Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:54 AM

Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) (72301 Views)

German Shepherd (alsatian) Puppies For Sale At FESTAC TOWN / Have A Baby Crocodile / Check Out This Huge Crocodile Of A Pet In A Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by supereagle(m): 5:52am On May 26, 2016
cnwokike:
Is it edible?

Yes. Tastes like fresh water fish.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by IndianBwoy(m): 6:59am On May 26, 2016
dauntless15:
keep saying thrash, one day a gay will tear your ass, since thunder dont fire people anymore, stupid boy claiming atheist, INDIAN COW

Im not atheist. Im traditionalist.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by IndianBwoy(m): 7:00am On May 26, 2016
AlanSugar:

Stop talking nonsense! Even the Bible reported how God commanded Peter to rise, kill and eat, and this was all about killing and eating of animals! Why is this croc different from the beef you eat everyday? This ain't hypocrisy, it's stewpiidity! Besides who told you the croc is innocent? Do you know how many people lost in the canal have been chewed up by this monster? To the killers, pls send me a piece!

Stop believeing in outdated jewish fairytales. Go get an education.

The West African crocodile is facing extinction. Thats the difference.

Plus i dont consume beef.

Go vegetarian . Its best.

No one can be chewed by this small croc.

You can anyways carry on with your opinion. Coz you come from an uncivilized place . 3rd world country. So i understand.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by dauntless15(m): 7:06am On May 26, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Im not atheist. Im traditionalist.
not only traditionalist, you are a herbalist not the herb gathering type, the kinky type, D GOD u don't believe exist will punish you

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by danidee10(m): 7:36am On May 26, 2016
Firefire:
Waoooooo shocked

When will you learn the it's wow not wao ehnn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by TheAlchemist: 7:50am On May 26, 2016
dauntless15:
hahaha no be only west African crocodile, its Lebanese crocodile, if it attack people will you know?, i wish i can keep you in a cage with it, when it goes hungry i will see what its next meal will be, you will make a sweet steak cuisine for it.

Could this be the reason people disappear never to be traced again ! No phone calls, no demand fro ransom... just disappeared into thin air/perhaps into the belly of a giant croc!
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by dauntless15(m): 8:12am On May 26, 2016
TheAlchemist:

Could this be the reason people disappear never to be traced again ! No phone calls, no demand fro ransom... just disappeared into thin air/perhaps into the belly of a giant croc!
they are carnivores they eat meat and grows very large, people are just copying white people not knowing what the whites trust in, kill it before it eats you without batting an eyelid, a creature bold enough to attack a Buffalo, a warthog, a fully grown gazelle, and someone is there saying it cant eat people.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by DeleSuper1: 8:23am On May 26, 2016
tongue bundesliga,
when will they find lion or tiger?
gerarahere!
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by dauntless15(m): 8:36am On May 26, 2016
Lolong (died 10 February 2013) was the largest crocodile in
captivity. He was an Indo-Pacific or saltwater crocodile
( Crocodylus porosus) measured at 6.17 m (20 ft 3 in), and
weighed 1,075 kg (2,370 lb), making him one of the largest
crocodiles ever measured from snout-to-tail. [1][2][3][4]
In November 2011, Australian crocodile expert Dr. Adam
Britton of National Geographic sedated and measured Lolong
in his enclosure and confirmed him as the world's largest
crocodile ever caught and placed in captivity. [5][2]
Lolong died in captivity at around 8 pm on 10 February 2013.
[6]
Capture and habitat
Lolong was caught in a Bunawan creek in the province of
Agusan del Sur in the Philippines on 3 September 2011. [3][7]
He was captured with the joint cooperation of the local
government unit, residents, and crocodile hunters of
Palawan . The giant crocodile was hunted over a period of
three weeks; once it was found, it took around 100 people to
bring him onto land. [8] He became aggressive at several
points during the capture, and twice broke restraining ropes
before eventually being properly secured. [9] He was
estimated to be at least 50 years old. [10]
Lolong was suspected of eating a fisherman who went missing
in the town of Bunawan, and also of consuming a 12-year-
old girl whose head was discovered two years earlier. He was
also the primary suspect in the disappearance of water
buffaloes in the area. In the examination of the stomach
contents after his capture, no remnants of water buffaloes
reported missing before Lolong's capture were found, nor
human remains. [11]
The nongovernmental organization activist Animal Kingdom
Foundation Inc., with the cooperation of People for the
Ethical Treatment of Animals , had urged the local
government of Bunawan to return Lolong to the creek of
barangay Nueva Era, where the giant reptile was captured.
But, in an ongoing debate, Bunawan mayor Edwin "Cox"
Elorde and residents of the barangay opposed the
crocodile's release, arguing that he would threaten
individuals living in the vicinity of the creek.

wikipedia, and they say it doesn't eat people, just because it hasn't grown enough to eat people or because they haven't seen it eat people, that croc might be only 5yrs and crocs live upto 50 yrs
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:46am On May 26, 2016
Flexherbal:
This is really huge!

