uduaghan
please how is Ifeanyi Okowa a mistake?

Just help me to understand.
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 7:49am On May 24, 2016
KissCODE:
please how is Ifeanyi Okowa a mistake?

Just help me to understand.

Are you a Deltan or do you reside in Delta State?
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 7:50am On May 24, 2016
kenonze:
Pointless remark from u Okowa

Chiosssss! Those hips are damn killing in ur profile pic shocked
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by kurt09(m): 7:53am On May 24, 2016
Completed 54 roads? God bless you Sir. Okezie, Rochas take note.
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 8:03am On May 24, 2016
Stelvin101:

Chiosssss! Those hips are damn killing in ur profile pic shocked

Men will always be men.
See where testosterone have taken u to

1 Like

Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by KissCODE(m): 8:14am On May 24, 2016
Stelvin101:

Are you a Deltan or do you reside in Delta State?
grin... I am not a Deltan... I dont “reside“ in Delta state...
But my office is in Delta state... So i am always in Delta state...
Most days i stay from morning till 7pm...
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by KissCODE(m): 8:16am On May 24, 2016
kenonze:

Men will always be men. See where testosterone have taken u to
humnnn...
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 8:17am On May 24, 2016
kenonze:

Men will always be men.

Even an impotent man will be resurrected seeing that. Two things makes a man shout Chisos, one is money and the other is..... you already know grin

1 Like

Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:24am On May 24, 2016
Just Lukat How Those Oga's ^^^ Turned My Thread To Complimenting Ground & Viewing Hips Arena.. OH LAWD!!

Buhari Why!!!
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 8:30am On May 24, 2016
KissCODE:
grin...
I am not a Deltan...
I dont “reside“ in Delta state...

But my office is in Delta state... So i am always in Delta state...

Most days i stay from morning till 7pm...

Then you have no idea the agony people have been facing. Uduaghan's tenure was a disaster as everything stopped working. Okowa own presently, we don't even know if Delta State has a governor or not because we ain't seeing anything. Okowa has not done even one thing. Nobody understands than man at all. Delta State problem is bigger than any other state in this country.

1 Like

Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by mrvitalis(m): 8:50am On May 24, 2016
kenonze:

Men will always be men.
I love pH girls.. ...

1 Like

Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by Syphax(m): 9:33am On May 24, 2016
Dear God,
You Took away my favorite Singer (Lucky Dube)
Also took away my favorite Rapper (2pac)
You took away my favorite Actor (Bruce Lee)
Took away My favorite Comedian (Dede One Day)
God, Am writing this to let you know that President Buhari is my Favorite President
Hope To Hear From You Soon
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by ckmayoca: 9:51am On May 24, 2016
kenonze:

Men will always be men.

Na nipple me see oh.
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by sanandreas(m): 10:27am On May 24, 2016
What did he say his achievement was? Common delta is one of the richest state in Nigeria but our leaders are extremely corrupt. Okowa you better perform or else 2019 will be a mirage.
Re: Why Governors Still Oppose TSA Account- Gov. Okowa by loomer: 10:34am On May 24, 2016
Stelvin101:

Then you have no idea the agony people have been facing. Uduaghan's tenure was a disaster as everything stopped working. Okowa own presently, we don't even know if Delta State has a governor or not because we ain't seeing anything. Okowa has not done even one thing. Nobody understands than man at all. Delta State problem is bigger than any other state in this country.

Abi when ibori been dey work and do him best una call am thief.

(1) (Reply)

i will show no one my certificate / Hilarious Meme Of Osinbajos Visit To Ogoni / Buhari Appoints New CSO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.