Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,854 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady (52147 Views)

Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Husband Of Woman Who Carried Placard Rejects KBK Foundation's Job, Wants N200k / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 24, 2016
Naughtysite:

You see the bolded, it is enough to make a man a mediocre for life.

Hunger no dey look face. No food for lazy/shy man. If i give you my own history of places i have worked and things i now do to survive as an entrepreneur, it will look as if i am blowing trumpet.

But people like you, if you have a cement shop, you cant sell because you are shy, if you are given a free bus or taxi, you cant ride because you are shy.

Kwantinue..

Sir, I believe u misconstrued my comment! I am not shy in doing any work......after all, there's dignity in labour(no matter the kind, as far as its not stealing)!

In addendum, standing in a public place with a placard, seeking for job, is not a job! I cannot do that!!

Talking about meniac jobs.......I have applied to some companies as a driver, even with my 2.1, I have worked in a building site so many times, as a labourer!! I'd rather do all these dirty jobs and wait for big one the lord would bring, than stand in a public place with a placard, seeking for job
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by YEM101: 5:41pm On May 24, 2016
Work indeed, me am jealous ooo, cos some guys don dey think they can use the opportunity to get in between her legs, grrrrr they will miss out oooo
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by ClintonDal(m): 5:42pm On May 24, 2016
Ngokafor:

....You are so right about the analysis of politics at newspaper stands and ofcourse Social Media e.g Nairaland ...endless arguements and rancour for days on end .I just do not get it.

...she certainly thought out of the box and it payed off....I wonder what will become of those frustrated and jobless haters now.
Exactly, probably the haters would be in their rooms wishing they were a bit wiser.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 24, 2016
austinosita:

Sir, I believe u misconstrued my comment! I am not shy in doing any work......after all, there's dignity in labour(no matter the kind, as far as its not stealing)!

In addendum, standing in a public place with a placard, seeking for job, is not a job! I cannot do that!!

Talking about meniac jobs.......I have applied to some companies as a driver, even with my 2.1, I have worked in a building site so many times, as a labourer!! I'd rather do all these dirty jobs and wait for big one the lord would bring, than stand in a public place with a placard, seeking for job

God will remember you...
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by ClintonDal(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2016
Gaborone:

My thoughts.

Thank you.
Anytime.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by obstead200(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2016
[size=13pt]
If I were a 2.1 graduate of computer science, I cannot be jobless.
Someone intelligent enough to mAke such grade shud have been wise enough to follow it up with vintage and competitive IT certifications.
But am not surprised. Go to our tertiary institutions and see how this 2.1 is obtained these days. These children are brainless.

I remain convinced that there are jobs out there. What is needed is the correct mindset, the correct poise, the intelligence, the ability to articulate, the street smartness etc to get an invite for interviews and wow ur interviewer when u get there.
95% of today's graduate score zero in all these. The remaining 5% got the jobs

[/size]

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by obstead200(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2016
lifestyle1:
I just hope she will be able to defend her 2.1.

my sentiments exactly.
Not to sound sadistic, but I won't be surprised if she can't.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by obstead200(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2016
Ferdinandu:
Elumelu is an Entrepreneur. Every successful Entrepreneur knows that it takes someone with mind to do things from established norm to succeed. Very few people can have the mind to do what the girl did. Elumelu knows that the girl can be an asset if channeled properly.
this is another very logical perspective of looking at the issue
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by kenoz(m): 7:00pm On May 24, 2016
Baba God is about to answer her call.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by DivaFiva: 7:18pm On May 24, 2016
Resurgence:
I knew someone will pick her up lipsrsealed

She is young and beautiful, she also finished with a good grade.

If it was a guy oyo Na your own.

Ad much as I hate to say this. Being a beautiful girl had alot to do with this.

How many other girl has been picked up?
Unless of course you automatically think she is selling herself because she is beautiful
Being a graduate had everything to do with it.
She is selling her skill-set that does not include how good she is in bed. Jesus!
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by sweatlana: 7:37pm On May 24, 2016
Resurgence:

Stop that. I'm not selling female short.

I spoke the truth, it's bitter but what do you expect? There are firms she could walk in to she didn't, she deliberately paraded herself on the street.

I am a firm believer of treating both sex equally but that doesn't change the reality of things.

The dapper wind screen clearer in lagos nkor? Won't you call that as parading himself? The lady was desperate and rightfully so! Guess what? It paid off! She is qualified not a sex object!
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 24, 2016
DivaFiva:

How many other girl has been picked up?
Unless of course you automatically think she is selling herself because she is beautiful
Being a graduate had everything to do with it.
She is selling her skill-set that does not include how good she is in bed. Jesus!

Lol.. Who are you kidding here? She didn't go to offices in search of jobs but still on the street of lekki wearing a casual cloth. Jeans to be precise!