The crocodile is so very unfortunate getting caught alive in a country without animal rights and worst still, at a time the people are so hungry.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by ibolomo(m): 10:04am On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
Black man will kill it
White man will save in in conservation

Black man is savage
white man is civilised

this is a croc....take it to a sanctuary
this mentality of yours is the reason Africa is still backward. The whites are in no way more civilised than us. Did you see any sign of harm on the croc? What gives you the impression that they will kill it? All I see is restraints on it's jaw to stop it from hurting anyone. From the Lagos people I know, if there intended to kill it, they would have already done so and posted the DEAD pics instead.
And by the way, your black-man inferiority complex is second to none. You need to deal with it.
Your so called "civilized white man" did this to crocs.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/06/24/crocodile-alligator-farming-abuse-skins-hermes-fashion

Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by IkpuMmadu: 10:50am On May 26, 2016
ibolomo:

this mentality of yours is the reason Africa is still backward. The whites are in no way more civilised than us. Did you see any sign of harm on the croc? What gives you the impression that they will kill it? All I see is restraints on it's jaw to stop it from hurting anyone. From the Lagos people I know, if there intended to kill it, they would have already done so and posted the DEAD pics instead.
And by the way, your black-man inferiority complex is second to none. You need to deal with it.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/06/24/crocodile-alligator-farming-abuse-skins-hermes-fashion

Na u know
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by kesses: 11:04am On May 26, 2016
Wo i trust Nigerians they won't go waste time before they will kill and cook it
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by alaskido(m): 11:05am On May 26, 2016
This is a very sweet meat. I wish I was there. I would pay any amount to buy it.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by Baroba(m): 11:16am On May 26, 2016
bright007:
Whatever is wrong with live and let's live. Animals have their habitats and most animals would not go out of their homes into human territory.

Why disturb this animal in its own home? angry

Its a terrible situation, every living animal is meat in Nigeria.. The poor croc was dragged out of a canal, not that it wandered into peoples homes.. Unfortunately, this one don turn pepper soup..

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by tosinjay(m): 11:25am On May 26, 2016
Owliver:
religion tells us we have dominion over them. also told us we are image of God with souls and they are mere animals that we can kill and eat without considering that they also got emotions and feel pain like we do.

awon olori buruku religious philisophers undecided
It seems you'll only be drinking water in this live and vegetables. Gosh even vegetables have life so you gonna be starving ooo... Animals are for food. Eshey
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by AlanSugar(m): 3:03pm On May 26, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Stop believeing in outdated jewish fairytales. Go get an education.

The West African crocodile is facing extinction. Thats the difference.

Plus i dont consume beef.

Go vegetarian . Its best.

No one can be chewed by this small croc.

You can anyways carry on with your opinion. Coz you come from an uncivilized place . 3rd world country. So i understand.

You must be very stewpiid! Silly caww! You think you are edjucated? I rilly don't blaim yju!
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by blueAgent(m): 11:04am On May 28, 2016
ibolomo:

Clown. Africans are no match for whites. in any AREA.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by blueAgent(m): 11:21am On May 28, 2016
tosinjay:

It seems you'll only be drinking water in this live and vegetables. Gosh even vegetables have life so you gonna be starving ooo... Animals are for food. Eshey

Tell the Clown. they should stop eating entirely .becos Plants are also living things. i hope they do not. eat eggs and drink tea made with milk.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by blueAgent(m): 11:23am On May 28, 2016
tosinjay:

Tell the Clown. they should stop eating entirely .becos Plants are also living things. i hope they do not. eat eggs and drink tea made with milk.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by sentix(m): 5:32pm On May 29, 2016
Man is naturally carnivorous
IndianBwoy:

Yes they are innocent. Do not kill if you can avoid.
Become vegetarian.
Also wildlife is endangered. U wwill destroy your ecosystem.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by IndianBwoy(m): 1:42am On May 30, 2016
sentix:
Man is naturally carnivorous

Wrong.

Man is naturally herbivorous who discovered meat consumption much later.

which is why our canines are not so developed. although are molars are .
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by sentix(m): 4:51am On May 31, 2016
wrong, our digestive tract design does not support your theory.
in fact we are better suited to a meat diet. we don't process plant matter well.

IndianBwoy:

Wrong.

