Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,886 members, 7,918,884 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:58 PM

The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. (1816 Views)

Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming / Oriki Olodumare: A Compilation Of Divine Salutation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 5:39pm On May 24, 2016
To Muslims, nothing happens unless it is the will of Allah and before Allah, humans are helpless to effect any change by themselves. Allah has no helpers and no associates, no intermediaries and none should be worshipped except Allah and Allah must be worshipped only according to laid down procedure or dictates of Mohammed his first and last prophet. As bad as all the other Abrahamic prophets were, none tried to force the whole world to adopt their personally conceptualised spiritual procedure, only Mohammed did that. He was the pioneer of that amongst Prophets. The Muslim Allah of Mohammed is the only person who determines destiny.

That is Islam which wants us to think we are helpless. To us as Aborishas we are masters of our destinies, not God, who is Olodumare to us and Allah to Mohammed's parents. His father was named Abdullahi. One thing is that if we maintain the path of righteousness, Olodumare will provide resources for us to achieve our dreams or plans. We agree we live in a matrix but we believe it is fluid and not static. Hence the saying. Bo ni tiri ola o ri bee lo difa fun Babalawo to n difa oroorun which means 'Today is not like tomorrow was Ifa's message for the Babalawo who consults Ifa every five days meaning every week.'. I may turn to a cobra and back to a human being either as part of an entertainment troupe or to observe a ritual. That will be my personal choice using the power of Olodumare not the plan of Olodumare. So unlike Muslims, we Aborishas are not helpless under Allah. I can effect change whether for good or bad. If good, Olodumare will support and if bad, Olodumare will be against it. Olodumare is to us and the irunmales what the US President is to the US.

Final position on July 30 2022

We have plans which we involve in self interested actions to bring to pass but the actual destination or destiny is known and determined only by the Invisible hand which is God as conceptualized by Adam Smith the Scottish philosopher of the eighteenth century but we must always take part in self interested actions without leaving anything to Olodumare(God) from the beginning to the end.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Xclusivegrin007(m): 5:43pm On May 24, 2016
Ok
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Muaadh(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2016
Hmm,guess you just graduated from primary school ryhme to secondary school prose.

The concept of preordainment and predestination lie solely with the scholars of Islam and not just for "ignorants" like you ( pardon my confrontation). It is so wide and needs brighter explanation unlike the fabricated fable of the yoruba dumb-ideology that leaves nothing to be desired of. ¤¤ go learn ¤¤

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 7:06pm On May 24, 2016
Muaadh:
Hmm,guess you just graduated from primary school ryhme to secondary school prose.

The concept of preordainment and predestination lie solely with the scholars of Islam and not just for "ignorants" like you ( pardon my confrontation). It is so wide and needs brighter explanation unlike the fabricated fable of the yoruba dumb-ideology that leaves nothing to be desired of. ¤¤ go learn ¤¤

We Aborisha do not rest on our oars waiting for God like mugus. We are authours of our own destiny. The theology is different from Islam. The zombie theologies of Islam and Christianity have to be banned to save the Earth.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
We have plans which we involve in self interested actions to bring to pass but the actual destination or destiny is known and determined only by the Invisible hand which is God as conceptualized by Adam Smith the Scottish philosopher of the eighteenth century but we must always take part in self interested actions without leaving anything to Olodumare(God) from the beginning to the end.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2022
lawani:
To Muslims, nothing happens unless it is the will of Allah and before Allah, humans are helpless to effect any change by themselves. Allah has no helpers and no associates, no intermediaries and none should be worshipped except Allah and Allah must be worshipped only according to laid down procedure or dictates of Mohammed his first and last prophet. As bad as all the other Abrahamic prophets were, none tried to force the whole world to adopt their personally conceptualised spiritual procedure, only Mohammed did that. He was the pioneer of that amongst Prophets. The Muslim Allah of Mohammed is the only person who determines destiny.

That is Islam which wants us to think we are helpless. To us as Aborishas we are masters of our destinies, not God, who is Olodumare to us and Allah to Mohammed's parents. His father was named Abdullahi. One thing is that if we maintain the path of righteousness, Olodumare will provide resources for us to achieve our dreams or plans. We agree we live in a matrix but we believe it is fluid and not static. Hence the saying. Bo ni tiri ola o ri bee lo difa fun Babalawo to n difa oroorun which means 'Today is not like tomorrow was Ifa's message for the Babalawo who consults Ifa every five days meaning every week.'. I may turn to a cobra and back to a human being either as part of an entertainment troupe or to observe a ritual. That will be my personal choice using the power of Olodumare not the plan of Olodumare. So unlike Muslims, we Aborishas are not helpless under Allah. I can effect change whether for good or bad. If good, Olodumare will support and if bad, Olodumare will be against it. Olodumare is to us and the irunmales what the US President is to the US.
Very interesting position. undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Lukuluku69(m): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
lawani:

Orisirisi on Nairaland.