Do you know how many people has been to Tony's firm looking for jobs? People with skill! They didn't get.

A girl stands on the street and you tell me she isn't selling herself. Please grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 24, 2016
sweatlana:

The dapper wind screen clearer in lagos nkor? Won't you call that as parading himself? The lady was desperate and rightfully so! Guess what? It paid off! She is qualified not a sex object!

My point exactly, His looks and dressing was the reason he got noticed and I'm repeating myself, her looks and gender is the reason she got noticed too.

Marketing yourself on the street. Let a guy try it. The same people will say "oga go find work".....

You can fight it all you like but it's a total wrong approach and I m still of the opinion she knew it would come to this.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by chachanga: 8:01pm On May 24, 2016
See Stainless Tony
Sharpman Extraordinare!
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by 0955eb027(m): 8:36pm On May 24, 2016
1miccza:

Don't mind ITKs on NL people are trying to get a way out some one is analysing... I am seriously thinking of what to do to attract my own attention just imagine say na me meet Tony Elumelu sooo chai!!! All my skills na in e go know.....
i tire o my bro. Just because some of them are blessed with the soaring swiftness of the eagle, dem go com nairaland dey form motivational speaker. Some wey neva even think out of a square peg sef go dey scream think out of the box. Our scripts has been written, we are only acting it out on earth. GOD help us all.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by sweatlana: 8:46pm On May 24, 2016
Resurgence:

My point exactly, His looks and dressing was the reason he got noticed and I'm repeating myself, her looks and gender is the reason she got noticed too.

Marketing yourself on the street. Let a guy try it. The same people will say "oga go find work".....

You can fight it all you like but it's a total wrong approach and I m still of the opinion she knew it would come to this.
She knew it would come to what? Her getting a job, isn't that the whole point? You say her looks and gender, should she have rubbed charcoal on her face to appear ugly or pretended to be a man? Stop putting your fellow woman down for no reason. This lady did absolutely nothing wrong, she was just creative and it paid off big time. I salute her courage and creativity.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by 1miccza: 11:16pm On May 24, 2016
0955eb027:
i tire o my bro. Just because some of them are blessed with the soaring swiftness of the eagle, dem go com nairaland dey form motivational speaker. Some wey neva even think out of a square peg sef go dey scream think out of the box. Our scripts has been written, we are only acting it out on earth. GOD help us all.

Amen o my brother,most of them have everything at their beck and call so to them everyone that does not,can not or have not attained their height is lazy and foolish and nothing they do would seem right to such folks....
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by 1miccza: 11:19pm On May 24, 2016
obstead200:
this is another very logical perspective of looking at the issue

To those who care to see it of course,i am really surprised that those bashing that lady are females like her.. Bad belle na bad thing shaaaa....
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 5:54am On May 25, 2016
She's obviously very confident. That's why such kind of people get job offers.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by LBanks(m): 10:40pm On May 25, 2016
Okay me I will wear my suit and start doing vulcanizer "Corporate vulcanizer". Maybe someone will locate me

Meanwhile nobody should steal my idea oh
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by LBanks(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2016
sweatlana:

She knew it would come to what? Her getting a job, isn't that the whole point? You say her looks and gender, should she have rubbed charcoal on her face to appear ugly or pretended to be a man? Stop putting your fellow woman down for no reason. This lady did absolutely nothing wrong, she was just creative and it paid off big time. I salute her courage and creativity.
Oga she is saying the truth, she is not putting her fellow woman down.
I bet you if that girl was ugly and pulled that stunt, nobody for look her face

A beautifil girl like that pulling that stunt, I bet you even if Tony Elumelu didn't call her, someone else would have called her
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by sweatlana: 7:19am On May 26, 2016
LBanks:
Oga she is saying the truth, she is not putting her fellow woman down.
I bet you if that girl was ugly and pulled that stunt, nobody for look her face

A beautifil girl like that pulling that stunt, I bet you even if Tony Elumelu didn't call her, someone else would have called her
And how is that her fault?
I'm a woman , and being good looking is not a crime.
The lady has a 2.1 dose that not count?
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by DivaFiva: 9:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Resurgence:

Lol.. Who are you kidding here? She didn't go to offices in search of jobs but still on the street of lekki wearing a casual cloth. Jeans to be precise!

Do you know how many people has been to Tony's firm looking for jobs? People with skill! They didn't get.

A girl stands on the street and you tell me she isn't selling herself. Please grin grin

What is wrong with wearing jeans?
You go and wear singlet na... Let's see if you'll get a job. Yeye.
Without any proof, you are quick to throw stones and job a struggling girl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries 2017 Management Trainee Discussion Thread / Immigration Service Is Recruiting! / What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.