Man is naturally herbivorous who discovered meat consumption much later.

which is why our canines are not so developed. although are molars are .
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by ibolomo(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2016
blueAgent:

Clown. Africans are no match for whites. in any AREA.
Africans, when put on a lavel playing field with whites have shown superiority in reasoning and problem solving skills, even a recent research done by whites shows that blacks usually have the second highest IQ in the world. Your inferiority complex is second to none.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by IndianBwoy(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2016
sentix:
in fact we are better suited to a meat diet. we don't process plant matter well.

Thats wrong kindly google. The firstt human ancestors consumed only roots bulbs and plant matter. Our body is made for vegetarian diet.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by IndianBwoy(m): 7:51am On Jun 01, 2016
sentix:

When you look at the comparison between herbivores and humans, we compare much more closely to herbivores than meat eating animals. Humans are clearly not designed to digest and ingest meat.

Meat-eaters: have claws
Herbivores: no claws
Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)

Clearly if humans were meant to eat meat we wouldn't have so many crucial ingestive/digestive similarities with animals that are herbivores.

Many people ask me, "If we weren't supposed to eat meat than why do we?". It is because we are conditioned to eat meat. Also, the ADA (American Dietetic Association) tells us that "most of mankind for most of human history has lived on a vegetarian or Lacto-ovo vegetarian diet."

A popular statement that meat eaters say is; "In the wild, animals kill other animals for food. It's a part of nature." First of all, we are not in the wild. Secondly, we can easily live without eating meat and killing. We all would be healthier this way. Finally, as I have already shown, we weren't meant to eat meat. Meat putrefies within 4 hours after consumption and the remnants cling to the walls of the intestines for 14-21 days. If a person is suffering from constipation the rotting meat can stay in the intestines for months or years. Furthermore, the saliva in humans is more alkaline, whereas in the case of flesh-eating or preying animals, it is clearly acidic. The alkaline saliva does not act properly on meat.

The final point I would like to make on how we as humans were not meant to eat meat is this; all omnivorous and carnivorous animals eat their meat raw. When a lion kills an herbivore for food, it tears right into the stomach area to eat the organs that are filled with blood (nutrients). While eating the stomach, liver, intestine, etc., the lion laps the blood in the process of eating the dead animal's flesh. Even bears that are omnivores eat salmon raw. However, eating raw bloody meat disgust us as humans. This is why we must cook it and season it to buffer the taste of the flesh.

If a deer is burned in a forest fire a carnivorous animal will NOT eat its flesh. Even circus lions have to be feed raw meat so that they will not starve to death. If humans were truly meant to eat meat then we would eat all of our meat raw and bloody. The thought of eating such meat makes one’s stomach turn. This is my point on how we as humans are conditioned to believe that animal flesh is good for us and that we were meant to consume it for survival and health purposes. If we are true carnivores or omnivores we would eat animal flesh raw and bloody. Cooking our meat and seasoning it with salt, ketchup, mayo, mustard or tabasco sauce disguise the awful taste of flesh. This is the only way we as humans would eat meat because we refuse to eat it raw and bloody like real carnivores.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by blueAgent(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2016
ibolomo:

Africans, when put on a lavel playing field with whites have shown superiority in reasoning and problem solving skills, even a recent research done by whites shows that blacks usually have the second highest IQ in the world. Your inferiority complex is second to none.

I Laugh at your Ignorance.
First. all your black educated proffessors and engineers are products of whiteman's Educational system.whites established all the present Proffessions and Educational Curricullum. that formular,law or theory in Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Engineering,Economics,Arts,social Sciences e.t.c.
Equal platform will mean whites will take all their knowledge and educational system. and allow blacks to develop theirs. and of cause you know that will not end well.

Secondly . US schools with larger population of blacks have the worst results .compared to whites. even research have shown that poor white children still do better than their black peers from rich homes.

All over the US. affirmative action is imposed to lower entrance levels inorder to favour blacks.weather in Schools,University,Civil service,Army,private sector e.t.c eg below

www.newobserveronline.com/faa-no-white-air-traffic-controllers/

www.newobserveronline.com/texas-university-sneaks-affirmative-action/

www.newobserveronline.com/all-failing-schools-in-alabama-are-black/

www.dailystormer.com/91-of-students-in-failing-schools-in-bama-are-black-without-a-black-population-the-state-of-alabama-would-be-thriving/

If they were able to compete .their will not be need to lower entrance scores inorder to favour blacks and minority.

As i said before blacks are no match for whites in any Area.
Re: Crocodile Caught In A Canal In FESTAC, Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
danidee10:
When will you learn the it's wow not wao ehnn

cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) / Thread For Rottweiler Lovers /breeders / A Boy Crying, Carries His Dead Dog Hit By Truck (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.