Mr. Aborisha, ride on.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Orisirisi on Nairaland.

Mr. Aborisha, ride on.

Ride on too just keep to your lane and don't come to my surrounding to describe God as a mad man.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
lawani:
Ride on too just keep to your lane and don't come to my surrounding to describe God as a mad man.
Does Olodumare promise you a destination after death or is it a return trip back to earth after death?, undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Does Olodumare promise you a destination after death or is it a return trip back to earth after death?, undecided

Everything in this dimension is an image of the other dimension and people are being sent to this dimension by incarnation of people in the other dimensions until this dimension becomes perfect like the other dimension of Olodumare.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
lawani:
Everything in this dimension is an image of the other dimension and people are being sent to this dimension by incarnation of people in the other dimensions until this dimension becomes perfect like the other dimension of Olodumare.
So this is a cloning Job going on here of what is another dimension? So how does this dimension become as perfect as the other dimension? undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So this is a cloning Job going on here of what is another dimension? So how does this dimension become as perfect as the other dimension? undecided

We were all sent here to make this place better as a whole but majority of us focus on ourselves and the people under our immediate jurisdiction especially our children while not bothering about others. If enough people do the job they were sent here from the other dimension to do,brhen Earth will become a paradise in one decade and there will be immense advancement in all sectors of human endeavour until the civilization ends.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2022
lawani:
We were all sent here to make this place better as a whole but majority of us focus on ourselves and the people under our immediate jurisdiction especially our children while not bothering about others. If enough people do the job they were sent here from the other dimension to do,brhen Earth will become a paradise in one decade and there will be immense advancement in all sectors of human endeavour until the civilization ends.
So the job of perfection involves advancements in all sectors of what is human science? undecided

That is the cloning job we are all here on earth for? If we are most of us broken - focused on selfish desires - how then or when do you expect perfection will ever be reached? How many more billions of souls will be needed to accomplish that task? undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by wolesmile(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2022
Àwọn abọ̀rìṣà ti gbà'jọba!!!

Seun, a section needs to be created for traditionalists too o.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So the job of perfection involves advancements in all sectors of what is human science? undecided

That is the cloning job we are all here on earth for? If we are most of us broken - focused on selfish desires - how then or when do you expect perfection will ever be reached? How many more billions of souls will be needed to accomplish that task? undecided
Do your part because major advancements in any sector can be championed by only one person and the rest of us will conform but if nobody at all is when there will be problem
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
lawani:

Do your part because major advancements in any sector can be championed by only one person and the rest of us will conform but if nobody at all is when there will be problem
I don't understand. Why does perfection have to be about these advancements ? Why not something better or more meaningful?? undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Maynnmann: 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand. Why does perfection have to be about these advancements ? Why not something better or more meaningful?? undecided

You are not making sense.

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Lukuluku69(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2022
lawani:

You be better on your own lane if you didn't drag Islam into your orisirisi you put up on Nairaland.

And who describe God has a mad man?
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 10:12am On Jul 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Advancement is only towards perfection. If you make something better, more efficient and etc then you are moving towards perfection

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2022
lawani:
Advancement is only towards perfection. If you make something better, more efficient and etc then you are moving towards perfection
can humans, an imperfect species, really ever derive or achieve perfection? undecided

Before oyinbo came to the shores of Nigerians, Manu of you olodumare worshippers didn't really concern yourselves with the science of the white man and his many accomplishments up until that point in time, but here you now tell us that Olodumare's plan is for men to achieve perfection in what is really been majorly the science of the oyinbo, how come? undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Maynnmann: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
can humans, an imperfect species, really ever derive or achieve perfection? undecided

Before oyinbo came to the shores of Nigerians, Manu of you olodumare worshippers didn't really concern yourselves with the science of the white man and his many accomplishments up until that point in time, but here you now tell us that Olodumare's plan is for men to achieve perfection in what is really been majorly the science of the oyinbo, how come? undecided

Ignorant fool, the first industry was in africa. Look up oldowan industry.
The first people that ruled europe was black.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Perfection on Earth can be defined then we work towards it

No more wars.
Even development
Longer life spans
Cheap energy and possible eradication of fossil fuel..
Zero poverty.
Fulfilling jobs for every worker
Every human being on Earth becomes a PhD before age 60.
No autocratic governments
Development of academic theology and a ban on the public propagation of Islam and Christianity.
Rich and high quality of life.

If all the above can be achieved then the world has become perfect enough but as it is not perfect at all. However when all the above is achieved, new issues will immediately arise.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Aug 01, 2022
lawani:
Perfection on Earth can be defined then we work towards it

No more wars.
Even development
Longer life spans
Cheap energy and possible eradication of fossil fuel..
Zero poverty.
Fulfilling jobs for every worker
Every human being on Earth becomes a PhD before age 60.
No autocratic governments
Development of academic theology and a ban on the public propagation of Islam and Christianity.
Rich and high quality of life.

If all the above can be achieved then the world has become perfect enough but as it is not perfect at all. However when all the above is achieved, new issues will immediately arise.
This is what Olodumare considers the standard of perfection for man in this dimension. undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Maynnmann: 12:25am On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This is what Olodumare considers the standard of perfection for man in this dimension. undecided

you prefer heaven and hell?

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 12:55am On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:

That will be a paradise compared to what presently is obtainable. When that one is achieved, then you set new targets like longer life span, space exploration or even immortality. Those are all possibilities but you must be a degree holder to be admitted for MSc. What I described if achieved would be perfect for now

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 1:03am On Aug 01, 2022
lawani:
1. That will be a paradise compared to what presently is obtainable.

2. When that one is achieved, then you set new targets like longer life span, space exploration or even immortality. Those are all possibilities but you must be a degree holder to be admitted for MSc. What I described if achieved would be perfect for now
Well, your personal idea of paradise may not be my personal idea of what paradise should be hence the reason why I asked if that list is yours of Olodumare's actual list. undecided

2. If you have to set new targets after that list there is attained, then that means what you have isn't perfection. If all perfection is simply the same as what we are used to which are continually moving targets, then how can we call it perfection? undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, your personal idea of paradise may not be my personal idea of what paradise should be hence the reason why I asked if that list is yours of Olodumare's actual list. undecided

2. If you have to set new targets after that list there is attained, then that means what you have isn't perfection. If all perfection is simply the same as what we are used to which are continually moving targets, then how can we call it perfection? undecided

What is your own idea of perfection?. If you don't have any then there is a problem because you will not be able to go forward but backwards.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2022
lawani:
What is your own idea of perfection?. If you don't have any then there is a problem because you will not be able to go forward but backwards.
My expectation is that the creator's notion of perfection is beyond that which the human minds can conceive. undecided

My idea of perfection cannot be achieved by humans because humans are by nature are fallible. undecided
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:

There are different types of perfection. To be perfect in character is the easiest and everybody must attain that but a drawing, the delivery of a project and etc can not reach the end of perfection while an individual can in character.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by lawani: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
My expectation is that the creator's notion of perfection is beyond that which the human minds can conceive. undecided

My idea of perfection cannot be achieved by humans because humans are by nature are fallible. undecided

We are a miniature form of the creator. Image of the creator is what we are as individuals. According to the Yoruba theology, when Olodumare want to embark on anything, he will summon his Awos for consultation
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Maynnmann: 8:35am On Aug 01, 2022
lawani:

We are a miniature form of the creator. Image of the creator is what we are as individuals. According to the Yoruba theology, when Olodumare want to embark on anything, he will summon his Awos for consultation

But you know in yoruba mythology, Olodumare is aloof.
It was obatala that created humans and earth with the help of Olodumare first born, orunmila.
And in yoruba mythology, Olodumare is not the only supreme god, olokun is also at par with him.
Re: The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. by Kobojunkie: 8:37am On Aug 01, 2022
lawani:

There are different types of perfection. To be perfect in character is the easiest and everybody must attain that but a drawing, the delivery of a project and etc can not reach the end of perfection while an individual can in character.
So which type of perfection are we expected to attain by those of the other dimension? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Shocking Bible Verses You Will Never Believe Are Actually In The Bible / Oshun Spiritual Powers, Healing & Giver Of Healthy Children Mystical Statue / What You Must Know Before Accepting Jesus As Your Lord And Personal Saviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.